Search results

1. FBLFAN

Walsh Jesuit (7-1) @ Lake Catholic (7-1)

I didn’t give up anything. The Walsh D looked terrible, and after talking to the coaches and players I understand they were without 3 LBs, so that makes more sense. I came at the other post about sour grapes because I don’t get the animosity about the game. I saw no bad play and heard both fan...
  2. FBLFAN

Walsh Jesuit (7-1) @ Lake Catholic (7-1)

This is some funny sour grapes stuff here. I was at the game too. This is zero % what happened. For anyone not so blatantly biased, it was a hard fought game with kids on BOTH sides taking shots. I didn’t see ONE cheap shot on either side, just hard nosed football. What I hated to see was 16-17...
  3. FBLFAN

2023 St. Ignatius Football

They started strong - what's been happening?
  4. FBLFAN

Amen! This may be some of the worst coaching I've seen. I get that they've been dealing with injuries and youth throughout the year, but you don't react by pulling the rug from under the seniors that have put in the time. We'll see what happens, but I really hope they ride out the last 3-4...
  5. FBLFAN

Late response because I had a nice little getaway vacation to Key West this week to thankfully drown my sorrows! I do take this personally, because I had a similar situation happen to me in HS. I'm glad for you it worked out, but I'm sure if you talked to the senior who's place you took (or...
  6. FBLFAN

Massillon Washington (7-0) at Austintown Fitch (4-2)

Massillon by 24 at least. Fitch is a normal, good high school team. The only hope they have is if Mass has an off night.
  7. FBLFAN

2023 Akron City Series Football

Hoban has ruined the City Series. Good for the kids that were able to move and get a better education, but bad for the city series. I saw Firestone play Walsh and and know their JV could beat Firestone - maybe even the freshman team.
  8. FBLFAN

I just want to state that whoever colincat is - you’re a lemming and part of the problem. He typed a response that must have been deleted, and rightfully so. For the record, I don’t know the Papesh family but respect the fact that he’s a SENIOR CAPTAIN. That should account for something, and the...
  9. FBLFAN

I’m so sick of this crap. Sophomore is 0-7 with a pick. They only bring Papesh in for a sneak from the 1 because the sophomore can’t get in and he scores. Yet they keep putting the sophomore in. Absolutely ridiculous.
  10. FBLFAN

He is an Eds grad, but his kids went to Iggy. Not a bad guy, and worse things are said in locker rooms every day. But the problem lies with how it was done. You can't preach to the kids about social media and watching what you do on the phone and follow it up with texting things yourself...
  11. FBLFAN

Walsh Jesuit vs. Archbishop Hoban

Couldn't agree more. Ohio might be a stretch, but the Academy of Akron is for certain. Plus the kids from other areas to sprinkle in. Hey, as long as OHSAA allows teams like this to work the system, it is what it is. I do find it hilarious that hoban is D2, TCC is D3, and glenville is D4...
  12. FBLFAN

They should give the ball back to the SENIOR CAPTAIN, Josh Papesh. Hell, I'd even let the kid call his own plays. From everything I've heard, he's smart and knows the offense as well as anyone. Let the kid play out his senior year. It's clear that making the move to the sophomore did nothing...
  13. FBLFAN

Odds Of A “Fair” Public School Being D1-D5 State Champs

I'm glad this is morphing from a public vs private discussion to the real issue of following the rules or finding the loopholes. Avon has a real shot. Whoever comes out of Region 8 can win it too. Pick North, Gahanna and Princeton can knock off Eds without their QB. D3 and D4 OHSAA should be...
  14. FBLFAN

3rd AP state football poll

AP polls are always skewed towards whatever team will garner the writers the most clicks or views. Toss them in the trash.
  15. FBLFAN

It’s not venom my man - not my intent at all. Honestly worried about putting an inexperienced kid in a bad position. People talk experience, but what is getting zero time to throw going to help with? Making you gun shy in the future? Obviously making a change at QB wasn’t the answer. I still...
  16. FBLFAN

I don't agree at all. Papesh has taken a beating behind a young OL and inexperienced receivers. He's not the reason for the losses but since he's the QB, everyone points the finger at him. This wreaks of political pressure and/or daddy-ball. Iggy's big problem is there is nobody to keep the...
  17. FBLFAN

Biggest Surprises/Biggest Disappointments through 5

I see my 3 year old out in the yard with his cousins with a ball that's shaped like an egg. They even throw and run with it. But it's not real football.
  18. FBLFAN

Then why doesn't Marion Local move up to a more competitive division? It seems like OHSAA can't figure it out, with numerous teams in wrong divisions. TCC moved down to D3?? Glenville in D4?? Hoban not moving up to D1? It's all silly. This 'competitive balance' thing is a farce. He's not wrong...
  19. FBLFAN

Norton is solid, but once they face real competition in the playoffs, they get blown out. Happens all the time.