Search results

1. I

Strongsville's Lou Cirino is Out

It says more about how low the program is at this moment than ow qualified he is but hey, who cares. Its not like ?Strongsville is anywhere close to the level they used to be and will be lucky to get back to .500 and then get drilled in first round of grossly expanded d-1 playoff. If that's what...
  2. I

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

They should have kept the school open even if they had to rebuild it like east.
  3. I

How crazy is it that Rayen was opened in 1800's and played football in 1900. Hard to believe they ever let that school close with that history.
  4. I

What a crazy 2 year difference for east in these two years. 1954 0-9-1 Pete Lanzi 1955 9-0
  5. I

Average Tenure of Head Football Coach

In order to get tenure and job security from RIFS is to get masters. If you don't, teachers with less years can bump you.
  6. I

Lorain to the GCC this winter???

You are right . They will be facing a much tougher task to get win playing Mentor, Medina and company. Good luck to the titans.
  7. I

Lorain to the GCC this winter???

You have to love the conference carousel that happens every couple of years. Teams try to make their life easier in football and drop out to join easier ones. Another reason they leave is a team or two become much smaller then the rest of the conference in enrollment and have to leave. The worst...
  8. I

Glenville

Cheaters got to cheat. Glenville would never have won d-1 with the horrible coaching of Ginn. Great recruiter AKA Cheater but lousy coach
  9. I

URSULINE & MOONEY PROJECTIONS/DISCUSSIONS 2024

The current state of Ursuline is very optimistic. The story is not the same with Mooney who has its own issues to deal with from the state of the football program to the war zone the school is located in. It has lost alot of the luster it had back in the day. The idea of combining is coming from...
  10. I

Massillon Washington (7-0) at Austintown Fitch (4-2)

The program is great at collecting talent but the talent does not come together as a team. Maybe more leadership activities or team bonding but the talent level does not match the results is what I am saying. No way that PA team should have run all over the defense or Walsh treat the Falcons...
  11. I

Ursuline used to be much bigger and could hold Mooney easily.
  12. I

Ursulines success in football is helping with the enrollment. Mooney on the other hand seems to struggling with success on the field and enrollment. Playing at Mineral ridge was embarrassing . The 2 probably should have combined a few years ago. Either that or Mooney should have left the war...
  13. I

Do I expect Fitch to beat Massillon or Hoban...no. Does playing one of them in regular season show them where they need to or want to go...yes. My complaint is when they play a real team, the defense get shredded. Does the offense struggle too....yes. With the talent available for Fitch, they...
  14. I

Austintown Fitch has been loaded with talent the last 3 years and underachieved. The defense is horrible anytime they play someone with a pulse. They gave up an average of 40 plus against Walsh who is solid but no Hoban, Some PA team I never heard of is still scoring as we speak running some...
  15. I

2024 VASJ Vikings Football **Official Thread**

St Joes was irrelevant for years and now they are solid again so I would take the bad with the good coach brings.
  16. I

Questions About Sports Field Construction & Management Needs

It can be done with grass field but need a solid groundskeeper type person who is on it an knows what needs to be done. Also, one crazy rain game can destroy even the best fields when the entire game is played on one side of the fields. It is easier to use turf when you have 2 soccer teams using...
  17. I

NE8 2024

Dont forget the d-1 schools had to try to beat the 7 county all star teams from eds and iggy's forever too. Or the 3 state super teams Moeller had during the Faust era. Reason CB should be according to success and not transfer bs.
  18. I

NE8 2024

I also posted a lot on GLenville's open enrollment policy and GINN Academy d-4 status gaming of the system where they, Toledo Whitner and others abuse open enrollment.
  19. I

NE8 2024

I have mentioned numerous times that open enrollment is lumped in with privates that recruit. Harding has gotten many transfers over the years including Clarett from Fitch who got him from Wilson. Both recruited him. Fitch went to full open enrollment and raided the city schools of football...
  20. I

NE8 2024

The lines of Struthers should carry them to a conference championship and a lot of experience coming back.