Search results

1. J

2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I have spoke with two basketball coaches/educators in the league and they both said Brookville will most likely move up to D2 in basketball in the next few years. They said Brookville's elementary numbers are up. Not sure if is true, but I have no reason to think they just made it up. Can anyone...
  2. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Eaton shot the ball very well and I’m guessing, probably the best game they shot all season. I’m been waiting to see what they shot from beyond the arch on the SWBL site, but I won’t be surprised if it’s above 60%. Also Hu, didn’t play, which hurt them with the lack of depth, and it was only...
  3. J

Rumors about the SWBL expansion to 12 teams...

Is the CM and Wilmington rumor of being added to the league just wishful thinking or is there some validity to it? I have never heard from the few people I know more about this stuff than me, mention that those two schools have been approached by the league. Can someone confirm that the league...
  4. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

You are absolutely correct from your perspective about the lack of ADA accommodations and for that, I apologize and really didn’t mean to offend you. My take is purely from a players perspective playing on the court and from that perspective I still love the Pit. Back to basketball… the Jacks...
  5. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Wow that stinks! I’m surprised this game isn’t rescheduled.
  6. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

It obvious you are not an Oakwood basketball alum. Everyone hates the Pit unless you were an Oakwood player. As for the Oakwood players and their perspective, they love it. Long live the Pit!!! Greatest gym if you ask the Oakwood players and go Jacks tonight against Bellbrook!! I think it’s...
  7. J

Beavercreek looking for new coach

Rumor in Oakwood is Butch Snider applied for the job. He is a teacher in the Beavercreek schools.
  8. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

I looked that up on the swbl site Monroe was up at the end the 1st Q and 2nd Q vs. Harrison. They were also up at the end of the first 3 quarters vs. Brookville. Maybe they blew this one?? In all the other games Monroe trailed at the end of each quarter. In those 5 other games they were always...
  9. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Being an Oakwood fan, okay I was wrong. They won by more than 20. That being said, Keon is starting to hit his stride. He finished the last football game with a dislocated finger that came through the skin. Then, as he came back for basketball he rolled his ankle and missed one game, Alter...
  10. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Oakwood is the more talented team, but I have to tip my hat to the Carlisle team and coaches. The Carlisle kids play hard and the coach gets the most out of them. Yes it got a little ugly at the end and nobody got hurt, but Carlisle never gave up. Over all a hard fought game.
  11. J

Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Oakwood won. I believe the score was. 72-50
  12. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Jacks are solid, but like most high school teams, if they come out flat they can be beat. Not sure how good MU is in basketball, but the Brumbaugh kid is a good athlete and I'm sure he can be a handful to guard. I think Oakwood will win but not by 20 more like 8-10.
  13. J

Is SWBL expanding and adding Wilmington and Clinton Massie?

I really don't know, but my guess is 95% of the people don't know this is being discussed and the other half don't care.
  14. J

Is SWBL expanding and adding Wilmington and Clinton Massie?

Those are the same 6 schools I heard about from the "original story" from someone here in Oakwood. The other schools, Wilmington, CM, and others mentioned, I have only heard about on this thread. Who knows the truth?? I do think things will change in the next few years, but as discussed, it...
  15. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Oakwood 85 VV 59
  16. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Yes
  17. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Sorry, the information is NOT very accurate on the website. Usually a little exaggerated.
  18. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

According the the SWBL website JT is 6’ 2” I really don’t know how tall he is and the information for height and weight are very accurate. Stidham being out will hurt them unless they they have another kid who can bring up the ball.
  19. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Nope, hope he is ready to play this weekend.
  20. J

SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Oakwood 65 Edgewood 42 Jacks start off slow in the first half but roll Edgewood in the second half.