Search results

1. H

Club 2022-2023

What ever you obviously are an arm chair spectator who needs to learn a bit about teams. Come to some club and high events and see what having the same players year after year really means.
  2. H

Club 2022-2023

What a short sided comment you have, keeping the same boys together as they move up in age is the best way to get very competitive it's still a solid way to get better as a team matures. Yes you will lose some and add some, but overall the core of the team is there. And you have to compare...
  3. H

Club 2022-2023

I am saying on the same team not just at the same club or same level. Yes those have been players that have played at the club in previous years, but not on the same team together. So last yeas black 17 is not the same players as this years as they all didn't move black to black. Yes playing...
  4. H

Club 2022-2023

True they do, but it works in the girls volleyball area. Plus it works in baseball and basketball around here as well. I am saying that you will lose some and pick some up, but the core of the team stays intact. Normally, when you are playing at this level you are better than just playing a...
  5. H

Club 2022-2023

Solid reasoning for keeping the same boys on the same teams year after year like the girls...Attack 15 has had most of these boys together for the 3rd straight year. Just my opinion but I think it needs to be at least thought about instead of new boys every year...
  6. H

Hot Takes/Bold Predictions for upcoming season

I agree it's not too normal to run a 6-2 as most of the setters are different styles...Marcum and Yox are the closest in styles in my opinion to run a 6-2 efficiently...
  7. H

No other reason to take 2 setters per team (speaking from previous Attack history) seems to be their direction.
  8. H

I totally agree with you on that...a 6-2 is always going to have a strong and weak setter combo which isn't the best option (in my opinion) as the weak setter can't play at the level nor maybe mentally can't play as they feel secondary to setter 1. Severson had the right direction in the match...
  9. H

I see the problems with both X and Elder as being able to gel as a team. Moe is always able to get the boys to gel (somehow someway) and that's what gives them the grit to pull out wins...especially during tournament time. Don't get me wrong both teams have a ton of talent, but you have to...
  10. H

Club 2022-2023

McAneny could help at L as well...atleast give some support. True Blomer is by choice which I totally get.
  11. H

Club 2022-2023

I agree, but remember that Attack has been around the longest for boys and a ton of the coaches have played there so that's where they want to coach. OP needs to attract talented coaches and do more skills training (in my opinion) to help show that they can compete with Attack. NO club has the...
  12. H

Club 2022-2023

True...you see it and it's like man it's a team sport and you're pretty good if not great if you could just learn to be a better teammate...
  13. H

Club 2022-2023

There are some (a choice 1-3) that think they are better than everyone else but in reality they are good to great just need to check the humility button when they enter the building and bring the team up not just themselves (or so they think).
  14. H

Club 2022-2023

I totally agree, the numbers are not there for the D1 colleges to look at Ohio, but they will come once volleyball becomes more main stream in 10 years...Just no money in it and that's what drives most.
  15. H

Club 2022-2023

What I meant by true All-Americans is the fact that most athletes don't play volleyball (unfortunately) but rather play in more noticed sports. It is coming together finally, look at the soccer in this area or lacrosse it took years to be competitive at the national level. More programs and...
  16. H

Club 2022-2023

I said compete not beat...I do realize that D-1/2 signees come out the west but at least here in Cincy they could compete. Unlike now when they are getting their butts kicked, All- Americans are not that plentiful it's just the athlete. They don't have full rosters of those All-Americans, most...
  17. H

Club 2022-2023

Agreed, but if you combine 3 top from each school and have them as a team and not as individuals, you might be surprised. The only difference is that out west they play year around on the same teams (including high school) so the water down effect that we have here is going to hurt us...
  18. H

Club 2022-2023

A2 will only gain out of Columbus, the Dayton (West) isn't going to offer anything as they don't put effort into that area for some reason. OP will not compete at the upper ages due to lack of solid coaching...Attack needs to realize that the boys needs to be a team (family) to compete more...