Search results

1. B

2024 Inter-Valley Conference Schedules and Discussion

TV officially hired Jeremy Taylor last night at the BOE meeting. No idea on the assistants.
  2. B

He was a defensive coordinator at his previous school.
  3. B

Yep. TV doesn't really announce the hiring of coaches though. I'm sure at some point a media outlet (probably WTUZ) will reach out to TV for a comment but TV themselves isn't going to make a big deal of it
  4. B

It will be made official at the May board meeting. Tusky Valley isn't going to publicly announce the hiring but the new coach did meet with players. Job #1 is to put together a great staff. Hopefully it works out. Every school benefits from a good football program.
  5. B

IVC 23-24

How many players from hoops play on the baseball team?
  6. B

IVC 23-24

Their coach said they would like the opportunity to play in DI next year
  7. B

IVC 23-24

No. I'm asking why we would say an IVC team could never win a championship under the current system. Other small, rural public schools with competitive balance numbers at or near zero do it so why can't IVC schools?
  8. B

IVC 23-24

That's a great thing for the IVC and the area.
  9. B

IVC 23-24

Here are the CB numbers for teams that won the IVC titles in football and basketball this year Garaway - 31 Malvern - 23 Indian Valley - 12 Hiland - 11
  10. B

IVC 23-24

There are plenty of public schools that win state titles in football and basketball. If they can do it why can't schools from the IVC?
  11. B

Lake Levy Vote March 19

I often wonder what percentage of people pay any attention at all to the academic rankings of a school when purchasing a home. I don't think it's as high as we would think.
  12. B

2024 Louisville Leopards Football

I do not. He will be a teacher at Louisville and not in admin. I do not know what his role on the staff will be.
  13. B

OHSAA released their preliminary 2024-2025 & 2025-2026 enrollment numbers. Here are the boys - girls numbers. Indian Valley - 234 - 190 Claymont - 198 - 164 Sandy Valley - 167- 154 Tusky Valley - 160 - 159 Ridgewood - 142 - 132 Garaway - 139 - 107 Hiland - 110 - 91 Buckeye Trail - 126 - 111...
  14. B

No real update other than there is definitely some solid interest in the job. Hopefully there will be a few qualified candidates who match up with the job opening TV has. The application window is open until the end of March and I'd expect the interview process to be thorough. I would expect...
  15. B

This is not a rumor. Coach Dickerhoof was approved at Monday night's BOE meeting.
  16. B

People forget that TV was just a few crazy plays away from being a 7-3 team in 2018. They had a chance to win every game that season except Indian Valley and beat Garaway in week 10 to cost the Pirates a share of the IVC and knock them out of the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what type...
  17. B

#PACtion™ 2024

The power of the newspaper. Many people don't know that East Canton's girls' basketball team is referred to as the Wizards while every other sport at the school is Hornets. The reason why is when the girls' basketball program first started having success a newspaper article referred to them as...
  18. B

No matter what Louisville's record is next year, this is what the Louisville schedule should look like going forward. Their opponents are for the most part similarly sized and there is not huge travel. Most of the games have local significance. The only thing missing is somehow getting Dover...
  19. B

Let's hope not. Other than a few former NBC rivals I think most people would agree Stark County football is better when the Leopards are relevant.
  20. B

#PACtion™ 2024

Yes. That was week 9.