Search results

1. S

St. Edward (4-0) @ Massillon (3-1)

I could see this being a trap game too. Ed's has had an easier time than expected with two of their bigger opponents. Massillon is a proud program and they played them tough last year. Ed's has to keep their heads screwed on straight, and I think they will!, but I could see them losing if...
  2. S

It says "at Lakewood St. Edward." Joe Eitel also has it as a home game for St. Ed's and he just doesn't make mistakes. https://massillontigers.com/2004/10/09/2004-Massillon-7-lakewood-st-edward-37/
  3. S

That's not true, it was definitely at Lakewood. The 2000 game was pretty incredible. Justin Zwick led late drive that culminated in like a 52 yard field goal to win it as time expired. Controversially, there was a play on that drive that was ruled an incomplete pass that Eagle fans swear he...
  4. S

2021 St. Edward Football

I thought of that too. The athleticism of this year's defense reminds me of that 2003 D. The offense is much better than that 2003 team though. Going down to the Pit and blowing out Elder is a big deal, that's a tough place to play against a tough opponent. Massillon will be another...
  5. S

‘Complete chaos’: School officials making changes after fights break out at Euclid football game

It's not believing they will be settled with reasoned discourse, it is about I don't understand why it needs to be a fight. Kids didn't go to a football game expecting and waiting to see if a fight breaks out. If you were going to fight, you set up a time and place and showed up, it wasn't...
  6. S

‘Complete chaos’: School officials making changes after fights break out at Euclid football game

A mix of a lot of things here. I don't understand why the first step for a lot of kids is to get in someone's face and fight. It also seems that there were a lot of young women fighting in the video. The fact that the video exists, and I'm sure it was not the only phone out recording it, is...
  7. S

2021 St. Edward Football

I think the uniform play was one that speaks more about the current kids and culture around football teams. Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, all have had special jerseys from their sponsors year in and year out. Oregon has made it their thing to do special jerseys for every game. I'm not...
  8. S

Week 4: Cincinnati Elder vs. Lakewood St. Edward at The PIT

I think Ed's wins in a battle, 24-21.
  9. S

2021 St. Edward Football

Ed's is pretty good, what is impressive is I'm not sure they have a "star" but they have a lot of really solid, decently athletic players all over the place. They play solid team football, the run game complements the pass game, the receivers all know their roles and are all dependable. I hope...
  10. S

2021 St. Edward Football

I guess the question is can we find an opponent?
  11. S

Ohio Football is becoming irrelevant.

There are only so many 5 stars every year, I think some people don't realize how rare that is. A 4 star player in high school is pretty damn good. Shaun Crawford was "only a 4 star" by some ratings and a 3 star in others. I watched him dominate a game against St. Ignatius his senior year and...
  12. S

ESPN Blasts Bishop Sycamore

I think it's a strain on all the schools to have multiple trips between Cincinnati and Cleveland. Ignatius and X will always play because they are both Jesuit, Ed's and Moeller have a good history of playing and now Ed's and Elder have built a good consistency too. Right now I think all the...
  13. S

I think overall, it just showed a national audience what Ohio has known for two years now, that Bishop Sycamore is the worst example of a football program and school. Taking advantage of people's beliefs in their own kid's abilities, promising them exposure for college scholarships, and an...
  14. S

Highlights a problem St. Ed's has scheduling teams.
  15. S

Ohio Football is becoming irrelevant.

Whoever said it is cyclical is correct. I do think we have a harder time developing top tier talent because the best athletes are not always playing football. Sport specialization, especially with basketball, has hurt that but it happens with other things too. I think football used to be much...
  16. S

All-time heartbreaking defeat your team suffered

I know some St. Ed's guys posted but I can fill in the stories and I added a couple games 1975: Moeller 14- St. Ed's 12 in the State Final. "Too Aggressive." Mike Currence, who would go on to coach at Massillon for a number of years, led the Big Green Machine to the Akron Rubber Bowl after...
  17. S

2021 St. Edward Football

The first half was a struggle for both teams to move the ball outside of a few big plays. Ramos' touch seemed much better than last year as he hit Miller on a skinny post early. Our o-line struggled to get a push it seemed and therefore the running game suffered. We have a good stable of backs...
  18. S

2021 St. Edward Football

We have arrived to week one! What do we know about Toledo Central Catholic? Seemed that they had a good year last year, dropping a tough one to Avon Lake in the playoffs. I know they've won state championships in smaller divisions and have sent enough players to the next level.
  19. S

2021 St. Edward Football

I think they stopped the regular season series because the end of the schedule got very brutal, especially for X, not ideal for a playoff run.
  20. S

2021 St. Edward Football

I believe it was discontinued after the 2004 season. To give some more perspective, I think the last time Lakewood made the playoffs was 2003, they went 7-3, their only two losses was a blow out to Mentor (the "Class" 50-9 or something), Shaker Heights (34-7, who had a Michigan State recruited...