Search results

1. N

2023-24 Federal League Baseball

I also believe that Jackson’s high level of play has elevated the other teams. The more you play against the same players, summer ball, etc., the more comfortable you are playing against opponents. Hoover has historically had a strong program and lost some really tight games to Jackson during...
  2. N

Monday May 20th Scores

Olentangy Orange 4 Big Walnut 3
  3. N

Would think Jackson has a chance to get to Final 4. Baseball tourney is really unpredictable. One game anything can happen. Best team doesn’t always advance. I don’t see anyone beating Moeller though. Too much overall talent, especially pitching.
  4. N

D1: Central District: Pre-Season Top 25

Top 5 seeds are: 1. Berlin 2. Grove City 3. Orange 4. Pick Central 5. Mt. Vernon Entire brackets at ohsaa.org
  5. N

Agreed. Baseball is unlike any other sport. Bats go cold for a week and you can lose 3 or 4 in a row without trying.
  6. N

Yes, Hoover won last night 5-4.
  7. N

Wednesday, March 13 Final Scores

D1 Olentangy Orange 50 Newark 42
  8. N

Federal League 2023-2024

Hoover is stringing together some nice wins.
  9. N

DII Massillon vs Hoban Updates (11/30/23)

Probably Mike Breckenridge on play by play. Good guy and 1985 Hoover grad
  10. N

Central Ohio Job Openings

I would imagine there would be significant interest in the Orange job from throughout Central Ohio and the State. They should focus on someone with previous head coaching experience. I like the hire Olentangy made in Bartholomew as an example. A coach who has been successful at a smaller...
  11. N

4-1 McKinley Vs 3-2 Hoover

Entertaining game. Mason Ashby is certainly an exciting player to watch for Hoover. He is electric any time he touches the ball.
  12. N

A Time To Die: The OCC (Ohio Capital Conference)

There have past rumblings that the Olentangy schools, Dublin Schools, New Albany, and potentially the Westervilles would pull out and form their own league. The league is too large to effectively manage any longer.
  13. N

Olentangy Liberty HC Search

Hale was a fantastic high school coach. He really built a nice program. I agree there will be a ton of interest in this job. Great school district and administration is very supportive of athletics and loyal to coaches.
  14. N

Dublin Coffman 2022

Hale was the epitome of a great high school coach. His teams were so well-coached and he was not afraid to play anyone. Liberty consistently beat teams with more talent. Tough act to follow but I bet there will be a ton of applicants.
  15. N

Hall of Famer Brian Cross named head coach at Teays Valley

Coach Cross is very good at developing players and he is very good at game planning. He really does love coaching and while he is tough, he is extremely consistent and fair with players. The light usually comes on with players when they are Seniors what he is really teaching which are life...
  16. N

Brian Cross hired as new head coach at Teays Valley

Join OCC in 2024.
  17. N

Brian Cross hired as new head coach at Teays Valley

Read that Brian Cross was hired as new head coach at Teays Valley. Like Coach Cross but definitely an interesting choice.
  18. N

Troy Davis out as Louisville Leopards Head Coach

Interesting that Brian Cross who was mentioned earlier took another head coaching job at Teays Valley. Teays is a Division II school just south of Columbus.
  19. N

Federal League Football 2023

Hoover will definitely be fun to watch offensively with a nice QB and 2 nice receivers. If they improve on the defensive side of the ball, they should be a contender.
  20. N

Troy Davis out as Louisville Leopards Head Coach

My son played for Brian and I really like him. He is straight forward, no nonsense, and a good teacher of old school, physical football. He would also not need a teaching position. That being said, his age doesn’t lend to building a long term program. He is also a wing-T coach which would I...