Search results

1. H

June Ball

Ohio State Shootout Thursday. Who's going?
  2. H

Veteran Findlay Boys Basketball Coach To Retire

Nobody in Findlay until a few days ago....
  3. H

Yes, Gross is the selection, and every indication is he will accept the position. I'll bet nobody at FHS thought the road would be this long and challenging. Hope things go well for him and the Trojans.
  4. H

I consider June to be possibly the most important month of the year for a high school coach and program. Workouts, weight room, practices and shootouts. You encourage players to work hard and recognize what they need to do to get better and play. You can build a team's chemistry. The coach...
  5. H

Reliably, a number of us know the current varsity coaches at Marietta, Reynoldsburg, Shelby and Oak Harbor have been offered. I candidly don't know what they are doing/can do now. Recent indications are no one else has been offered or is considering as of the middle of this week.
  6. H

As of two days ago, definitely not.
  7. H

Coaches from Marietta and Reynoldsburg. Not certain if Reynoldsburg offered but considered strongly early on.
  8. H

And for sure one other coach (first choice) and maybe one other as well. I've never quite seen anything like this.
  9. H

1. The district is in some level of financial difficulty. 2. The next couple of years appear to be really challenging for the basketball program, with the top 7 or 8 players all graduating or not otherwise expected to play. FHS completely not used to that. Both of those things a candidate...
  10. H

If not Roth, is it possible Rucki will be invited back? And would he accept it? I know it sounds strange but that's what this has become.
  11. H

I'm sure he isn't happy with the process. Three others offered and they turned it down. At least he knows the school and the program very well, so he knows what the pros and cons would be for him. Really not a basketball great post-season in the Flag City.
  12. H

I expect Roth to take it if he's next, but that doesn't mean he's been the only serious candidate. The coach in a way "interviews" the school or learns about the school and the dynamics of the program. Sometimes when you learn more you decide it's not the right fit. But I'd say it is highly...
  13. H

It appears Sweet has a couple of days to provide FHS with an answer on the offer. If he declines it appears he would be the third to do so. They've had a great, long run of success but things may be different in the near future.
  14. H

Do Conferences Even Matter Anymore With New Divisions

I suppose I'll be in the minority here, but except for handful of schools, the league race and records are more important than the post-season tournament. Unless you're getting past the district, how much more important is winning one more game than winning or league or posting a strong winning...
  15. H

Yes, most people know that, but that was 2-3 weeks ago. I expected someone to accept by the end of this week, which is now today.
  16. H

Divisional placements and Regional Assignments to be released today for Boys Hoops

Cannot locate this info on the OHSAA website, and don't yet see a published press release. Can someone provide this?
  17. H

Sounds like you probably know about the Findlay delay, and who the leading candidate was.
  18. H

Western Buckeye League

Are we down to two WBL schools without a head coach vacancy filled? Kenton and Elida? Any updates on what is being heard out there?
  19. H

Coaching Changes

So did they fire/ non-renew him?