Search results

1. P

Ask The Ump?

This play occurs at first base where it is a "double base". One base is in fair play, the other in foul territory. 1st and 2nd, 2 outs. A slow dribbler clearly in foul ground hits the bag that's in foul ground. The base umpire throws his hands up calling foul ball. During the action the...
  2. P

Flopping Addressed in 2024-25 High School Basketball Rules Changes

I can already see the defensive officials throwing out the "flopping" accusation, every time they miss a block/charge call from now on.
  3. P

Western Buckeye League

I've heard this position isn't really open, as the plan has been in place for sometime for an assistant to take over.
  4. P

Favorite Gyms in the Midwest Athletic Conference and Western Buckeye League.

In the MAC, I would say the favorite is The Palace. It's spacious, yet the court is always in great shape. Plus, I'm biased in that's where Parkway won it's sectional title in 2020. I would say Elida is my favorite WBL gym.
  5. P

MAC

Minster Coldwater Marion Local St Johns St Henry Versailles New Bremen Parkway New Knoxville Fort Recovery
  6. P

A look back...2020 the yr Parkway was stopped by the OHSAA and COVID from a possible trip to the state finals

Every team is going to think they had it worse but I can tell you that if you aren't from the area, it's hard to understand how rare of an opportunity was taken from a community. Parkway had never played in a district final, let alone win one. It was their highest finish in the MAC (2nd), & most...
  7. P

MAC

Throw the records out, this should be a good one. If ML is able to slow the game down, I like their chances. ML seems like a team that is peaking and I'll take them in a big upset, 41-38.
  8. P

NW District: first time higher seed hosting. Your thoughts.

That's really surprising. I can see it from Minster as their basketball attendance has always been lacking. ML not filling up their side is the surprising part of that.
  9. P

NW District: first time higher seed hosting. Your thoughts.

Parkway hosted a sectional semi and then traveled to Ottoville for the final. Parkway sat up the gym differently in order to have the 50/50 seating split. I'm not sure it was necessary to do all of that. There were plenty of seats. I didn't make it to Ottoville but was told by numerous folks...
  10. P

MAC

Still in shock what the Panthers pulled off last night. They were down 9 with just over 4 minutes left. Some timely shots by some unlikely contributors paved the way. The #1 defense in the MAC stood tall in the end. Now a trip to Ottoville awaits where they will have their hands full. Parkway...
  11. P

Division 4 - Northwest Districts

Much has changed since the draw was announced. I thought Parkway had an outside shot at playing PG and giving them all they can handle, however I'm not so sure anymore. Injuries and they picked a really bad time to play the way they did in the 2nd half Friday night vs New Knoxville. It doesn't...
  12. P

MAC

When the draw came out, I thought Parkway had a good shot at knocking off Ottoville and competing with Pandora to get a rematch with St Johns. Since the draw Parkway has been decimated with key injuries & they played their worst half of basketball Friday night vs New Knoxville. They led the game...
  13. P

When you're in the spot New Bremen was in, the last thing you're thinking about is your path to a district championship. Your first thoughts are how can we turn this season into a sectional title? There is 0 difference in playing LCC in the semi or final to these teams. How can we turn a sub...
  14. P

That was a brilliant move by Bremen. They will be favored heavily in both games. They had to of been shocked Marion didn't jump at USV. However, Marion is set to get revenge on a 4th quarter collapse against Minster. I would say Marion had that line circled regardless of what New Bremen did...
  15. P

I've always been curious on the higher seeds electing to skip the bye line and play right away. Traditionally in Northwest Ohio, teams don't do that. If you look into the Super Sectionals in the Shelby County/Dayton area, they routinely play right away skipping the bye line. I just noticed that...
  16. P

St Johns is definitely a heavy favorite in the Elida district. Saying that, this is about as good of a district as there is. A potential DSJ vs Crestview district Semi. Crestview closes out the season with Lincolnview and Leipsic so they have a chance to right their ship at the right time. Their...
  17. P

MAC

They have 9 losses but take a look at their losses: St Mary's (10-5) Anna - 10-7 St Henry (2x) 12-3 Botkins - 13-3 Tri Village - 15-1 New Bremen - 5-10, Look at their losses as well Jackson Center - 10-8 Minster - 10-6 and had just won 6 in a row prior They're still a scary match up for...
  18. P

Halfway through the season what do you think of the new free throw rule?

I don't mind the rule but feel that it's taking the officials time to get used to different strategies late in quarters. If a team only has 1 or 2 fouls late in the quarter with several minutes left, they're being told to be very aggressive, but not foul intentionally. It seems teams are getting...
  19. P

MAC

It feels like every game the Jays play recently is considered a big game. That trend doesn't stop tonight with a trip to Rockford to take on Parkway. Should be a heck of a Tuesday night match up.
  20. P

MAC

Parkway has played well at times this year. If there is a stat for quality losses, they're near the top. They lost to a regional final team who has everyone back this year in Wayne Trace where it was tied with 3 minutes to go. They went on the road in a tough place to play in Crestview, where it...