Joe Eitel vs. OHSAA

aztecjim

I was looking at the Harbin Ratings from the OHSAA and Joe's fantastic site and noticed some discrepancies. Joe lists Bradford (season cancelled), Cincinnati Hillcrest, Cleveland East Technical, and Cleveland Collinwood whereas the OHSAA site does not. I tried to e-mail Joe but the link is broken. Is there an issue with the three other schools?

I was looking at the Harbin Ratings from the OHSAA and Joe's fantastic site and noticed some discrepancies. Joe lists Bradford (season cancelled), Cincinnati Hillcrest, Cleveland East Technical, and Cleveland Collinwood whereas the OHSAA site does not. I tried to e-mail Joe but the link is broken. Is there an issue with the three other schools?
Collinwood isn't an OHSAA team due to some issues previously. Not sure about East Tech or Hillcrest.

I believe the OHSAA does not list some teams who were not eligible for the playoffs last year. I would guess a team like Bradford is not listed as they cancelled their season, and can no longer play the required 8 regular season games to qualify for this year's playoffs. There is no harm in listing suchteams as long as it is realized they can not reach the playoffs even if in the top 16.

I believe the OHSAA does not list some teams who were not eligible for the playoffs last year. I would guess a team like Bradford is not listed as they cancelled their season, and can no longer play the required 8 regular season games to qualify for this year's playoffs. There is no harm in listing suchteams as long as it is realized they can not reach the playoffs even if in the top 16.
But in the end, I trust Joe.

Email Joe. Certainly his email is somewhere.

Is the 8 game minimum reinstated for 2022?
Not sure, but it is included in the 2022 Football Tournament Regulations. I've been wondering if it is on purpose or if the OHSAA missed it. Check rule 4.4.

Attachments

• 2022FootballTournamentRegulations.pdf
    209.7 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the info. East Tech won't play 8 games so they are out. What about JFK and Hillcrest? Both scheduled (at the moment) for at least eight games.