Search results

1. G

The Top Ranked Baseball Players of All-Time from Ohio High Schools

Actually Pete Rose should be #1 without argument but he's a dirtbag so I get it. I would also concur that Griffey should be ahead of Schmidt but both were great players.
  2. G

You are correct. Born in Pittsburgh and went to school there
  3. G

Barry Larkin-25 Buddy Bell-27 LOL Mark Lewis at 207-10 yrs in the majors, behind Kip Young at 200-1.5 yrs in the bigs WTH I doubt there are too many Baseball HOFers that were the 25th best player in their state.
  4. G

Open HS Jobs

Anyone know the story at Harrison? Just checked his record in the 9 years of the SWOC. Five league titles with the last one being in 2021. One sub .500 record and that was 12-15. With the 5 league titles Harrison also finished 2nd three times and third once. Kinda crazy!
  5. G

State Basketball - Dayton Recommendations

UD Arena is a tremendous facility for HS/college hoops. My guess regarding the tailgating they cannot openly promote but use the illegal angle in case a group of fans get a tad bit out of control.
  6. G

State Basketball - Dayton Recommendations

Kramers on Irving Ave. which is just a left off( I think) of Brown Street, maybe a half mile from the UD campus. The places on Brown St. were usually packed on the day of the D1 district finals, Kramers was a great alternative.
  7. G

24 Game Regular Season Schedule in Ohio ????

I'm not so old to remember how much I despised playing Friday to Friday once the season started. The more games the better in my opinion. After Christmas break the season really "dragged" on and loved playing Tuesday-Friday to break up practice time. I'm sure coaches disliked it as far as...
  8. G

GCL Co-Ed Basketball 22/23

My guys from Falconville never disappoint.
  9. G

Open HS Jobs

Have no idea what happened to Coach Sowders but he was very well respected in the coaching community. Also spent many many years in the SWOL and with the FutureStars program. Difficult to imagine Harrison Baseball without him. It appears all assistants have left the program as well.
  10. G

McNick is a tough place to play. Long bus ride as said, funky locker room, fans/students in the end zone. Plus they usually get after ya on the defensive end.
  11. G

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Fenwick FALCONS

Obviously will be 5-0 heading into league play with that schedule. Maybe Monroe offers a little bit of a test but my goodness. Easily anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. Look at Bellbrook's first five games in comparison-Tipp-D3 semis, Miamisburg-D1, Valley View-D4 semis, Ponitz, Alter-Alter...
  12. G

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Fenwick FALCONS

State Champs again.
  13. G

Oh I’m sure the falcons will struggle with CJ’s crew but fenwick has a nice team and will continue to have a solid season.
  14. G

Badin 57 Bellbrook 43
  15. G

Still Undefeated

Kings lost to Mason on Friday as well. 8-1 now
  16. G

Fenwick beats 0-8 Badin 46-37. Badin was up 18-7 in the second quarter.
  17. G

GMC Basketball 22-23

I would say the coach is trying to build a winning culture and the only way that is done is by winning ballgames. Scheduling soft non conference games gets that going in the right direction.
  18. G

The entire team shoots under30% from the field. Less than 25% from three. No offensive rebounding.
  19. G

Can they beat Northwest? Looking at their schedule there are not many chances at a W with the teams left on it. Why didn’t the LH 6’5 kid play this season? Baseball?
  20. G

Talawanda is not terrible. Could be a struggle.