Search results

1. P

Milesplit District Entries

i spoke with my daughter yesterday and she said to expect to put a lot of time and effort into it. They go Regional to State. Getting into Regional is strictly based on times in milesplit. Everything has to be correct, so she says she spends a few hours a week with emails back and forth to make...
  2. P

I appreciate the offer, but you were not in charge of our District and I was already gone from work on my way to the bus. It was sort of a disaster, but it all got worked out in the end. For next season, we have to make sure all of our meets are reported. We have to make sure that all the...
  3. P

Liberal media stoking the racial divide

I have no viewpoint to fit or not fit. You asked for something, I provided it. You yourself said 21,000 people were murdered in a year. 80% of your 21,000 were by guns. There are another 21,000 suicides by guns. The people are no less dead because of anything the media reports. You can pick...
  4. P

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/15/1099008586/mass-shootings-us-2022-tally-number https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2022
  5. P

Don't think anyone feels any numbers fly under the radar. 210 senseless murders is a starting point. There have been 198 "one-off nutjob" mass shootings already in the US in 2022. 6 more since the one in Buffalo. Nearly 80% of murders in the US involve a gun. Add another 21,000 number of...
  6. P

I do not understand any of this seed time stuff. in one event, our kids profile has him at one time and the seed time entered into the District is a full 7 seconds slower. Which is actually 10 seconds slower that what he runs. My daughter coaches in NC and it is mandatory that every meet be...
  7. P

They never did last year. We got them as we left the bus and entered the stadium. There were mistakes too. Will hurdlers not on the host school team be allowed to go over any hurdles before the races? I'm the "go with the flow" coach on our staff and I am irritated. Our not so go with the flow...
  8. P

By the way, our seed times are not even close in nearly every event that counts. 100 .25 off 200 .37 off 400 .20 off (And a hand time is what is being used) 800 over 9 seconds off (who cares though) 1600 good enough (Another doesn't really matter) 110h 1.27 seconds off with a hand time...
  9. P

Was not given access to the system literally until 2 days before I had to use it for the first time to enter our Conference meet. Less that 2 weeks before entering the District meet. Not rocket science, but we had issues that are still not resolved on entries not going through for the District...
  10. P

The problem is that this should not be a tit for tat thing. Who cares about FOX news. Who Cares about MSNBC or any other news site? People were murdered. Killed going to the Grocery Store on a weekend afternoon. Picking up a birthday cake for a 3 year old's birthday party. Running in to get some...
  11. P

D1 Districts

Worse yet, The Lakeview District does girls HJ and Girls PV at the exact same time. Does not work out well for a team that has the same two girls doing both events. They are on opposite ends of the facility. You also have CVCA and others that could be at different Discticts. Cross Country is...
  12. P

The Vaccine is Effective

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/300000-us-covid-deaths-averted-vaccination-analysis-finds/story?id=84753284 https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/05/13/1098071284/this-is-how-many-lives-could-have-been-saved-with-covid-vaccinations-in-each-sta...
  13. P

D1 Districts

The OHSAA allows the Districts to conduct their District meets how they see fit. I think that is a good thing and should allow the District boards to be able to seed or not seed and do things that are best for their schools and not be tied to what another District does. (This is in theory. NE...
  14. P

Let's Start A Good Thread. Best Concerts you've Ever Attended !

Funny thing about Dio was it was about an 18" stage. I could hear him, but only got a few glimpses of him. I honestly thought it was some tribute band since my Swedish was not real strong when I was reading the paper. I had to ask the friends I was visiting if it was really going to be him and...
  15. P

Let's Start A Good Thread. Best Concerts you've Ever Attended !

Van Halen is the worst show I've ever seen. 1984 Scorpions best with Bowie and Rush close behind. Ozzy with original Black Sabbath and Judas Priest also up there. I was in Sweden and saw Ronnie James Dio at a tiny little bar. Then I came back to the states and he was playing in a small bar...
  16. P

D1 Districts

It happens from time to time. Go look at D2 and see what Marlington has in the 1600 and 3200. They are only allowed to enter 2. We have gone 1,2 at the state meet in the 1600 and 3200 before and could not enter our 3rd. Marlington could place 4-5 in the top 8 at the state meet. Where some of...
  17. P

I entered our league meet to make sure we were in. I did the entries for both the boys and girls. The girls coach had a family issue to attend to out of state. When he came back we were on the phone going over things and it was different than what I had been able to do just 2 days prior. On...
  18. P

This should not be learn as you go, there should be specific directions to follow.
  19. P

Sixty-three percent of NFL draft picks were track and field athletes in high school

They did well in the throws. HJ and LJ were their only weak events scoring wise. They will be a force at the state meet. 4x800 under 8:10 4x400 @ 3:25.8 4x200 @ 1:29.86 4x100 @ 43.35 two guys that can score in the 100 (11.14 -11.25) 200 (22.52-22.88) Not sure how many of their kids are...
  20. P

Hard to make this up. Congratulations Dems

Protecting civil rights? https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/2020-Democratic-Party-Platform.pdf Please point out what you are talking about so we can all be better informed.