Search results

1. cpagan42

23/24 CHL Baseball thread

i am friends with his dad on social media, and he posted a picture of DD in a sling. a disappointment for DD, IH, and the CHL, as he throws smoke and is more talented at baseball than any other sport. i wish him the best in his recovery!
  2. cpagan42

CHL 23-24

alter was clearly better. shot the lights out. and alter had no fouls until the 4th q, which was interesting. none.
  3. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

i would never bet against the cowboys; but i also thought it was the most challenging out-of-conference schedule in some time. no one foresaw monroe's injuries, and i think (but don't know) that ross was hampered by the levy failure and pay-to-play for football.
  4. cpagan42

CHL 23-24

a rematch of the football regional final.
  5. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

wyoming played 2 D2 teams and a D4 taft team that was in the running for the region and has multiple players playing in college. not a cupcake schedule at all.
  6. cpagan42

DIV State Semifinal: Steubenville vs. Kettering Alter

mcnick is young and came close to bearing massie in playoffs.
  7. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

rodenberg was terrific and deserving; quaid was a 4 year defensive starter on some very good defenses (he had 13 tackles as a *freshman* in the regional finals v. massie); and i saw maderia v. wyoming and PB was really, really good in that game. all reasonable picks. my only surprise was that...
  8. cpagan42

Clinton-Massie Analysis

CM had a terribly difficult schedule in 2020, the year before their state title, played wyoming in the regional final, and lost because a. they were beat up and b. wyoming played a perfect game. so playing a soft schedule is no guarantee of anything, and injuries are real risk for small-school...
  9. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

wyoming has struggled against the pass. run D is solid. so a decent matchup here. i think joel hancock can match meeks, so it will be close.
  10. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

wyoming played madeira without joel hancock. so a healthy wyo would have played madeira about the same as shawnee. i agree, should be a good game.
  11. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

this is ridiculous. ross is d2 and monroe is d3. when scheduled, no one could forecast their injuries or performance. wyo scheduled bigger, local team for nonconference, not teams they could beat. if they wanted teams to beat, they would play d4 *and below* nonconference games.
  12. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

i think they had 45 in the program this year. that number is down from the past. last year's seniors had 21.
  13. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

joel hancock returns to the cowboys this week. their offense missed him a ton. it will be a different cowboys team with him at RB.
  14. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

wow! congratulations to finneytown! those kids have to be elated.
  15. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

this is possible because reading is good. but this message board has predicted a wyoming loss for the last 3 weeks. at some point, joel hancock returns for the cowboys, who was my pick for POY before he broke his elbow week 1. but whatever happens, its nice to have a competitive CHL with some...
  16. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

if my kid mentioned a school he was interested in, aaron would get them the film that day. no kids find trouble in the summer because they are too busy, and exhausted, by the football schedule. the kids are accountable and turn into good adults. i am proud of aaron, he has helped my family...
  17. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

18. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

18 points in the 3 weeks is 6 points a game. and those games were against a d2 team and two d3 teams. wyo's offense will be much, much better when joel hancock returns in a few weeks.
  19. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

i don't think madeira will score. wyoming by 17.
  20. cpagan42

CHL Football 23

that player lived in hartwell or carthage, but played for years for wyoming youth football. i wish he went to wyo, he was a great player, great kid.