Search results

1. K

Canfield @ South Range 2023

For clarification, 2016 South Range played McDonald, Western Reserve, Akron Manchester, and Wintersville Indian Creek OOC. East Palestine was a conference game and Garfield is the one who played Champion
  2. K

Ive really tried to think of some kind of rational reason of why Canfield would back out and really can’t. It’s not like they are getting a home game now, they are traveling much farther away. And it’s not like Mansfield is a push over easy win, they have a solid program. Its such a disservice...
  3. K

https://www.wfmj.com/story/48288542/football-canfield-and-south-range-not-playing-next-two-years So Canfield would rather play at Mansfield than SR.
  4. K

D7 R25 2023

FWIW, the region was much weaker back then than it has been the last few years.
  5. K

D7 R25 2023

Posted in the other thread, there are 2 in the region from the Youngstown area Dan Williams- McDonald (23 years) 159-84; 65% win percentage Sean Guerriero- Springfield local (16 years) 115-63; 65% win percentage
  6. K

Canfield Cardinals Schedule and Outlook for 2023

Boardman, Dover, or West Branch would not have touched South Range last year.
  7. K

Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

Given what Leetonia had, they might as well been playing St Ed’s. I’m not saying one way or the other about the specific coach in question, but you can’t judge what happened this year at leetonia, they were levels below talent wise even the other bad teams in the EOAC, I’m pretty sure they...
  8. K

D7 R25 2023

Here is what I can provide from the MVAC teams since that is what I am most familiar with: Springfield will be very good again, the Tigers return large chunks of their starters from 2022. That said, do not discount the losses Springfield will have to deal with, they are some big shoes to fill...
  9. K

D7 R25 2023

Games matter, scrimmages do not. Also, I'm not saying your not being truthful, but I am finding it very hard to believe Mathews beat ridge, let alone 6 to zero after having seen the teams last year. Nothing from any game, including Mathews losing to Py. Valley who Ridge running clocked, would...
  10. K

D7 R25 2023

McDonald and Mathews had 1 common opponent in 2022 (disregarding Sebring)- Springfield. McDonald led Springfield at one point 21-0 and in the 4th quarter had the ball on Springfield's 20 yard line in a 24-21 game, Mathews lost 42-0. Mathews may have won more games, but that was because they...
  11. K

HC for 10+ years

In the Youngstown Area (that I know of): Bob Spaite- Columbiana (29 years) 189-111; 63% win percentage Dan Yeagley- South Range (27 years) 248-75; 77% win percentage Dan Williams- McDonald (23 years) 159-84; 65% win percentage Mike Pavlansky- Canfield (22 years) 176-72; 71% win percentage...
  12. K

D7 R25 2022

I would not expect a ton of changes in the drawing of the regions due to the lack of D7's in the southern part of the state. R27 is already stretched way out and only has 23 schools in it, whereas R25 has 31 and R26 has 30...
  13. K

D7 R25 2022

They actually changed the districts so all 3 now are all together and any school can be in any of the 3 districts. So while it’s likely Dalton avoids both Richmond and Cornerstone, they could be in the same district. My guess is Richmond will go in one, Cornerstone in another, and every other...
  14. K

Nobody, and I mean nobody, believes you. Not only are you claiming the most ridiculous, unbelievable statline in football history, now you are claiming that the paper was outright wrong and that Pav was lying in his comments. Just stop, admit you were making up BS and were called out.
  15. K

Sorry there is 0 chance a running back had 80 yards rushing, a QB had an 11 yard rushing td, the team scored 40 points, and Canfield as a team had -177 yards rushing. THAT would be the most incredible, unbelievable stat line in football history and certainly would have been a huge part of the...
  16. K

Football Interest

The piece about mouthguards is a myth, at best they may provide a tiny bit of help with concussions, but for the most part all credible research shows mouthpieces do not protect against concussions. The major causes of concussions in football have zero correlation to wearing of a mouthpiece, if...
  17. K

MVAC Scarlet Tier

As for the league, Springfield is definitely the favorites heading into 2023. The Tigers return 7 or 8 on both O and D with a solid junior class. That said, while they aren't losing a lot, they are losing some of their best players in Gardner, Woods, First, Lacivita that will have big shoes to...
  18. K

MVAC Scarlet Tier

If I recall, I believe the class that is juniors at Mathews is supposed to be pretty good (relative), so that could be a reason they bumped their schedule. Know nothing about SE, but given that NF and JM lose almost their entire teams I think Mathews would have a decent shot at beating both.
  19. K

MAHONING VALLEY BOYS SCORES & DISCUSSION

Talent ebbs and flows, especially at small schools. For McDonald particularly, talent is down in pretty much every sport across the board (football had back to back losing seasons the first time in 50+ years, last years basketball was the 2nd losing season in 20+). The kids work hard, play hard...
  20. K

WKBN Big 22 (Mahoning Valley)

It’s high school football, most of those kids are going both ways and are some of the best on defense as well. Of the QB’s, most were top defenders. I know for sure Ballone, Lowry, Deshields (until he got injured), Hadley, and Courtney all started and were good defenders. Heck, not only did the...