Search results

1. B

Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2024

Work ethic is a A+ and going to school to be a Dr. Exactly the kind of guy who goes from walk on to a role.
  2. B

Yeah, Riley and Tavien shared the QB job in 2021. By the end of the year, Tavien took over and Riley moved to RB/WR. Had a nice Jr. year then exploded as a Senior. Now heading off to Ohio U. I'd bet money he finds his way onto the field at some point.
  3. B

And keep in mind Neer was a move in from Ben Logan in the 8th grade. Timing worked out for his family, as they were changing houses anyway and Ben Logan was a train wreck with that football class plus our '24 class was stacked.
  4. B

I'm not sure that we are hated at all other than just typical petty feelings........ To answer your question, transferring schools is a big deal. Many families are invested in the school system beyond football. Multiple generations of families in various positions make breaking that...
  5. B

I'm not an "anti-private school guy" but it is certainly the #1 advantage you have over most public schools. Our best players are similar and we even get a transfer here and there to help, but the guys 14th-25th on the roster are usually the difference. It's what allows you to two platoon...
  6. B

Didn’t realize you were judging me so no apology necessary……It’s pretty simple, I’ve coached my fair share of football, now I’m running a flag football league for the Chiefs and my 6 year old son. I’ve spent a lot of years giving my time to other peoples kids………Today, I served as the “bench...
  7. B

Centervilles Braylon Newcomb moved into the district a couple months ago. He was the Elks offensive player of the year last year. Dynamic athlete who can catch and carry the ball. Will be interesting to see how he affects the team on both sides of the ball.
  8. B

Upcoming 7on7s in Ohio

Bellefontaine High School Friday July 20th at 10:00 AM BHS, Ashland, Lakota East, Kenton, Wapakoneta, Marysville
  9. B

Love Split Zone. Great way to get chunk yards if you got a guy that likes to find that cut back. Not to mention it keeps people a little more honest with #s.
  10. B

He's a stud. Will make a huge impact on the team and league for sure.
  11. B

I sympathize with the unique challenges facing the city leagues and God bless the folks that give their life to that mission but other than an occasional situation (Earl White at Thurgood), I just don’t like going down that path. Not saying it’s bad for some programs but it’s tough.
  12. B

Versailles Hall Of Fame Football Coach Passes Away

That's great. I have a really similar story regarding long time Versailles wrestling coach Bill Roll. Coach Roll was also a larger than life figure to me in the 90s. It's weird but Versailles was my "favorite school" besides my own school. We shared colors and a mascot. Not to mention I...
  13. B

I like it, now you gotta convince team 1 to go for it!
  14. B

Cal Preps has St Edward only an 8 point favorite vs Marion Local in a hypothetical 2023 game. Just an incredible thought. Almost a case study in leadership, culture, work ethic, family, etc. It fascinates me.
  15. B

Scheduling for football is intriguing because everyone has their own way of doing it. For me personally, the change to 16 teams simplified the process. Lots of flexibility compared to the old days of trying to find a team to help you get in. So now the question is tiered…. 1. Can we be...
  16. B

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

One of the Greatest to ever do it. I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon with Coach Hetrick in the basement of the Thirsty Scholar during the state Football finals quite a few years ago. Was an honor to be in his presence.
  17. B

You might have summed up why most don’t want to play the MAC. Wapak had the balls to take on Marion Local. (Make no mistake, throw divisions out the window, Marion Local is a top 20 program in the state. Elite.). Rather than say, “hey that’s cool they signed up”, they are mocked for not...
  18. B

The computer likes Wapak as the top team last year. I’d guess it loves how close they came to beating the Marion Local machine. Coach Moyer thinks he’s got a good team coming back. Will be Interesting
  19. B

Certainly not the best metric but in the absence of knowing who lost what in the region, it’s all I’d have to go off of.
  20. B

Drew Pasteur Ratings for region in 2023 Wapak 26 Region 12 Watterson 34 Region 11 London 53 Region 12 Hartley 56 Region 11 Steubenville 72 Region 11 Celina 75 Region 12 Bloom Carroll 82 Region 11 Bellefontaine 85 Region 12 Bellbrook 95 Region 12 That’s the top 100 teams. Might have missed...