Search results

1. C

2021-22 Club season

Saw same thing. Lots of impactful changes or updates with more to be decided. Jones going to Yorktowne. It is an interesting change for vanguard. We all talked about his inconsistency. Will be interesting to see if he evolves his swing. Vanguard bringing in Academy OH who had similar...
  2. C

2021-22 Club season

Absolutely. I saw the same thing you did with 17s but frankly that happens everywhere. It is player dependent. I can tell you about similar issues at attack in certain age groups over the years. The counter to that is last years vanguard 18s. Very tight.
  3. C

2021-22 Club season

I think all the Indy kids are 18s. “Younger” setters are 16/17. Agree on the drive particularly Indy to Columbus. One thing to drive an hour so. But vanguard pulls in those Pittsburgh players as well. They modify practices to Fri night/Sat morning and culture involves local players...
  4. C

2021-22 Club season

So big week for club. OP, Attack, and Vanguard all with tryouts on 9/12. A2 on 9/11. Attack with last night of competitive series on Wed. Vanguard with fall league on Friday. Confirmed Attack is getting 2 Academy players. Think Vanguard is getting 3. A couple of young cincy setters...
  5. C

2021-22 Club season

At this point I agree with you. And it is based on Vanguards history of making continuous improvement to teams. Objectively Attack 18s finished higher than VG 18s at Nationals and VG 18s looked bad. Adding the Libero from last years 18s will address a key need. And I don’t know what benefit...
  6. C

2021 Boys Nationals

Day 2 results - 18 Open - Vanguard 1st in pool winning tie breaker. 18 USA - Attack 1s - 2nd in pool Attack 2s -6th in pool OP 1s- 3rd in pool 18 club- Vanguard 2s- 2nd in pool OP2s- 4th/last in pool-same pool as Van 2s 17 USA- Attack 1s- 4th and moving on Vanguard 1s- 5th lost in tie...
  7. C

2021 Boys Nationals

Day 1 results - 17/18 18 open - vanguard 2-1 loss to SAS in 3. Looking good to break pool. 18 USA- Attack 1s - 3-0. Attack 2s -0-3 OP - 2-1 17 USA - Vanguard 1-2 Attack 0-3 Lots of scenarios in these 6 team pools.
  8. C

2021 Boys Nationals

Tough day for 16s. Both lost set %tie breakers to fall out of gold/silver opportunity. Thought attack had it with win over Borenquin. Also thought vanguard had it after 2-1 start. Congrats to Op 15 and Phoenix for staying in top half for now. Attack and vanguard out of consideration.
  9. C

2021 Boys Nationals

Love the question. IMO from greatest chance to least chance and this is not ranking best teams: Vanguard 18s Open Vanguard 16s USA Attack 17/Vanguard 17 USA - I think they will finish within a pool of one another. Both teams did well in Indy with Attack winning. Attack 18 USA OP 18 USA Attack...
  10. C

SoCal Cup National Showcase

I think their 17s move up with McDonough. The opportunity is for the juniors. This past year was their first 5 days/wk practice. Let’s see what happens in Indy/Nationals and open gyms.
  11. C

SoCal Cup National Showcase

I agree on the drop nationally. Definitely the best offensive team from vanguard in recent memory. Don’t count out next years teams though. Libero is back. Blaine is the 17s outside invited to u19 national camp with Jonah and Luke. He didn’t play much due to covid. And they train and...
  12. C

2021 State Tournament Results

East region all stars
  13. C

BOYS HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL COVERAGE

Buried in the article are links to stories on Badin and Fenwick https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/high-school-sports/2021/05/07/fenwick-boys-volleyball-nets-states-top-spot-after-no-1-upsets/4981970001/
  14. C

Top Teams in the State

So if X is 3 seed in south who do they choose- Moe or Elder? If Moe is 3 seed who do they choose? X or Elder? Kind of depends on Friday but want to hear discussion. If lose to Elder for 0-3 they must pick X right? If they win....
  15. C

Top Teams in the State

I was told that in at least one of the matchups with fenwick Alter was missing their best OH. Don’t know the kid or how talented. But it does seem like they are rounding into form. Happened last full season when Fenwick won in regular season and lost in playoffs. As has been said before, I...
  16. C

Top Teams in the State

X is indeed experienced at high school level. However Baden’s staff has a great deal of high level experience including college play and open level coaching/play. Well done to Badin. Respect from X.