MVL 2022

Piqua beat Northmont 24-21, I wasn't there so I don't know anything about it.

As before mentioned I'm not going to the Piqua-Belmont game so I won't see Piqua until Week 2 vs West Carrollton unless they catch "Covid" again two days before the game. Either going to the Troy or Tipp City game, not sure yet.

Sidney outscored by CJ 28 TO 13 on Thursday. Jackets showed promise,need to develope depth on d-line,all 3 starters also start on off-line. Win the close games and I could see 6-4,give or take a game.

Saw Tipp@Anna on Friday.Tipp looked good, QB runs the offense very well,defense was sound,especially against the run,however this Anna team is no where close to past teams,especially their 2019 State Champion Team.

Read that Ouhl threw 3 touchdown passes for Piqua against Norhmont,let the games begin.

Piqua will be very difficult for the rest of the MVL to defend. Still have some work to do defensively but their offense should carry them this year. Lots of weapons.

Sidney outscored by CJ 28 TO 13 on Thursday. Jackets showed promise,need to develope depth on d-line,all 3 starters also start on off-line. Win the close games and I could see 6-4,give or take a game.

Saw Tipp@Anna on Friday.Tipp looked good, QB runs the offense very well,defense was sound,especially against the run,however this Anna team is no where close to past teams,especially their 2019 State Champion Team.

Read that Ouhl threw 3 touchdown passes for Piqua against Norhmont,let the games begin.
Wait what, Sidney got beat 28 to 13 by CJ. Sorry to say are defense couldn't stop there offense. CJ threw two deep passes. Scored on one of them.

I know I'm hard on are coaches but they can't adjust to a old school offense. DB's and safeties didn't know who to guard, the wing man or the TE. I don't know what scheme or what are inside LB's are told to do but they aren't following 2 to 4 guys pulling one way. The inside LBs creep up to close to the 3 down lineman. Are 3 down lineman stand straight up and get pushed back into the LBs.

I will admit the passing game looks a little better than what I thought it would. The buck sweep needs some work. The belly doesn't look bad. We have to throw the ball up to #2 once a quarter, he's a play maker so we have to take advantage of that.

Wait what, Sidney got beat 28 to 13 by CJ. Sorry to say are defense couldn't stop there offense. CJ threw two deep passes. Scored on one of them.

I know I'm hard on are coaches but they can't adjust to a old school offense. DB's and safeties didn't know who to guard, the wing man or the TE. I don't know what scheme or what are inside LB's are told to do but they aren't following 2 to 4 guys pulling one way. The inside LBs creep up to close to the 3 down lineman. Are 3 down lineman stand straight up and get pushed back into the LBs.

I will admit the passing game looks a little better than what I thought it would. The buck sweep needs some work. The belly doesn't look bad. We have to throw the ball up to #2 once a quarter, he's a play maker so we have to take advantage of that.
Agree with what you're saying, my thought is other than Piqua everyone else is beatable, every team has their issues. For Sidney to win they need to play consistent on defense, not allow the big play, which I admit is asking alot from Sidney's defense, and offensively get the ball to their receivers , preferably in space where they don't have to break four tackles to gain a yard. Have to see how it works with Doenges calling the defense and Coleman the offense.

On a side note Bellefontaine's soph QB was offered by Florida to go along with his Tennesee offer.

Heard Valley View handled Butler pretty well in their scrimmage. Let’s get some record predictions in before the season starts.
If Tipp beats Troy again this year, will it be safe to say that Tipp is the second best program in the conference behind Piqua?

Piqua 10-0
Tipp 8-2
Troy 7-3
Stebbins 6-4
Xenia 6-4
Sidney 5-5
Butler 4-6
West Carrollton 3-7
Greenville 1-9
Fairborn 0-10

Heard Valley View handled Butler pretty well in their scrimmage. Let’s get some record predictions in before the season starts.
If Tipp beats Troy again this year, will it be safe to say that Tipp is the second best program in the conference behind Piqua?

Piqua 10-0
Tipp 8-2
Troy 7-3
Stebbins 6-4
Xenia 6-4
Sidney 5-5
Butler 4-6
West Carrollton 3-7
Greenville 1-9
Fairborn 0-10
Piqua 10-0
Troy 7-3
Tipp 7-3
Sidney 6-4
Xenia 5-5
Butler 5-5
Stebbins 4-6
Butler 4-6
Greenville 3-7
Fairborn/WC 1-9

Piqua 10-0
Tipp 7-3
Troy 7-3
Xenia 6-4
Butler 6-4
Stebbins 5-5
Sidney 4-6
West
I think everyone has the same four in the middle. Xenia to Sidney is a toss up.

Good luck to all of your teams. I hope for a safe and injury free year for everyone. The best time of the year is here. Then its over way to fast.

Beating Troy a few times doesn't erase the many more than 3 seasons that Troy was better than Tipp. As a whole program Troy is still better, and will probably maintain that due to sheer numbers and likelihood of having better talent year in and year out.

Beating Troy a few times doesn't erase the many more than 3 seasons that Troy was better than Tipp. As a whole program Troy is still better, and will probably maintain that due to sheer numbers and likelihood of having better talent year in and year out.
Without Burgbacher, Troy is not a better program than Tipp. Especially in the last 20 years and if Tipp keeps beating them. There is no reason Troy should be losing to the smallest school in the conference, especially considering they have almost double the amount of boys than Tipp

Just finished watching the Piqua-Belmont game from Friday night. The defense has some work to do, to many missed tackles when you consider that Belmont threw exactly zero passes. I think the defense may keep some teams in some games this year. I was at the Tipp-Bellbrook game and I'm not concerned about the Red Devils. But looking at the scores, I'm interested in this Xenia team. Do they replay any of their games online that anyone knows of?

