Search results

1. G

2024 VASJ Vikings Football **Official Thread**

As stated above, the strength of this team will be the O-line and run game, like it always has been under this regime. Limiting the turnovers and playing sound defense after losing some great players on that side of the ball will dictate how far this team can go. They will be able to put up...
  2. G

Schools to make state finals in Basketball and Football in the same year

Not basketball, surprisingly, but St. Joe had football in 1989 and wrestling in 1990. I'd imagine St. Edward has also done this a few times.
  3. G

2023-24 VASJ Vikings Basketball Official Thread

A district title back at Viking Village. Nobody will be mistaking this group for a great St. Joe team, but making it this far is a great accomplishment for Coach Ward and his group. Let's see if they can knock off the Irish on Thursday.
  4. G

2024 VASJ Vikings Football **Official Thread**

As for football, the locker room and new field have been tremendous developments in the last 3 years. Who would have thought that could happen after decades of football on Lake Erie. The strength program is paying dividends and it seems like there are a ton of kids in the program (last year I...
  5. G

Rotsky

Yeah Chanel really kept it going the decade after he left…
  6. G

Division III Region 9 Semi Finals: #5 VASJ Vikings (9-3) vs #1 Ursuline Fighting Irish (12-0) @ Marlington

If the Vikings can break even or win in the turnover battle, as we saw last week, this game becomes winnable. Also need the offense to keep rolling like it has been and the defense to win a few third downs. That sounds like a perfect game and it'll take a near perfect effort to pull of the upset...
  7. G

Week 12: D-III Region 9 Qtr Finals: #5 VASJ Vikings (8-3) vs #4 Kenston Bombers ( 10-1)

Can’t believe Bball216 was wrong…let me guess, this wasn’t a big win either.
  8. G

D3 Region 9 Playoff thread

Kenston played from in front in the regular season game. They scored right away and VASJ answered a few times. Patrick had a great day running and they struggled to stop him. VASJ had a bunch of big plays too but gave up a big 4th down at one point in q2. Second half dragged along until a huge...
  9. G

D3 Region 9 Playoff thread

Have to say these four matchups are all interesting. Two local matchups with Canfield-Ursuline and Geneva-Chardon, a regular season rematch in Joe’s-Kenston, and a normal stalwart against an underdog in Aurora-GA. Clear favorites in all four games but I think you can talk yourself into any of...
  10. G

VASJ Football 2023: Official Thread

Win the turnover battle and keep that run game going and the Vikings should get a rematch with Kenston. I'm sure US will empty the playbook so that defense needs to stay home. Looks like we'll have good weather and a good crowd at home.
  11. G

How cool is that. I know a lot of people worked really hard on improving all of these facilities. Tons of donors big and small and people working hard behind the scenes. Now the VASJ community gets to watch a tough team play their senior night on campus for the first time ever.
  12. G

Big win and one left for a 7-3 finish. Likely home seed. Beating programs like STVM, Mooney, and McDowell help this team learn on the fly. Some tough losses in there but those three teams have combined to lose three total games.
  13. G

He beat Mentor. That’s so far beyond the possibilities for Euclid, they should give him a banner.
  14. G

I’d look at his Euclid record if I were you, unless “can’t win a big game” means “Euclid couldn’t beat St Ignatius or St Edward”, which has been the case since the beginning of time.
  15. G

Irish have a great team but I’m losing brain cells listening to these announcers for four quarters. I’m glad the Vikings showed up tonight without a few LB’s on that defense, but still a lot to clean up. Have to be perfect against a great team like this.
  16. G

Vikings are licking their wounds this week. Hartley laid a beatdown and now they get a tougher opponent. Hoping the offense can get in sync and drag this game out because Ursuline was ugly last year. In the long view, this is a pretty good team that is pretty clearly not in the top echelon of...
  17. G

Was Bishop Hartley a quality opponent last year when they beat them? This is a false narrative.
  18. G

Bishop Hartley (4-2) Vs Villa Angela St Joseph (5-1)

Vikings have gained 1000+ yards over the last two weeks. If that trend continues, they will win.
  19. G

Good info from bkmk on McDowell. Vikings are fairly healthy and needed to be. These next four games are critical for seeding purposes. Not to mention they'll tell us a lot about how good this team is. Hopefully they've grown from that second half drubbing by Kenston. Last week was a step in the...
  20. G

I am not positive but I've heard that it'll be around 2,500 seats. I am also guessing there will be room for the 1989 State Championship trophy too.