Search results

1. MasonComet

Should Pete Rose be in the Hall-of-Fame?

Good point. And Perry was in fact ejected from a game in 1982 for doctoring the ball.
  2. MasonComet

What's particularly troublesome about Pete Rose's double punishment is that known cheater Gaylord Perry was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1991 while all of Pete Rose controversy was still fresh on everyone's minds. Perry even bragged about it and openly challenged MLB to stop him while he...
  3. MasonComet

People often conflate getting kicked out of baseball and being barred from the Hall of Fame… but they are two completely different things. I don’t think people realize how crushing it was to Rose to get banned from baseball, especially when his hometown Reds were coming into their own while he...
  4. MasonComet

Moeller vs. Mason

Mason outscoring opponents 95-41 (15 games) Moeller outscoring opponents 126-29 (13 games)
  5. MasonComet

GMC predictions

Hamilton Southeastern (IN) 11 Mason 2 Comets (5-1) return to GMC play on Monday against Lakota East.
  6. MasonComet

GMC predictions

Friday the 29th Game 1 Mason 11 Tullahoma (TN) 9 Game 2 Mason 11 Blackman (Murfreesboro, TN) 5
  7. MasonComet

Monday March 25th Scores

Hamilton 10 Lakota West 9 Princeton 4 Sycamore 3 Mason 6 Colerain 0 Fairfield 13 Middletown 2 Lakota East 10 Oak Hills 0
  8. MasonComet

Adrián Beltré, Joe Mauer, and Todd Helton to the MLB HOF

I've never been a huge Votto guy but there's so much wrong with the HOF I can't say that I'll really care when he gets in. Dick Allen usually does not get enough credit, to your point. It's difficult for a position player to get into the HOF with under 2,000 hits (not that anyone is really...
  9. MasonComet

Scrimmage Results

per Mason baseball twitter: Fri_____ March 15th 4:30 @ Badin Mon __ March 18th 4:30 SPRINGBORO Ok, apparently Mason/Badin already scrimmaged
  10. MasonComet

Scrimmage Results

Haha. Devil's advocate: was the kid fast? Maybe the coach wanted to put the catcher to the test on baserunning. 🤷‍♂️
  11. MasonComet

The Official 2024 Reds season thread

Probably won't work but I love the effort.
  12. MasonComet

https://stathead.com/baseball/versus-finder.cgi?player_id2=olerud002joh&player_id1=mauer-001jos&request=1&utm_campaign=2023_01_wdgt_player_comparison&utm_source=br&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=mauerjo01
  13. MasonComet

https://stathead.com/baseball/versus-finder.cgi?player_id2=clark-007wil&player_id1=mauer-001jos&request=1&utm_campaign=2023_01_wdgt_player_comparison&utm_source=br&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=mauerjo01
  14. MasonComet

Joe Mauer played quite a bit at first base... ~600 games vs ~900 games catching. That puts him at 164th all time for defensive games at catcher. Joe OLIVER caught more games (117th all time). Mauer was a nice hitter, but paired with his defense, he wouldn't get my vote. Will Clark and John...
  15. MasonComet

I Don’t Get It…

16. MasonComet

GMC 23-24

Hamilton called a timeout after the first two free throws were made. I'm a little surprised it's legal to call a time out when in fact there is no time.
  17. MasonComet

GMC 23-24

The revelation is if you stick your hands out, Mason will throw the ball right to them. 😆 That was pretty embarrassing; I’ve seen teams force passes but the Comets were on another level tonight. West played really well- they were in total control from late in the first quarter on (Mason led...
  18. MasonComet

GMC 23-24

Had to leave more quickly than expected Sycamore 73 Mason 63 Mason played them about as tough as they could, IMO.
  19. MasonComet

GMC 23-24

Mason not giving up, 60-52 4:23 left
  20. MasonComet

GMC 23-24

Aves pulling away 58-46 after 3