Search results

1. E

Round 2: #7 Elder(6-5) vs. #2 St. Xavier(9-2)

Elder travels to North Bend on Friday night to take on St. Xavier at RDI Stadium. I think the stadium will be full Friday night. Will Elder fans show up? The PIT was basically empty Friday night mostly just parents of players and students watching. It was probably the poorest fan support...
  2. E

Playoffs: #7 Elder(5-5) vs. #10 Colerain(5-5) at THE PIT

Colerain will travel to Price Hill tonight to play Elder in the 1st round of the playoffs. This is the 12th times these 2 schools have met in the playoffs. Previously meeting in 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2018, and 2019 Both teams have struggled at times this...
  3. E

Playoffs R1: #7 Elder(5-5) vs. #10 Colerain(5-5)

Elder "unofficially" has earned the #7 seed and will play at home vs. the #10 seed Colerain Cardinals. How many playoff meetings is this now between Elder and Colerain? Colerain had the lead against Princeton ready to blow up the Region 4 rankings, but Princeton scored a late TD to go up 13-12...
  4. E

Week 9: Elder(3-5) vs. Football North Canada(1-3)

Trying to look at the bright side of being 3-5, they are still in position to secure a home playoff game if they win these last 2 games. Elder currently sits 8th which would be a home playoff game, but they will likely jump Colerain for the 7th spot if they win the last 2 games and Colerain...
  5. E

Week 8: Elder(3-4) vs. Indianapolis Roncalli (7-0)

Consider this a MUST win. Roncalli is classified as a D2 team for harbin purposes. There are big harbin points up for grabs here to improve Elder's seed and get a home playoff game. 7-0 speaks for itself regardless of competition. It looks like Bishop Chatard has been their best win, 28-21...
  6. E

Week 6: Elder(2-3) vs. St. Xavier(5-0)

I don't think much needs to be said. Elder is up against it this week against defending state champs St. X. They return 17 starters from last year's team. This was one everyone assumed would be an L on the schedule. St. X 49 Elder 21
  7. E

Week 5: Elder(2-2) vs. Louisville St. Xavier(2-1)

Elder next travels south to take on Louisville St. Xavier. This will be another tough game for the Panthers. X is coming off a bye week and the previous week lost to Louisville Male 28-21. Last year, X made it to the 6A state semi-finals in Kentucky losing to the eventual champs Trinity 31-0...
  8. E

Will any teams be ineligible for playoffs?

I apologize if I missed this. Did OHSAA waive the minimum number of games played for a team to be eligible for the playoffs? The rule was a team had to play a minimum of 8 regular season games to count in the Harbins. I see some schools have already had 3 games canceled. Will a team make the...
  9. E

Week 4: Elder(2-1) vs. St. Edward(3-0)

Elder has the state #3 ranked team visiting Saturday at The PIT. I really don't know about this one. I think Elder can pull the upset, but Ed's must be very good this year. They just beat Mentor yesterday 47-7.
  10. E

Week 4: Cincinnati Elder vs. Lakewood St. Edward at The PIT

St. Edward will travel to Cincinnati to take on Elder at The PIT Saturday at 4pm. Elder has upset St. Ed's a couple times in The PIT. Can they do it again Saturday?
  11. E

Week 3 Elder(1-1) vs. St. Mary's(MO)(1-0)

Week 3 is here already and as usual the season starts flying by us. The good news is Elder is back at home on a Friday night in the PIT. The bad news is St. Mary's is the equivalent of a D5 school in Ohio according to joeeitel.com St. Mary's comes in from St. Louis, Missouri. Elder should...
  12. E

Week 2 Elder(1-0) at Pickerington Central(1-0)

Does Elder have a chance?
  13. E

Week 2 Elder(1-0) at Pickerington Central(1-0)

This should be a great game featuring 2 of best teams in the state of Ohio. Elder rolled over one of the top KY teams Covington Catholic. PC rolled over a very strong Massillon team. PC is very strong upfront which is a big matchup problem for Elder this year. Elder typically has very big...
  14. E

Week 1: Elder vs. Covington Catholic (KY)

Elder opens at home Friday night vs. the top team in Northern Kentucky - Cov Cath. Cov Cath is 54-3 the last 4 years with 2 state championships, 1 state runner-up, and 1 state final 4 which was last season. Who wins this game? I would set the line at Elder -3 in this one.
  15. E

Week 1: Covington Catholic (KY)

The season is here this Friday night. Elder opens with a home game vs. Cov Cath at the Pit 7pm Friday night. For those not familiar with Cov Cath recently, they are 54-3 over the last 4 seasons that includes 2 state titles, a state runner-up, and a state final 4(last season). Elder will...
  16. E

Biden's town hall in Cincinnati will be at a Catholic college.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2021/07/20/biden-town-hall-cincinnati-right-life-group-calls-out-mt-st-joe/8025357002/
  17. E

Fights at Kings Island

I know this isn't westside, but most westsiders frequent Kings Island during the summer. This made yahoo news. It is pretty sad to have to close the park down early, because people can't behave. https://www.yahoo.com/news/felt-rough-fights-unruly-guests-193734139.html