Just finished watching the Piqua-Belmont game from Friday night. The defense has some work to do, to many missed tackles when you consider that Belmont threw exactly zero passes. I think the defense may keep some teams in some games this year. I was at the Tipp-Bellbrook game and I'm not concerned about the Red Devils. But looking at the scores, I'm interested in this Xenia team. Do they replay any of their games online that anyone knows of?
Keep in mind Xenia did beat Beavercreek 34-14 last year and finished 6-5.

Keep in mind Xenia did beat Beavercreek 34-14 last year and finished 6-5.
What did you think of Sidney game on Friday? I just wanted to here someone else's opinion. I thought it was not very good. Bellefontaine ran the same off tackle play all night. As usual Sidney doesn't adjust. I can watch the coaches on the sidelines telling the players nothing on the defensive side. Doenges the D coordinator, well at least I thought he was, he stands there for about a minute, then walks away. The players watch the film and talk amongst themselves. The linebacker or DB coach stands by the TV and says little to nothing.

Very sad, the best receiver still comes off the field throwing his helmet down. Coach picks up his helmet and takes it to him and gives him a 2 minute it's ok poor baby talk. This team wasn't prepared for the season and Tipp city will run the same off tackle play all night long.

Xenia always seems to an interesting match up. They have solid athletes and the program is ran well. If you're not on your game that night they will beat you!

Tipp can’t compete with Piqua, but they can compete with Troy and Xenia. Let’s not forget, Bellbrook is a team who is probably going to go 9-1, so I don’t think 9-1 is out of the question for Tipp, but obviously Xenia and Troy will be dog fights

Tipp can’t compete with Piqua, but they can compete with Troy and Xenia. Let’s not forget, Bellbrook is a team who is probably going to go 9-1, so I don’t think 9-1 is out of the question for Tipp, but obviously Xenia and Troy will be dog fights
I only speak that it should be Troy and Piqua due to the size of those two schools. Tipp will be fine and likely challenge those two. Bellbrook will struggle with Monroe, Eaton, Valley View and Miamisburg. I think 8-2 is the best they can hope for.

Just looked at Bellbrook's schedule and honestly I'm thinking 6-4 or even 5-5 is possible. I don't know what Franklin has to offer. I don't know anything about Monroe or Eaton that Bless em all mentioned. Perhaps Tipp didn't do anything special on offense because they knew they didn't need too.

Coming into this season I thought Xenia would be a pretty solid team. I can see them giving Tipp and Troy pretty good games. Still not on Piquas level though (no one in the league is). Caught some of the west carrollton Burg game on YouTube. They gave up a ton of points in the second half (clearly overmatched ) but they seemed to fight hard. Also didn’t have a ton of penalties. Biggest surprise was them scoring 26 points. Last year their high score in a game was 14 points. Stebbins was off to a good start 15-0 at half before the game was called due to weather vs Aiken.

Troy is going to a problem this year. Yes Dunbar is not good but their offense is scary good. Going back to what they are good at and running the rock. They’ve got some play makers. The Dunbar score is deceiving. Number 1 because they could’ve put up 100 if they wanted to. They never punted either. And the points Dunbar put up was just Because I feel Troy was bored. No excuse though. In order to be a great team you have to be locked in Every play. Have to clean that up. But I can say even after 1 game Troy is back

Last edited:
Just looked at Bellbrook's schedule and honestly I'm thinking 6-4 or even 5-5 is possible. I don't know what Franklin has to offer. I don't know anything about Monroe or Eaton that Bless em all mentioned. Perhaps Tipp didn't do anything special on offense because they knew they didn't need too.
Eaton returns quite a bit from a playoff team last year that lost to McNich. Franklin got beat pretty badly by Fenwick, so the jury is out. Monroe is improving and they were pretty strong last year. I bet they would give Tipp a tough game as well. Overall, Bellbrook can finish 8-2, no way they beat Miamisburg, or they can collapse and finish 5-5. I think Bellbrook ran into a very strong and motivated Tipp team. Much will be ironed out this week vs. Miamisburg.

Looks like there are four decent teams in the conference. Tipp, Troy, Piqua and Xenia. Can someone beat Piqua to make it an interesting race?

Hey ButlerParent! Who are you blaming this year for the team's performance? Lol!
Northmont because they were the better team by far

What did you think of Sidney game on Friday? I just wanted to here someone else's opinion. I thought it was not very good. Bellefontaine ran the same off tackle play all night. As usual Sidney doesn't adjust. I can watch the coaches on the sidelines telling the players nothing on the defensive side. Doenges the D coordinator, well at least I thought he was, he stands there for about a minute, then walks away. The players watch the film and talk amongst themselves. The linebacker or DB coach stands by the TV and says little to nothing.

Very sad, the best receiver still comes off the field throwing his helmet down. Coach picks up his helmet and takes it to him and gives him a 2 minute it's ok poor baby talk. This team wasn't prepared for the season and Tipp city will run the same off tackle play all night long.
I didn't go, so thanks for sharing your thoughts. Doesn’t sound good. Tipp game was a blowout last year, may be a repeat. At least Greenville is coming up.

Troy is going to a problem this year. Yes Dunbar is not good but their offense is scary good. Going back to what they are good at and running the rock. They’ve got some play makers. The Dunbar score is deceiving. Number 1 because they could’ve put up 100 if they wanted to. They never punted either. And the points Dunbar put up was just Because I feel Troy was bored. No excuse though. In order to be a great team you have to be locked in Every play. Have to clean that up. But I can say even after 1 game Troy is back
Good for your Trojans, but man, are saying last three coaching staffs were wrong for running a modern offense? Kotwica and Siler would have been wasted in wing-t. Your Trojans sure seemed to win a lot of games with a spread.