Search results

1. D

Nationals - Quick Wrap-Up

Thank you! Our girls ran 11:57 at Nationals last year with a 67 quarter leg! Missed All-American by a second or so.. (Ouch)…In defense of the girl who ran the 400 leg, she volunteered to run when none of our quarter-milers could go. Without her, we wouldn’t have gone. She had been running the...
  2. D

Javman…do you have any data on the DMR?
  3. D

Awesome. I guess I just haven’t been paying attention over the last few months, but did you put out an Ohio boys All-Time record list like you did for girls? Same for individual events as you did for girls?
  4. D

Never mind Javman…I just saw your updated all-time lists. It appears for a straight 4 x 1600 (not a 4 x mile converted) Turpin does indeed have the record.
  5. D

So Javman…does it look like the 20:44 run by Turpin in 2003 is the Ohio girls record for 4 x 1600?
  6. D

What is the fastest mile ever run on Ohio soil on an outdoor track for women?

Leah O’Connor (Michigan State) has the All-Time Ohio “indoor” soil record at 4:32.71 set at Spire at the 2015 Big Ten Indoor Championships. And for an outdoor certified road mile, Josette Norris ran 4:19.66 at last year’s Guardian Mile in Cleveland over the Hope Memorial Bridge. So I know the...
  7. D

What is the fastest mile ever run on Ohio soil on an outdoor track for women?

Fastest mile on an outdoor track. not 1500 or 1600. For women. Any level…HS or college or pro…whichever is fastest ever on our soil. Although if someone knows 1600 fastest, that may be helpful.
  8. D

I know. Metronome is a good word to describe 7 of the 8 laps being 76 and the other one something like 75.8!
  9. D

Olmsted Falls girls had a very successful NB National Meet…they ran a 4 x mile relay, a DMR, and Katie Clute in the 2 mile. On Thursday their 4 x mile unit of Sam Goodnough, Aubrey Prada, Rachel Delap, and Katie Clute ran to an All-American 5th place finish. They clocked 21:03.15 for the 4...
  10. D

Meet the NEW 2-Mile Queen - KATIE CLUTE - 10:09.97 @ New Balance

Thanks Javman. I remember incredible performances by distance runners like Brannon Kidder, Ron Addison, Bob Benz, John Zishka, Ricky Pittman, and a whole host of boys and girls distance runners, sprinters and field eventers that, without people like you and Craig Whitmore would see their...
  11. D

Super Shoes

When I ran for Cleveland John Marshall in the early 70’s, my coach, Dick Emery, called me over after a hard repeat 440’s workout. He said “Lemme see those spikes.” I had just gotten a pair of adidas Comets. White with 3 blue stripes. Hard as a rock. After checking them out he said, “Boy, if they...
  12. D

Ohio Girls' - All-Time Outdoor 3200m Top 30 with 2-miles combined

JAVMAN...I should have posted under this thread, but look at the thread I just created and posted regarding the girls 3200 at the Amherst Regional. I'd love your take on if there was any historical significance here. Thank you.
  13. D

Epic Duel and double(s) in girls 3200 at Amherst Regional.

Last night in the Amherst Regional, we witnessed, possibly, one of the greatest 3200 races in Ohio girls history. JAVMAN, you'll have to chime in on this. Maybe this isn't as epic as I think, but I'm pretty confident it was. Julia Isham from Strongsville upset two of Ohio's biggest names in the...