Search results

1. MickeyMantle

The Official 2024 Reds season thread

Yeah, but I'm guessing MLB folks know about some scumbaggyness they want no part of. Like I said, there is a reason he's without a job.
  2. MickeyMantle

Again, there is clearly a reason he hasn't been signed by anyone, especially given the case you make above. So no, I don't want to throw that circus into the feel-good situation with the Reds young roster. No reason to be like the pre-2021 Bengals.
  3. MickeyMantle

Bauer is not worth the headache and possible PR nightmare. The is a reason literally nobody is signing him.
  4. MickeyMantle

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

Biden is a Catholic and a practicing Catholic. And, as you say: Agreed.
  5. MickeyMantle

There is not one politician that follows Catholic teachings entirely. Not one. That is especially true of the new right in this country. They are the very antithesis of Catholic. They are the antithesis of Christlike. They just happen to claim to pro life. They are not. And again, there is more...
  6. MickeyMantle

I vote for people I agree with on most things rather than voting for terrible, terrible people with whom I agree on very little. I also don’t believe 90 percent of pro life politicians give one single eff about pro life actions. Not sure how we got here on the enrollment thread, though. Ooops.
  7. MickeyMantle

Bull. Such a simpleton statement.
  8. MickeyMantle

There are countless more issues than abortion. I do not support abortion for convenience.
  9. MickeyMantle

You cannot be a Catholic and vote for a MAGA R since 2016. Nothing American or Catholic about that cult. They’re terrible, terrible people. Totally disqualifies you. Repent.
  10. MickeyMantle

Yeah, I consider the source on that. No sweat to me. People like Shapiro, Trump, basically anybody of the unAmerican new conservafascism ilk are nothing anywhere close to like Jesus. They’re just self-serving hate mongers. They’re entirely illiberal and dangerous.
  11. MickeyMantle

Man, not sure I'd be quoting lunatics like that guy to back by Godly positions.
  12. MickeyMantle

Please do! We'd appreciate your business! You won't want to miss the famous NCH Bakery salted rye!
  13. MickeyMantle

I think many of us on a daily basis, myself very much included, could benefit from reading the beginning of Matthew 7.
  14. MickeyMantle

When we still had our in-parish tuition discount, we signed a paper stating we'd be attending Mass each week. Not sure how else to logically account for that.
  15. MickeyMantle

Yeah, woke is just another made-up boogeyman term to scare people and they fall for it. Like caravans and death tax, etc. This is how we wind up gullible people believing schools are putting litter boxes in bathrooms. Also, the archdiocese here absolutely has the worst PR operation around. A...
  16. MickeyMantle

No, there has not been. We have been constantly told that the idea is to close nothing unless we absolutely have to and it was presented that St. Martin could not survive as a school without totally sinking the parish. I agree with this.
  17. MickeyMantle

Elder Enrollment Strategy

It absolutely is not believable unless you're a gullible fool. It's absurd.
  18. MickeyMantle

Yeah, that report is weird. In October 2023, there was only a Saturday 3:30 p.m. Mass at St. Al's. In 2022, there was a 4 p.m. Saturday and a 10 a.m. Sunday. Is that really how they measured? And regarding the schools, there are a lot of non-Catholics in the schools along with many not...
  19. MickeyMantle

St. Al's got royally effed by losing its Sunday Mass this past summer, but our Saturday numbers continue to be very good. Meanwhile, nobody goes to OLL. Probably the 8 a.m. time has a lot to do with it, but they were low even before the change. Antoninus has big attendance but lots of empty...