Search results

1. Z

Shelby looking for a coach.

Source?
  2. Z

Shooting at AAU tourney

I can’t speak to baseball. Travel basketball tournament directors, by and large, are scared to death of losing their gravy trains so teams and coaches often get away with completely atrocious behavior. I’ve seen it happen many times. In the southeast US there’s a group called Phenom Hoop Report...
  3. Z

Shooting at AAU tourney

Money.
  4. Z

35 Second Shot Clock Allowed by NFHS Starting in 2022-2023

You realize that the majority of officials have experience playing the sports they officiate, right? Hell there is more than one former NBA player who currently officiates NBA basketball or is in the pipeline. Many Division 1 NCAA referees are in the basketball halls of fame at their alma maters...
  5. Z

35 Second Shot Clock Allowed by NFHS Starting in 2022-2023

At the lower college levels where it’s hard to find people to sit at the table (and the schools don’t want to pay), I often see injured/suspended players for the home team running the clocks. They are more interested in playing on their phones than doing their job.
  6. Z

Another Weekend Of Youth Basketball.... Another Weekend Of Fights

A great reminder for officials why we should be very selective in choosing what "street ball" games we work in the offseason. It's not just coaches, parents, and TDs who can make life miserable - your partners can, too.
  7. Z

Another Weekend Of Youth Basketball.... Another Weekend Of Fights

Helped a college assigner run his camp this past weekend. Sunday morning a game between two teams ended with both teams and their fans spilling onto the court in an all-out brawl. Tournament director immediately kicked both teams out of the event – no refunds. Exactly the way it should be and...