Search results

1. Sykotyk

National Simulated State Football Tournament ... 2nd edition

Yeah, neither are the outcomes. You missed the point.
  2. Sykotyk

Joe biden not running for reelection

"the people"? If democratic members have an issue with their party's operations they'll take it up themselves. That's how it is a party and not 'the government'. You trying to sway it apparently from the outside just shows you're unaware that political parties aren't government, and aren't run...
  3. Sykotyk

Next time you plan to do this, if you were interested, I wouldn't mind trying to regionalize the first few rounds so that the matchups made more sense from a financial and logistical standpoint if such a tournament as this was conducted. These cross-country trips for a first round game somehow...
  4. Sykotyk

Primaries are held among the parties. That's the reason some states allow closed primaries of those only registered with the party. You think democrats are going to vote for a Republican because Biden isn't running? You either have policy positions you vote for, or you vote for a popularity...
  5. Sykotyk

Parties aren't democratic, you understand that right? You upset the Green Party didn't hold primaries? Whether a presumptive nominee backs out or dies, the process moves on. Funny that your little diatribe there is actually voicing support for ranked choice voting. But you probably won't...
  6. Sykotyk

2024 home run derby butchering of national anthem

If someone is trying to be bad and succeeds at it, is it good or still bad? Barr is not a singer. The anthem singer that day backed out. They knew she was there and asked her to do it simply because she's a well-known name. She's a comedian and made a joke of it. Not defending her, but what...
  7. Sykotyk

My only real question is how are you matching the two teams up? If this were to truly ever happen (the odds percentage being near zero), the teams would surely be matched up with neighboring states at first for the first several rounds. An Alabama-California matchup, though interesting, would...
  8. Sykotyk

Article My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Buchtel is a great place for an afternoon game. Been there for two games.
  9. Sykotyk

Caitlin Clark

Still getting better as a rookie. Interested to see how she does next year with a true off season
  10. Sykotyk

Ohio High School County Map

I didn't check it to thoroughly but figure this is an automated system of some sort given they're doing every state. Pulling from a stat site such as calpreps or maxpreps, looking up the city to see the county and then assigning it on the map. Maybe with GPS coordinates to stack them in the...
  11. Sykotyk

Donald trump. Was shot at at his rally (Part 2)

Wondering if it's gonna be another bizarre Impressing Jodie Foster reason.
  12. Sykotyk

Donald trump. Was shot at at his rally (Part 2)

I thought that thread was about as civil as you can get for the subject matter. Might as well blacklist this topic then if that's the case.
  13. Sykotyk

Best Week 1 Thursday Night Game

Believe so.
  14. Sykotyk

I think the forum software is compressing the image. It's very clear on Twitter zoomed in
  15. Sykotyk

Let's see if this one is clearer
  16. Sykotyk

Yep saw the Texas one first and saw he had done other states but hadn't seen the Ohio one. Very cool setup. Four counties with just one attributed team.
  17. Sykotyk

My Favorite Photos Ever

Shouldn't happen. It's a great venue as is and the field closeness to the fans is what puts it near the top for small stadiums. Hope they don't change it
  18. Sykotyk

School Names that are often Mispronounced

Surprisingly, only Houston, Texas is pronounced that way. Houston Street in Manhattan is House-ton, and Houston, Pennsylvania is House-ton.
  19. Sykotyk

My Favorite Photos Ever

A little late, but here's my recap of my Week 17 trip to Texas and back. Got a little behind on updating my site and just let these fester. Now for the year in review sometime before next season starts. http://sykotyk.com/football/2024/07/09/2023-week-17-texas/ Rest of the weekly schedules are...
  20. Sykotyk

My Favorite Photos Ever

Still working them out, but this should be my 500th stadium for a high school football game: And my 1,472nd game.