SWO Regionals

Clearly those commenting have no idea how offside is called. I don't have a dog in this fight, however I wanted to watch a good match. The officiating was terrible and ruined the game.
I think I have a clue on how offsides works having a Son that played HS soccer and a daughter that played HS and college soccer, so I have an idea on what to watch. I will agree with you that the reffing in this game was very questionable!

Seton is my only surprise. Good for them, but MND has had their number and absolutely crushed them last outing. Losing Kohl's to an ACL hurts them a lot but I still think MND is too much for Seton. But it would be a great story for the Westsiders. We will see who on MND is going to take Kohl's place next year in Saturday's game. I have been an outspoken Summit fan all year for good reason it shows, they are a great team and Sievering has had another great season. But you can’t ignore Waynesville's perfect record and Erbach. They moved to D2 after winning State D3 last year and if anything they are better now than before. 5-1 vs Granville is a true statement win. CCDS is just another level in D3 and while Alter is Alter, CCDS is too well rounded and just extremely well coached with some great playmakers. The Zimmerman sisters are a tough matchup, and Farris is most likely to win the MVC player of the year with the season she's had.

MND 2/Seton 0
Waynesville 3/Summit 1
CCDS 3/Alter 0

Seton is my only surprise. Good for them, but MND has had their number and absolutely crushed them last outing. Losing Kohl's to an ACL hurts them a lot but I still think MND is too much for Seton. But it would be a great story for the Westsiders. We will see who on MND is going to take Kohl's place next year in Saturday's game. I have been an outspoken Summit fan all year for good reason it shows, they are a great team and Sievering has had another great season. But you can’t ignore Waynesville's perfect record and Erbach. They moved to D2 after winning State D3 last year and if anything they are better now than before. 5-1 vs Granville is a true statement win. CCDS is just another level in D3 and while Alter is Alter, CCDS is too well rounded and just extremely well coached with some great playmakers. The Zimmerman sisters are a tough matchup, and Farris is most likely to win the MVC player of the year with the season she's had.

MND 2/Seton 0
Waynesville 3/Summit 1
CCDS 3/Alter 0

First time seeing Seton play last night and i was very impressed with how they controlled the ball and passed. Very young team that i think will get over the Hump against MND without Kohls. 2-0 or 2-1 Saints.

MND has the trap figured out and the one team I think that can slow down Setons potent attack. With Seton playing a high line/offside trap, this keeps teams in the game.

MND 2
Seton 1

Waynesville 2 *Wins State
Summit 1

CCD 2 *Wins State
Alter 0

MND has the trap figured out and the one team I think that can slow down Setons potent attack. With Seton playing a high line/offside trap, this keeps teams in the game.

MND 2
Seton 1

Waynesville 2 *Wins State
Summit 1

CCD 2 *Wins State
Alter 0

Agree on MND.
Agree with winner of Waynesville & Alter games will probably win state, Agree with Waynesville pick, Think Alter might surprise CCD

Alter 1-0

The goal i
I was there too and Milford was legit offsides all night as they were on their second goal. #15 should’ve gotten her 2nd yellow for tripping a girl in the 2nd half. Great game, both teams should be very proud!
Video of the goal is on Milfords social media page. If you think it's offside Elk is right, you don't know what offside is.

Post the link George and if i'm wrong i will admit it.
Link?? It's on their Instagram page..youre wrong. If you mistook that for offside then you don't know how the offside rule works. It's not even close. There is a Seton player standing at the 20 keeping the player that scored onside by several yards. I am looking forward to you admitting you don't know what offside is though.

Link?? It's on their Instagram page..youre wrong. If you mistook that for offside then you don't know how the offside rule works. It's not even close. There is a Seton player standing at the 20 keeping the player that scored onside by several yards. I am looking forward to you admitting you don't know what offside is though.
I saw the video and from my view point in the stands it definitely looked off sides to me, but i was wrong. Keep looking forward if that's what excites you, George!

MND 2/Seton 0
Waynesville 3/Summit 1
CCDS 3/Alter 0
Hey EC, since you (proudly) remind us above of your being an “outspoken Summit fan all year”, please also remind us of your “outspoken” disparaging comments and predictions towards the GGCL all year (while taking shots at both soccer and academic quality) . . . .

Clearly those commenting have no idea how offside is called. I don't have a dog in this fight, however I wanted to watch a good match. The officiating was terrible and ruined the game.
Elksone, first and foremost, thanks for the in-game updates. Those were awesome! Fact-checkers, however, may quibble with, or least have questions with respect to, your claim of having no dog in the fight. In another thread, you lauded Loveland’s coach after stating that he coached your son. Does that mean you have an ECC bias? Maybe or maybe not . . . . Maybe your kid(s) went to ECC or comparable public school, such that you have an inherent bias? I don’t know, but certainly don’t know enough to concede that you “don’t have a dog in this fight”.

