Search results

1. nwwarrior09

Why do you like/ dislike the NBA?

Women's sports like basketball didn't really become "competitive" until the 1970s. In those days there would have been few quality female candidates and a strong bias in most organizations to hire a man in a leadership position, hence the tendency for the bulk of "old" current coaches to be men...
  2. nwwarrior09

I'd have to agree that typically getting through an entire game in under two hours with commercials coming only at halftime is a huge plus. MLS is garbage, but IMO the biggest issue soccer has with attracting casual fans in this country is that there's limited scoring in high level competition...
  3. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Ty Lue unfortunately coaches the team though...I know most severely devalue coaching in the NBA, but at this point in the playoffs it does make a difference and Monty Williams is a few levels above him. Cousins isn't exactly renowned for his defense, especially as his mobility has declined the...
  4. nwwarrior09

Soccer is a terrible sport to watch televised most of the time like. Not enough action, the same as baseball with it's absurdly slow pace and elongated at-bats.
  5. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Near perfect player for the "modern" NBA and has his flopping down almost as good as Harden already. Incredibly tough to guard him.
  6. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Ty Lou got outmaneuvered in a special situation (under out of bounds) and couldn't get a stop to lose last night with less than a second on the clock. Have to think this series is pretty much a wrap with the Suns up 2-0 and Chris Paul probably returning sooner than later.
  7. nwwarrior09

Fort Loramie Varsity Boys Summer Shoot-Out

I know it's only the summer, but Jackson Center has to be very good to play that tight against Catholic Central. That coach does an excellent job and for how small that school is they seem to reload almost every year.
  8. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

I wouldn't get too far ahead of myself if I were the Cavs here...assuming this is the inevitable outcome of their pick, I'd still consider them to be an "asset collector" and not quite a ready to win team with a splash trade...notwithstanding I can't see Sexton being the major asset the Sixers...
  9. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Major break for the Cavs...this pick has to be Green unless Houston goes in a direction other than Mobley at #2. Green is a better prospect than last year's #1 pick Anthony Edwards, and as far as scoring talent goes in this draft probably only trails Cunningham.
  10. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

I don't think these guys were quite there yet this year. The Bucks are a team that over the course of his short career Simmons has averaged well below his career scoring averages against. I don't think Philly beats Milwaukee in a seven game series without some big breaks. Danny Green would have...
  11. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

I'm not sure how much faith I have in Doc Rivers. Outside of a few years with the Celtics where he had three hall of famers and another all-star along with a loaded coaching staff with Tom Thibodeau as his associate HC, he's been a perennial underachiever and choke artist in the postseason.
  12. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

The problem with Ben Simmons is that it's very difficult to support having a guard that's a non-shooter who's limited to scoring at the rim on a max contract in the current era where scoring is the most valued commodity and handily trumps defense. All of the rules and interpretations are heavily...
  13. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Embiid was very good and Trae Young was not so good, and the Sixers still got bounced. Ben Simmons had 6 points in 34 4th quarter minutes in games 4-7. 6-12 from the free throw line with 0 FG attempts.
  14. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

This is certainly happening. LeBron and Chris Paul are the last major stars that came in on the tail end of the league floundering in the early 2000s. The young guys are going to blow by the Durants, Hardens and Currys over the next few years. It seems all but assured one of those young guys...
  15. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Devin Booker with a 40 point triple double as the Suns take game 1 against the Clippers. Chris Paul will be back at some point and probably pretty healthy. No clue about Kawhi. Hard to see the Clippers winning four out of six.
  16. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

Game of inches. I initially thought that huge shot Durant hit at the end of regulation was a three and would have been a replayed playoff game/series winner for eternity. End of overtime the game ended on him chucking an airball on essentially the same move from close to the same spot.
  17. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

18. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

It is ridiculous...he along with a few other ball dominant guards like Harden are practically unguardable when they are allowed to rack up cheap fouls with such tactics.
  19. nwwarrior09

NBA thread

I personally hope he doesn't miss any games. His last 6-7 games where the shoulder injury hasn't seemed to be bothering him as much have been brilliant, and as a result the Suns have looked like they are probably the team to beat. Are you surprised by that? I'm definitely not. Their inability...
  20. nwwarrior09

Hornets' LaMelo Ball reportedly wins NBA Rookie of the Year

I strongly dislike the Balls and see them as being a clown show due to Lavar, but much of this is wrong. Lonzo Ball was a terrible shooter a few years ago and has improved dramatically as a shooter year over year. He shot roughly 38% from three this year, making 172 3s in 55 games. His overall...