Search results

1. Y

CHL 23-24

Caldwell not exactly the type to stick around in one spot for his teaching/coaching career. He's taught and/or coached at Colerain, Forest Hills, Milford, Batavia, Glen Este/West Clermont, McNick. Not to mention, he loses what he called preseason the "best team he's ever had". Maybe he feels...
  2. Y

23/24 CHL Baseball thread

I see Indian Hill has played a few games in Florida. Also noticed Devlan Daniel not in the box scores. Anyone know why?
  3. Y

CHL 23-24

Hearing that Caldwell is a finalist for the Seton head coaching job. Would be a big change for Mariemont, he's done a good job there.
  4. Y

CHL 23-24

He literally led with "Alter was clearly better", followed by an observation of the foul count. 🤷‍♂️ As someone who has no rooting interest in this game, 3 personal fouls in an entire game does seem pretty wild. And one of those was an intentional foul at the end of the 3rd quarter if I recall...
  5. Y

CHL 23-24

While I think this is mostly a fair way to describe the team, they also have some talent on that team. Sam Stalzer is one of the best players in the CHL and just a sophomore. That being said, Mariemont will lose quite a bit of talent this year (5 of their top 6 scorers) so they may take a step...
  6. Y

Harrison HS QB/Wrestler arrested charged with felonious assault

I can go ahead and tell you - this is the reason this kid is the way he is.
  7. Y

CHL 2023/2024 Season Preview

Yeah I don’t think the transfer is a problem, just saying that’s why they are better than last year.
  8. Y

CHL 2023/2024 Season Preview

Mostly due to Lila Svendsen, a transfer from Summit.
  9. Y

CHL 23-24

Halfway through conference play - On the offensive end, Wyoming, Mariemont, Indian Hill and Taylor seem to be in the top tier. While each team does it differently, they are able to score mid-50s consistently. The big difference right now is Wyoming's defense. Most of the conversation around...
  10. Y

Halfway through the season what do you think of the new free throw rule?

I hear this argument a lot and I've always wondered - why do we want to make it easier for teams to come back late in games? If I had it my way, 1 and 1 free throws wouldn't exist at any level of basketball. As of now, I think college basketball is the only level still doing it.
  11. Y

CHL 23-24

Interesting release of MaxPreps RPI rankings for the CHL - Div II SW 1. Wyoming 8. Indian Hill 10. Taylor 12. Reading Div III SW 2. Mariemont 11. Finneytown 17. Madeira 18. Deer Park
  12. Y

CHL 23-24

End of the 2nd quarter was huge. It was 20-6 with 3:00 minutes left in the half. Mariemont hit 4 straight threes and made it 20-18 going into half. Mariemont led by 4 going into 4th quarter and eventually pushed it to a 10 point lead behind Socko Stalzer hot hand. Lead stayed around 10 for the...
  13. Y

CHL 23-24

55-48 Mariemont
  14. Y

CHL 23-24

Dang, some of you are like children on here. One new guy posts and we're attacking sentence structure and creating conspiracies? Sheesh. I think Wyoming will be fine. They have the most talented players in the CHL most likely, but as I've said before, don't underestimate the loss of Grayson...
  15. Y

CHL 23-24

Indian Hill's guards are not as good as Wyoming's guards, specifically Kellen Wiley. Wiley's going to be the best player in the CHL this year. That being said, Wyoming can't underestimate the loss of Grayson and Svendsen.
  16. Y

CHL Football 23

No real surprises Week 11, other than maybe the margin of defeat for Madeira. I think the CHL season is done after Week 12 though.
  17. Y

CHL Football 23

Looking at the stats... Did Taylor really not rush the ball once against Indian Hill? I see that they threw it 55 times, which explains the 350 passing yards.
  18. Y

CHL Football 23

Thoughts at the end of the regular season.... Indian Hill exceeded my expectations. I tend to think that's more due to the emergence of Devlan Daniel than Rodenberg coaching, but I suppose it's due to both. Interesting to see how next year goes after they lose their 4 best receivers and...
  19. Y

CHL Football 23

Great predictions outside of Deer Park.