Search results

1. Struthersfan

Richmond Heights Post Season Option

Totally agree. Ended up watching a part of this convoluted mess on YSNlive last night. Could put you to sleep. Absolutely ridiculous, and I believe Edgewood isn't that bad of a D2 team.
  2. Struthersfan

Friday Finals 1/27

Richmond Heights 124 Edgewood 39 https://ysnlive.com/440andgoal
  3. Struthersfan

Friday Finals 1/27

Struthers 70 At Hubbard 57 Cats improve to 10-6
  4. Struthersfan

Friday Updates 1/27 (2022-23 Nightly Updates)

Halftime in Youngstown: Ursuline 38 Massillon 32
  5. Struthersfan

After 1 quarter: Ursuline 21 Massillon 15
  6. Struthersfan

Here's a good one going on in Y'town (live on YSN, no cost): https://ysnlive.com/team/ursuline Still in the 1st quarter, Massillon is up 11-9
  7. Struthersfan

Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

Someone must've been drinking heavily to schedule a mess like that. What a waste of a game in all aspects. :mad::mad: Not only were they gawd awful but exhibited the worst sportsmanship ever. We'd have been better scheduling Lo'ville.
  8. Struthersfan

2023 Open/Unknowns

Week 3 Brookville (PA) @ Struthers
  9. Struthersfan

Struthers has finalized their schedule for 2023. The missing opponent for the September 1st game is now Brookville Area High School, PA Home opener for the Wildcats. Glad we figured it out. :banana: :banana: :banana:
  10. Struthersfan

2023 Schedules

Struthers has FINALLY filled their schedule with a home game on 9-1 against Brookville, PA
  11. Struthersfan

I have a sneaky suspicion it'll be Beaver Local. We had them on Arbiter for a home&home starting this year, however the trip to Struthers was 24 is suspiciously removed. Perhaps the wheels are already in motion to add the Beavers to the NE8. Make you wonder. :rolleyes:
  12. Struthersfan

Friday Finals 1/20

Youngstown area: Austintown Fitch 50 Ursuline 67 Canfield 66 Chaney 58 Crestview 52 Liberty 39 Bristol 64 Fairport Harding 45 Campbell 58 Brookfield 59 F/OT Girard 54 Struthers 56 Howland 39 Cardinal Mooney 43 Indian Creek 42 East Liverpool 60 Jackson Milton 42 Lowellville 55 Jefferson 55...
  13. Struthersfan

Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Same Night, Same Location

Struthers used to do a boys/girls setup for quite a while. Hasn't been the case the past few years however. It's think it's a good thing.
  14. Struthersfan

MAHONING VALLEY BOYS SCORES & DISCUSSION

Struthers - Girard is Game of the Week Friday. Might not be all that great of a game after all. Girard gets better each game. Was watching several games last night. A couple freak things caught my eye. 1. YSN said it was Copley at Fitch. But what I saw looked more like a Fitch game vs...
  15. Struthersfan

Austintown Fitch 2023

I used to work around there for a while. I remember the consolidation very well. Was not state mandated. They just worked it out themselves. It's been a good move all around. Plenty of school districts in Ohio should look to do the same thing.
  16. Struthersfan

Those definitely were the "heyday" for the SVC. It was THE premier conference in the area, and one of the best in the state. Gyms were packed, unlike now. Plenty of games at the Fieldhouse in front of 2500 plus. Many were full at 3200 if not more. Even the South Fieldhouse used to be packed...
  17. Struthersfan

Yes. you are correct. John was in my class and the son of the successful coach George Kerlek. John played his freshman year at Struthers before transferring to Boardman. And yes, people were furious about the move. Felt there was some shenanigans going on over at Boardman for him to make the...
  18. Struthersfan

Those were 2 of the big dogs. Definitely got it right. Way better memory than me. :banana: :banana:
  19. Struthersfan

Canfield Cardinals Schedule and Outlook for 2023

"Not so fast" I was thinking of Lee Corso.
  20. Struthersfan

My junior year I believe. Boardman opened their new 3,000 seat gym in 1969. It was typical for Boardman in those days to give only 200-300 tickets to the visitors. 300 if you were lucky. They had a slew of "trees" back in those days. Can't remember the names but those guys were a state...