Search results

1. G

(UPDATED) Possible High Schools for Incoming Freshmen

Josh Sheets will be Lancaster
  2. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

It would be interesting to take all the transfer that scored points and see what scores of other teams would have been if they had stayed where they were.
  3. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

I was just trying to add to your post, nothing more Mike.
  4. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

To be fair, Penn St may have still scored more points with other guys that they recruited. Obviously not as much, but still likely would have had more points than 114
  5. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

You are right, with Penn St gobbling up all those points, it made everyone behind them very close in points. Ohio State was 10.5 points away from 2nd place, so if you had a healthy Sasso at 157 this year, where would the Buckeye's have finished? Very real possibility they finish in 2nd place...
  6. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

I know it is unlikely, but imagine Sasso at 157 and Carson at 165.
  7. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

Agreed, they also had some misses on some recruits during that time so they had a huge roster turn over. But you have seen all the wrestlers progress, even the elite ones like Feldman have gotten better. This is the first NCAA tournament for 7 out of the 9 wrestlers and have been very...
  8. G

Ohio State at NCAAs

Yesterday has me excited for the future, I think we are set at 133,141, 174, 184 and 285. I think Geog has potential and could end up on the same track as Romeo, and we could be good at 125 (to early to tell for sure though). Recruiting misses and injuries have really boned us at 157 and 165...
  9. G

District Results from State Tournament

Central is just down right now, they do not have the multi-year generational wrestling yet that you see up north. I also think you have seen a good amount of talent from the central move to the D2 and D3 schools, as you are seeing several of those schools much more competitive the past few...
  10. G

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 10 - Eric Barnett - WIS 133 - 4 - Dylan Shawver - RUT 141 - 8 - Sergio Lemley - MICH 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 3 - Meyer Shapiro - COR 165 - 5 - Dean Hamiti - WIS 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 6 - Bernie Truax - PSU 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 2 - Yonger Bastida - ISU
  11. G

2024 B10 Pick'Em

fixed
  12. G

2024 B10 Pick'Em

125 6. Braeden Davis (PSU) 133 14. Brody Teske (IOWA) 141 7. Mitch Moore (RUT) 149 4. Tyler Kasak (PSU) 157 5. Peyton Robb (NEB) 165 2. Mitchell Mesenbrink (PSU) 174 12. Bubba Wilson (NEB) 184 3. Bernie Truax (PSU) 197 8. Evan Bates (NU) 285 1. Greg Kerkvliet (PSU)
  13. G

Losing on purpose

When you do not do true seeding at a tournament, I have no issues with this. The random draw stuff can really screw over a good kid, so do what you need to do to keep your season alive.
  14. G

D1 Darby District 2024

Sometimes I feel like an albatross as I just want to see good wrestling, and for HD district to represent well at State. I have nothing but respect for most of the programs in Central Ohio, but I guess I luckily have not had to deal with parents most of the time. Marysville, Coffman, Liberty...
  15. G

D1 Darby District 2024

Yea there are always people on forums that are worth ignoring, like the Oldman poster here as well.
  16. G

D1 Darby District 2024

Stuff like this shows you who are school fans and who are wrestling fans...
  17. G

Another Rough Day for Officials

There seems to be more and more problem parents, that makes me not want to ever officiate. In fact it played a role in me leaving coaching after almost 20 years. The officiating I saw this weekend over all was pretty good.
  18. G

The OSU VS. The UM

To be fair it does seem like a lot of our guys are more interested in trying to cradle up their opponent of shots as opposed to working on defending shots.
  19. G

OSU vs ILL

That is the rumor
  20. G

OSU vs ILL

Sounds like he is going to get a lot of chances now that Hoffman is out for the season.