Cleveland Guardians

Exactly. He could have mixed in a salad or two and learned to play the field and it would have opened up a spot for Naylor at DH coming off of his injuries.
When he first signed with the Tribe, much was made initially of the fact that he had played minor league ball here with the Captains, and had married a local Painesville girl. Maybe she, or her mother, cooks a bit too well ?

Regardless, it seems like he screwed up what could be a great situation for a young man wanting to raise a family.

Last edited:
When he first signed with the Tribe, much was made initially of the fact that he had played minor league ball here with the Captains, and had married a local Painesville girl. Maybe she, or her mother, cooks a bit too well ?

Regardless, it seems like he screwed up what could be a great situation for a young man wanting to raise a family.
He's a guy that doesn't have a position, and that's OK.

As long as you can bat .280, and don't strike out so much.

Bad loss today season is over.The kids have hit the wall
Save the date, buddy! September 12.

1660503628629.png

I'm not one to blame the officials, but the crew last night struggled on a few calls (along with the replay guys in NY). I'm guessing Hedges gets a pretty decent fine from the league after his post-game comments.

Hedges should have stuck to commenting about that play at the plate. His rant about equality and that other stuff just sounded silly, at least to my ears.

I was at the game last night, good thing it wasn't a weekend game with beer flowing as the crowd was getting ugly even for a midweek date. They really need to start doing a NFL like explanation too after a review or an over turned call, if the Yankees or Red Sox had a game like this in a crucial series the ball park would have been an ugly place. Nobody in stands knew what was going on other than it seemed every reviewed/discussed call went against the Guardians.

In his MLB debut Monday night, Curry did not get a win. He remains 3 lifetime MLB wins behind Indian's legend Ryan Merritt.

I'm not one to blame the officials, but the crew last night struggled on a few calls (along with the replay guys in NY). I'm guessing Hedges gets a pretty decent fine from the league after his post-game comments.

You nailed it. Hedges fined an "undisclosed amount" by MLB.

My magic worked.
It's called the law of averages. It is the principle that that supposes most future events are likely to balance any past deviation from a presumed average. Translation, a team with .500 talent that loses 2 or 3 will likely win two or three to some back to the average. It is not triggered by online magic.

It's called the law of averages. It is the principle that that supposes most future events are likely to balance any past deviation from a presumed average. Translation, a team with .500 talent that loses 2 or 3 will likely win two or three to some back to the average. It is not triggered by online magic.
Brian's referring to his knack for calling the Guardians out on an "embarrassing loss" before the game is even over (then have them come back and win).

So can anyone explain why Straw was called out as the Padres' catcher blocked the plate yesterday?

And the Indians catcher got called for it the other day on what looked like a minor infraction?

So can anyone explain why Straw was called out as the Padres' catcher blocked the plate yesterday?

And the Indians catcher got called for it the other day on what looked like a minor infraction?
I haven't seen a video of the Padres' play, but I've seen a photo. Looks like the catcher may have blocked the plate while ALSO possessing the ball. That's permitted. What's not permitted (under the revised rule) is blocking the plate WITHOUT the ball.

I watched Hedges' play from several days ago. It's certainly "textbook" what I was taught when I played catcher. However, he IS blocking the plate WITHOUT the ball and the runner IS being denied access to the plate. Seems to me that the rule needs to be sent to some lawyers to nuance and rewrite it.