Search results

1. E

IUDOGS: 2022 - 2023 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

I thought his kids were at Westerville Central? I agree, to hire a players dad is an odd move but I guess it could work out. Does he have experience coaching in the high school/college level or any coaching experience at all?
  2. E

Massillon Tigers to play Valdosta in NE Ohio Classic

This will be an interesting game and not sure why Ohio doesn’t do more games likes this. Great for kids and for football in our State. Good Luck Massillon!
  3. E

Dublin Coffman 2022

I agree about the OCC Central all being better and Should be a fun year, football season can’t get here soon enough. I remember that opening drive Vs UA and had a feeling it was going to be a tough night for the Rocks, you can’t make those kind of mistakes against a team/coach like that. On a...
  4. E

Pickerington Central's Jay Sharrett Retiring

Good info, thank you. I would think those guys are young teachers who got their 4-5 years matched or not teachers in district.
  5. E

Dublin Coffman 2022

I stopped coming here regularly because I thought there would be more Coffman or CO football talk but it turns out it’s mostly a betting or pro and college football predictions.
  6. E

Dublin Coffman 2022

I could see them going the assistant route if they think they have peaked as a program. The program hasn’t had a ton of success in recent recents years but has had a little and maybe it’s a tough place to win. I could definitely see them going this route if one of the assistants on staff has...
  7. E

Heard from a fairly reliable source that Westerville North will be interviewing 9-10 candidates soon. No word on TV, Newark Catholic, Scioto, Pick Central, Westland or any of the Columbus City openings. I bet it will slow down even more with Christmas break coming up.
  8. E

Pickerington Central's Jay Sharrett Retiring

I feel like most quality big school jobs attract proven quality candidates with successful head coaching experience and can make hiring a coach within hard to do. In this situation, where they have been one of the most successful in Ohio, I believe they will stay internal if they have a tenured...
  9. E

I think she would be crazy to even consider this. Has not been very successful anywhere and look what is happening at Watkins Memorial now that he is gone. I would be surprised if they didn’t go internal.
  10. E

Curious to see which way they go, I don’t think they would go internal but I have seen crazier things happen. I would also imagine a bunch of applicants too but wonder how many of the applicants have quality experience maybe a current city league school coach? I can’t see any OCC coach making a...
  11. E

Any names? This doesn’t make sense a current successful coach in Columbus going to average Teays Valley heading to the OCC when they don’t pay well and have marginal talent. I have a hard time buying this.
  12. E

Curious to hear as well, not a lot of movement so far this year in CO may be a quiet year in terms of coaching turnover in the Columbus area.
  13. E

Dublin Coffman 2022

How were younger grades this year? Is there an end to the lack of talent coming or is this the new norm for DC?
  14. E

Sidney coach resigns

I think Sidney would be crazy to not entertain it if he would be interested. I don’t think he burnt bridges at Urbana or Minster and the Coffman situation is just not a great fit for either party in my opinion and don’t think he is burning bridges there either.
  15. E

D3 Region 11 Championship. Who wins? #5 Bloom Carroll vs #3 Bishop Watterson

Wasn’t a knock, just an observation. First year coach, schools first year in D3 and they have been impressive. Maybe it speaks more on the quality of community/players along with strong coaching.
  16. E

Sidney coach resigns

Stokes from Coffman, he doesn’t live too far away and he really doesn’t like Dublin for some reason. I am guessing he will leave at some point and this may be a good spot for it.
  17. E

D3 Region 11 Championship. Who wins? #5 Bloom Carroll vs #3 Bishop Watterson

What games we the competitive ones all year? The surprising thing about BC is they lose their coach and seem to have gotten better it appears. My prediction is BC 21-10.
  18. E

Pick North vs Pick Central, week 12 (2022 rematch)

PC by 2 scores and I highly doubt anyone gets turned away if they purchase a ticket for this one. May not be able to see the game but you will get in.
  19. E

Division 3 Region 11 #10 Bellefontaine @ #7 Granville

He can’t be at the pylon (he literally got to about the 3 which is roughly 5 yards away from the play) in case there is a play at the front pylon, he can’t be in the way. The Second picture sent the Granville player’s towel is touching the ground which if you watch the video or look at the first...
  20. E

Division 3 Region 11 #10 Bellefontaine @ #7 Granville

It’s the same camera and two different shots. You don’t think the kid toe drug his foot back to get it in bounds? And the first photo also shows he doesn’t have possession. I do not like Granville, I know some people from there and I am aware of their arrogance not heartbroken when they lose...