Search results

1. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

For some reason I get the feeling that Mr. Naylor does not want to lob the ball to the pitcher covering tonight. :) 3-1 Guardians final. Let's win the series tomorrow. GO GUARDS!
  2. YTOWN

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

No I had not. I'm sorry to see it. Condolences to his family and friends. I can remember seeing a Michigan-OSU game in the mid 60s that featured so may Niles guys even the announcers were talking about it. Michigan had 7 or 8 Red Dragons and the Buckeyes had Bo Rein. In addition to Mr. Sygar...
  3. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Starting with Roccio. He obviously should have thrown to first and ended the game. However, I do think he beat Buxton to the bag and the call should have been overturned and game also over. Then after Clase drops the toss from Naylor which would have ended the game, if Josh goes home instead of...
  4. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

As the late great Bob Prince used to say "WE HAD EM ALL THE WAY!" :) With the sweep the Guardians remain undefeated against the Twins on the season at 5-0 and the Twinkies drop to 5.5 games back. Bring on Mr. Lindor and the Mets! GO GUARDS!
  5. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

And there it is! That has to be one of the craziest finishes I have ever seen and I've seen a few.
  6. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Yes sir although one of the errors was on Clase himself. Maybe Naylor can make up for it right here. Except that Gimenez just took the bat out of Naylor's hands with ANOTHER brain cramp although I think he was safe.
  7. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

For him & Naylor!
  8. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Why the hell Roccio didn't just throw the ball to first is beyond me but you have to be kidding me with what just happened! I can't believe it. PS: It just occurred to me that Matt Underwood did not say "Bring on Clase" at the end of the 8th inning. I blame this on him. Time for a walkoff!
  9. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Or Mayor Perk's hair on fire! :)
  10. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

That's the only kind of game they can afford to let Avila pitch in. He turned an 11-0 lead in the 9th into an 11-4 final and threw 39 pitches to get through the inning. On the flip side it was the 2nd straight game that Mr. Allen threw 6 shutout innings and the offense jumped all over Mr. Ober...
  11. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

At the very least he is messing up the bullpen's stats. If they leave him in there much longer the tying run might come to the plate. :) GO GUARDS!
  12. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

It is amazing how often Jose does that in extended at bats. 2-run dinger on what 12 or 13 pitches in the AB?
  13. YTOWN

He was drafted by the Vikings but never played in an NFL regular season game. I know of 25 or 26 guys just from the City Series schools that were drafted but didn't play in the NFL, some played in the CFL or other pro leagues but not the NFL. I am counting Mooney & Ursuline players in that...
  14. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Founded here in 1945. For decades they had one location, it's still open too. Limited parking there so you couldn't get near the place on many days. People would park their cars blocks away and walk just to line up for it. Eventually they opened a few other area locations and then franchised it...
  15. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Nice win last night to take the series, 3rd straight game scoring 7 runs. Now they have a chance to sweep Texas and pull out a winning road trip after starting 0-3. Get the W today and enjoy a well deserved off day tomorrow. GO GUARDS!
  16. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

A Youngstown institution. True, but they came into the game with clean innings. Mr. Sandlin came into a bases loaded, one out situation, facing the Ranger's clean up hitter. Struck him out and got a weak ground ball from the #5 hitter to get out of the inning without allowing a run. GO GUARDS!
  17. YTOWN

Scienceville HS was renamed Youngstown North in 1945. Chuck Kabealo, former Chaney and OSU player, was their first HC. Their first year in the City Series was in 1952. Led by HC Jack Cramb and future College Football Hall of Famer Harold Davis at QB and RB/LB John Nocera, who went on to be a...
  18. YTOWN

It is John Mathey. His first year as HC at South was Don Bucci's first year as HC at Mooney. Mr. Mathey was the Warrior's HC when the aforementioned Julius Livas was their QB.
  19. YTOWN

Cleveland Guardians

Back-to-back 7-0 shutout wins. Mr. Bibee looked good, a shame he didn't get the W, and Mr. Sandlin did a great job keeping the Rangers off the board in the 6th inning. The Guardians picked up 1/2 game on the Twins and a full game on the Royals and now have a chance to win the series today. GO...
  20. YTOWN

Me too so I count it. Chaney's first ever football victory, which came in the last game of the Cowboys' initial season of 1926, was a 10-0 win over Liberty. The Leopards dropped football for over 30 years I believe it was and finally brought it back in 1966. The link for South has several...