In any event, Seton has played more aggressively in the back (by pushing up) than any team I’ve seen over last 2 years. That courageous style will innately lead to more offsides calls than usual, including some that are questionable (and even wrong) given the difficulty in officiating that style of play at this level. You claiming it was simply terrible officiating lacks understanding and nuance, seems to unfairly criticize the officials, and, dare I say, comes off as bitter for someone who supposedly has no dog in the fight . . . .

Hey EC, since you (proudly) remind us above of your being an “outspoken Summit fan all year”, please also remind us of your “outspoken” disparaging comments and predictions towards the GGCL all year (while taking shots at both soccer and academic quality) . . . .
Dearest Vetterhead,

Quite honestly you have been so tractable during this GGCL exchange I feel like a bully continuing the discussion. So I'll make it quick as somehow things have been lost in translation. I never took shots at the academic quality of the schools. I simply, in what I was hoping was relatable terms, showed you how there is no discernable split between the suburban schools and the GGCL's. There is a slight differentiation between the GGCL's and the smaller private schools such as Summit, CCDS and Seven Hills (to the reward of the smaller ones) . But even that is diminutive at most levels. It was you touting the greater academic merits of the GGCL schools, not I the other way around.

Lastly you literally quoted my post where I give credit to Seton and SUA for their soccer seasons yet try to defer it in a negative connotation to me. My man, pull yourself together. If you think the GGCL has set themselves apart the last few years you may need to go review your vaunted results one more time with a slightly more judicious eye. But if it makes you feel better to make me a villain and thump your chest about the decision you made to send your kid to a certain school by all means, go ahead.

Sincerely,

The soccer poster that rules your psyche

Some really good matchups this weekend. Despite some inconsistent results, I actually think Seton has the highest ceiling on offense of any team I've seen this year. MND is too consistent though, and I like them to pull this out even without PK. MND 2-1.

Erbach is on another level. I will not pick against her. Waynesville over Summit, 2-0.

Winner of the D3 game probably wins state. I'll take CCD 2-1. But don't sleep on Alter.

Elksone ... you lauded Loveland’s coach after stating that he coached your son. Does that mean you have an ECC bias? ... Maybe your kid(s) went to ECC or comparable public school, such that you have an inherent bias?
So now you're taking potshots at Elksone? 🤦‍♂️
With fallacious arguments?

What does knowing the coach at one school have to do with influencing bias for another school (or all schools) within the same conference? Say what? You can't make that kind of absurd connection! Just from knowing a coach??? LMAO! Seems like 3rd-grade logic. "Knowing the coach" of a boys team at an unrelated school is one of the weakest reasons to pause and wonder if bias is involved, especially since we're not even talking about boys soccer!

The next comment takes the cake! You imply that anyone with kids in public schools - which BTW refers to 90% of the school-age population in Ohio - is likely to have an "inherent bias" against private schools? Get outta here with that nonsense! That's a desperate attempt using fuzzy logic to disparage an opinion you don't like...and it fails miserably! Get real! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Some really good matchups this weekend. Despite some inconsistent results, I actually think Seton has the highest ceiling on offense of any team I've seen this year. MND is too consistent though, and I like them to pull this out even without PK. MND 2-1.

Erbach is on another level. I will not pick against her. Waynesville over Summit, 2-0.

Winner of the D3 game probably wins state. I'll take CCD 2-1. But don't sleep on Alter.
MND will remain a tough out. Solid team, but they just don't impress me as much this year, with or without PK, compared to last season. Too many close matches. Plus Seton's offense is on fire. I'll pick the slight underdog here and go with Seton over MND, 2-1.

Agree about Erbach and some of her teammates. They are insane! I'll pick them over Summit as well, 3-1.

So now you're taking potshots at Elksone? 🤦‍♂️
With fallacious arguments?

What does knowing the coach at one school have to do with influencing bias for another school (or all schools) within the same conference? Say what? You can't make that kind of absurd connection! Just from knowing a coach??? LMAO! Seems like 3rd-grade logic. "Knowing the coach" of a boys team at an unrelated school is one of the weakest reasons to pause and wonder if bias is involved, especially since we're not even talking about boys soccer!

The next comment takes the cake! You imply that anyone with kids in public schools - which BTW refers to 90% of the school-age population in Ohio - is likely to have an "inherent bias" against private schools? Get outta here with that nonsense! That's a desperate attempt using fuzzy logic to disparage an opinion you don't like...and it fails miserably! Get real! :ROFLMAO:
Dude, you protest too much. You seriously needed 3 paragraphs for that gibberish?