Search results

1. E

2022 St. Ignatius Football

Lenehan in particular is a phenomenal player. Both the Cats and Eagles have flirted with the number one national ranking at times over the years. Nice to see Ignatius break through. Great sport that can also provide college opportunities for those guys that are great athletes but lack the...
  2. E

2022 St. Edward Football

Looks like Kilbane committed to Northwestern over the weekend on his official visit. I think that will be a great fit for him. Love what Fitzgerald has done with that program.
  3. E

2022 St. Ignatius Football

He did an excellent job with the defense last year. I too think the program will be in good hands. The dynastic run of the '90's Wildcats under Kyle is a level of success I don't believe we will ever see again, from any program. But with the healthy student body that Ignatius maintains, there is...
  4. E

2022 St. Edward Football

No idea regarding next years incoming freshman. I've never been one to follow such things and tend not to put too much stock in what gets floated around in sewing circles and on message boards. Predicting how pubescent boys will mature and develop is a fool's errand IMO. Many of the key leaders...
  5. E

2022 St. Edward Football

Speaking of loaded classes, the '24 group has been picking up steam on the college recruiting trail lately even though most have yet to play any significant varsity reps. Among those to land D1 offers so far: Ben Roebuck (OT) : Penn St., Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Northwestern, Michigan...
  6. E

Mentor Football 2022

If I recall, Potter was somewhat disappointing as a junior before having a monster senior season. Same may hold true for Vernon, who apparently has gotten even bigger in the offseason and appears headed for the interior at the next level. As for Potter, I thought he had a number of quality...
  7. E

Mentor Football 2022

As much as I'd love for the regular season series to continue, I do like the prospect of not having to potentially play both of the other region 1 powers twice in a season with the expanded playoffs (even though that outcome has only happened once from my recollection). The playoff games between...
  8. E

2022 St. Edward Football

I don't recall much from the game, but that outfit it typically the most talent-laden of the Canadian programs and capable of producing big plays just based on sheer athleticism.
  9. E

Centerville vs St. Ignatius - D1 Semifinal

Best two teams are moving on (as it should be). Looking forward to this PC/Centerville game.
  10. E

St. Edward Basketball 2021/22

Yes and yes. Final four for this team was a great run. Might be the last run for at least a few years.
  11. E

2022 St. Edward Football

From the sounds of the new defense that Jim Knowles brings in, there is certainly a role that a guy with Kilbane's skill set can bring to the table as that hybrid DE/LB.
  12. E

Centerville vs St. Ignatius - D1 Semifinal

Ignatius made some tweaks to their starting lineup, bringing a couple former starters off the bench, and seems to have found a working recipe where there is not a drop-off when rotating. They have a great 3-point shooter in Effertz and some talented young guards that will keep them a final four...
  13. E

Mentor v Eds

I can’t remember a worse start than the one we saw last night. This team has made several dramatic comebacks throughout the year, but to overcome the abysmal shooting from the floor (1-16 to start) was something we haven’t quite seen yet. Bova was the offensive catalyst as usual. He attacks the...
  14. E

St. Edward Hockey 2021-2022

Eagles lose in semi-final to Gilmour 2-0. As we learned last week, tough to beat a good team three times in one season.
  15. E

2022 St. Edward Football

Nice addition to the schedule. Big-school Colorado powerhouse located in the Denver suburbs. Looks like they have at least four P5 recruits in their 2023 class, with some serious talent in their defensive front...
  16. E

Division I Cleveland/Copley Region (Region 2)

I think Bova was on the JV his freshman year. Varsity rotational guy by his sophomore year.
  17. E

Mentor v Eds

Wasn’t aware he committed anywhere. Agree about his athleticism. Serious hops. One of those guys I would have loved to see put on the pads and split out wide for the football team, a la Montorie Foster.
  18. E

Mentor v Eds

Accurate statement regarding the talent level of this St. Edward team. A number of good athletes, but only one D1-caliber college player in Bova. Not much size to speak of either. They do have some streaky shooters that can light it up on a good night, and they will probably need it on Friday if...
  19. E

Mentor v Eds

I don't see a clear favorite here. Mentor is probably playing better basketball at the moment.
  20. E

St. Ignatius hockey 2020-2021

At some point I think the OHSAA needs to explore seeding the entire playoff field. No reason these two teams should continually have to play each other for a trip to Columbus when they are consistently among the top four teams in the state.