Search results

1. eaglesfan216

Cleveland Guardians

Went down to the game tonight and had a blast. I got the ballpark pass again this year with a couple coworkers and haven't been using it as much this year. Went 26 times last year, a lot just stop ins after work and staying if the game was good. What a game. I was talking to a Mets fan tonight...
  2. eaglesfan216

Cleveland Browns 2024 Edition

All Watson really needs to do is return to his 2020 form in some way. Last years Browns showed for the first time since the team came back that they can consistently win games they had no business winning (examples: SF, @Indy, @bal, PIT, CHI). Those were 5 games the Browns arguably should have...
  3. eaglesfan216

Agreed. Injuries wreck at least a handful of teams every year, and even without injuries the preseason power rankings rarely ever show anything other than where teams stood last year. Will some predictions come true? Certainly. But I’ve learned that I would never bet on any of my predictions...
  4. eaglesfan216

We do play them a lot, and you're right. 11 times since 1999, 7 of those on the road. Anyone ever gone to a game in New Orleans? I like to go to one road game a year with my roommates from college. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it, though I have noticed the guys that are like us seem...
  5. eaglesfan216

2024 St. Edward Football

Some good news, new scoreboard at Lakewood, long overdue: https://www.cleveland.com/community/2024/05/lakewood-city-schools-adding-new-first-federal-lakewood-stadium-scoreboard.html
  6. eaglesfan216

2024 St. Edward Football

For a few years the Eds-Glenville game was week 1. I remember the game at Browns stadium in 2011 very well, overtime thriller. It was pretty sloppy football from both teams. Probably better that it's week 6. Both teams will be in rhythm by then.
  7. eaglesfan216

2024 St. Edward Football

I don't think anyone knows at this point. At least not any of us on Yappi. Maybe Lakewood with Ignatius as the home team? I honestly think that's a possibility at this point. Unless Ignatius makes Euclid their home stadium which makes no sense to me.
  8. eaglesfan216

This is a problem

Ohio is the 7th most populated state and is in a four way tie for 7th on most players drafted. That would mean by the pure numbers we are doing just about where we should. If this is an embarrassment for a state it should be Virginia. Oklahoma and Iowa had more draftees than Virginia, a state...
  9. eaglesfan216

2024 St. Ignatius Football

Teams probably scared by his lack of top level athleticism, but he played Big Ten football and played it well. Will be interesting to watch him at the next level.
  10. eaglesfan216

If Friday is still in the mix I don't see how this goes other than playing at a handful of "home" stadiums throughout the year. Wasmer, Byers, Fairview, Euclid, Lakewood even? It's very bizarre how it's playing out.
  11. eaglesfan216

Good news for you guys getting Restifo back even if it isn't in a big position. A lot of frustration I heard from my Wildcat friends over the past couple years involved not having someone like Restifo out there developing QBs, like 97 said.
  12. eaglesfan216

Tend to agree with Tom here. The big money will show up with a new domed facility.
  13. eaglesfan216

Absolutely agree. I don't even think it's close, high school football is by far the best value. Though it's probably easy to say that as an Eds guy right now. :) I'll most likely keep the tickets until they leave the lakefront because they were handed down to me about 10 years ago right as we...
  14. eaglesfan216

Browns called today, 2500 wasn't enough for 2 tickets in the Dawg Pound for this year. Looks like I owe them another 600 bucks. 155 a game for each ticket, including the two lousy preseason games. Just doing some research, in 2007 the same tickets were 40 bucks a piece. Accounting for the...
  15. eaglesfan216

They must really see something that the average fan (and the Denver Broncos) don't. Worried this turns into Dwayne Bowe 2.0.
  16. eaglesfan216

I didn't mean for that comment to get some traction, just an attempt at a joke about Jameis' ability to throw picks. I think Jameis is a hilarious player full of personality. He's the definition of a gunslinger. Does he have a perfect character record? No. Do I care? No. I would've rather had...
  17. eaglesfan216

I don't dislike the Jeudy trade, I hate the fan response to it on more popular platforms. You'd think Jeudy was a pro-bowl receiver that we stole from Denver by the response on Twitter/Reddit. Now, why I don't dislike it. Guy clearly has plenty of upside and may benefit from a change of...
  18. eaglesfan216

True. I actually don't mind the signing. He can sling it if needed. I was just being a negative Browns fan as always.
  19. eaglesfan216

I can almost feel it. It's December, we're 9-7. Watson has been in and out all year. Wild card birth on the line in Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Cincy, Jameis comes in and throws 6 picks in a blowout loss.
  20. eaglesfan216

2023-2024 St. Ignatius hockey

Cats need this period to end...fast.