Region 20 Championship: (2) Milton Union (13-0) vs (1) Valley View (12-1) @ Piqua

who will win

• Milton Union

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Valley View

Votes: 35 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means nothing to you. Again, if roles were reversed, we'd be reading about how the Spartans are going to trounce MU. Since when did schedule strength win games?
I'm expecting a war and it's just what these kids are hungry for.
Milton knows Valley View's identity as well...🤫
Now you know I’ve been on here as long as you have and I respect your opinions on football. I remember you asked me to sit with you at valley view Milton game but I couldn’t get off from work. Now I never said Milton will lose I just said Valley view is a much better team now from that first game. Now I think Milton will win but so can valley view. Either way I’m rooting for either team in the next round

As a Milton resident that was born and raised in the Massillon area for 20 years, I’m choosing to take this as meaning we’re extremely passionate and supportive of our team, and nothing else that it could insinuate, good or bad!
Just making sure. I know Massillon fans get a bad rap on here.

Don’t get how that’s fair for Valley View and their fans but oh well.
19 miles for Milton. 45 miles for VV. Can’t believe that no where else was available. Not saying that it isn’t a great venue but the state couldn’t find anywhere that is a little more equal. Maybe the state needs to offer more incentives for teams hosting playoff games.

19 miles for Milton. 45 miles for VV. Can’t believe that no where else was available. Not saying that it isn’t a great venue but the state couldn’t find anywhere that is a little more equal. Maybe the state needs to offer more incentives for teams hosting playoff games.
Totally agree. I don't think this will deter any GTown folks at all though

VV fans have been through this before in the playoffs. I remember Brock Bolen's senior year we played Newark Licking Valley somewhere north of Columbus. It was less then a half hour drive for them, 2 hours for VV. Spartan fans will be there! Hopefully in front of a huge crowd!

I remember making that drive, and what a good game that was!
VV fans have been through this before in the playoffs. I remember Brock Bolen's senior year we played Newark Licking Valley somewhere north of Columbus. It was less than a half hour drive for them, 2 hours for VV. Spartan fans will be there! Hopefully in front of a huge crowd!

Piqua is a great site for this game. I would think VV would travel four hours to play MU again for the biggest redemption of all, so a 45 minute to one hour drive ain't a big deal and in the words of my grandkids...RIGHT????. Looking back to week 2, it was 78 degrees at kick off and this Friday it should be around 28 degrees. Global warming (global warning)...nope, its called weather...its cold in late fall and winter, it is finally football weather.

Both teams seem to have coasted through the first three weeks of the playoffs and my very early pick for this regional final was VV, though I may have underestimated the bite of the Bulldogs. However, I will stick with my pick and give the edge to the Spartans 31-28 in what should be the best game of the night in the state.

I plan to do the first half in Dawg country, the second half in Sparty land and just enjoy two quality teams going at it on a great Ohio Friday night. Best of luck to both teams.

Piqua is a great site for this game. I would think VV would travel four hours to play MU again for the biggest redemption of all, so a 45 minute to one hour drive ain't a big deal and in the words of my grandkids...RIGHT????. Looking back to week 2, it was 78 degrees at kick off and this Friday it should be around 28 degrees. Global warming (global warning)...nope, its called weather...its cold in late fall and winter, it is finally football weather.

Both teams seem to have coasted through the first three weeks of the playoffs and my very early pick for this regional final was VV, though I may have underestimated the bite of the Bulldogs. However, I will stick with my pick and give the edge to the Spartans 31-28 in what should be the best game of the night in the state.

I plan to do the first half in Dawg country, the second half in Sparty land and just enjoy two quality teams going at it on a great Ohio Friday night. Best of luck to both teams.
Both have sterling traditions, MU's goes back to the 40s and Valley View's is marked with 3 State Titles.
Two greats from two eras.
Best of luck.

although piqua is far from vv compared to mu, i am excited about this venue, stadiums for d5 do not get much better than this for regional finals. really nice stadium
It just seems to me that Northmont would have been the logical choice15-20 mins from VV and 10 mins from West Milton🏈

can you name the Stadiums that are around VV that can offer the type of stadium like what Piqua has..... great place to play a game!!!

can you name the Stadiums that are around VV that can offer the type of stadium like what Piqua has..... great place to play a game!!!
Miamisburg, Kettering. No track you are literally on the field like a college game. Pretty sure there is an eight lane track around Piqua field. Plus you tell me those stands will be filled to capacity? I’d rather play at a venue where the stands are packed and there are rows of people standing to watch the game. What an atmosphere instead of seeing stands half full

Miamisburg, Kettering. No track you are literally on the field like a college game. Pretty sure there is an eight lane track around Piqua field. Plus you tell me those stands will be filled to capacity? I’d rather play at a venue where the stands are packed and there are rows of people standing to watch the game. What an atmosphere instead of seeing stands half full
just asking do those venues host playoff games?

How about Wright State University? 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.