Search results

1. R

Glenville

Don't try to debate Yappi posters with data and facts. It confuses most of them.
  2. R

Glenville

Agree 100%. I HIGHLY doubt that Coach Ginn decided to go to all the trouble of opening and operating Ginn Academy in order to exploit a loophole in the OSHAA division assignment rules. I have NO DOUBT that his heart is in the right place in attempting to give these kids more than what they...
  3. R

Too Many Teams in the Playoffs?

In theory I agree 100%. Playoffs should mean something. Two challenges: (1) conferences provide typically 6-7 of 10 games, and conferences have different strengths and (2) schools hand-choose their 3-4 out-of-conference games. I'm all for dropping to 8 playoff teams, maybe even 4, if we require...
  4. R

OHSAA Computer Point System Having A Successful Playoff

That appears to be true. Same could be said about the Top 4 per region. Frankly, if we're going to reduce, I'd rather drop back to 4. If I was king, I'd keep D2 - D7 at 16, but cut a week out of the regular season.
  5. R

Too Many Teams in the Playoffs?

This makes sense for open enrollment schools whether public or private as they have a system for generating players. Closed enrollment schools depend much more on luck.....get a class of bigger, faster kids and you can be good. Our community's team has had some 7-9 win seasons in recent years...
  6. R

OHSAA Computer Point System Having A Successful Playoff

Not really because the same data showed more 10s beating 7s and more 9s beating 8s. Harbins work really well at identifying the Top 4, very well at the Top 6, and poorly at the Top 8. Does that matter since no one 7-16 made it to the finals? Not sure it matters to anyone other than 9 and 10 seeds.
  7. R

Division III State Semifinal: Region 10 #1 Holy Name Green Wave (11-2) vs Region 9 #2 Canfield Cardinals (12-1) at Euclid Community Stadium

I empathize with you. Fans of two Parma parochials were force to travel to Maple Hts. Friday at rush hour with the added benefit of getting wanded for weapons upon entry when a perfectly fine facility was 1 and 3 miles from our respective schools.
  8. R

We needed expanded playoffs for Covid with cancellations. Reduce it now.

Yes, I've agreed with you and @BlueDevil2022 on this point several times. Harbins ARE a good predictor of the Top 4 and are a logical way to go with good, proven predictor of winners. For us purists, it puts more emphasis on the regular season, too. For those whose biggest concern is about...
  9. R

We needed expanded playoffs for Covid with cancellations. Reduce it now.

So which 8 would you propose limiting the playoff berths to? Your same data set shows that Harbins are a poor gauge for slots 7 and 8 as more 10s beats 7s and more 9s beat 8s. I don't disagree with trimming back from 16, but Harbins have been proven to oick the best 4-6 but not best 8.
  10. R

D II State Semi-Final: Massillon (12-1) vs Archbishop Hoban (13-1)

If it doesn't make much a difference, the OHSAA always choose to maximize the inconvenience.
  11. R

D3 Region 10

You nailed it. Games was over after the first quarter. Padua was totally unprepared and made mental mistakes. Holy Name scored the first 35 points without throwing a pass and without a penalty. They were ready, Padua was not.
  12. R

D3 Region 10 Championship Padua (8-5) vs Holy Name (10-2)

Congrats to both Parma parochials for making it a rematch in the R3 finals. Two quality programs with one earning a state semi opportunity. Lots to be proud of for both win or lose. Only wish this could be at Byers. #GoBruins
  13. R

2022 Regional Final Neutral Sites

It's going to be a hoot with all those folks from Massillon and Hartville trying to get from I77 and Pleasant Valley going West to Ridge Road and then North to Byers. 12-15 traffic lights? It's brutal any night at 5pm. Half the crowd from the two Parma parochials could've walked to the game.
  14. R

Is it time to get rid of Neutral site games in playoffs?

While also sending two other teams 4 miles apart and 1 and 3 miles from Byers about 30 minutes away. Ridiculous is being generous.
  15. R

So why does any of that become a Cuyahoga County, specifically Parma, problem? Let's call it was it is. Seems obvious the decision to host Massillon vs. Lake at Byers instead of Holy Name vs. Padua (1 and 3 miles from Byers) was made solely to accommodate Massillon's huge fan base. Now we've...
  16. R

Do You see a Few potential mismatches in the Regional Finals?

Holy Name beat Padua in last year's Regional Semi on the last play of the game and in this year's Week 1 opener by 5 points. Padua is not a typical #10 seed this year sporting the 8th toughest SOS. Admittedly, Padua laid an egg, two, or three with NoRo, HN, and Salem all winnable games that they...
  17. R

I'd rather see Padua travel to NoRo to play on Holy Name's home field than Maple Hts. for sure.
  18. R

The Miz (WWE) went to Normandy but I don't think he played football.
  19. R

Agreed. If clear but cold, I think possibly 6,000 - 8,000 at Byers based on what you said and some family anecdotes. One son-in-law of mine is a Padua alum as is his father, sister, and uncle. They were all in for Byers as was my daughter's best friend, also a 20-something alum. They weren't at...
  20. R

Fine, and I can accept that, so why not put Massillon vs. Lake in Brunswick which holds 10,000? For a mere 1,000 more in capacity, the schedulers at OHSAA sent two Parma schools across the river on I480 at rush hour to Maple Hts. instead of letting them play 1 and 3 miles from their schools...