2022 Division V Poll Voting Discussion (Preseason)

I think Ironton will be the big dog but I also like South Range, Milton-Union (who could go either way based on injuries), Preble Shawnee, and Ottawa Glandorf is very stout. Archbold is very good as well. I see a couple of issues with Ironton, mainly they have to avoid the cult of personality issues with the D1 kids. that’s a lot of D1 talent on a D5 team. Very impressive.
I think some people pick the most common names, which is what I typically do. It’s how teams like Carey get overlooked early on.

I think Ironton will be the big dog but I also like South Range, Milton-Union (who could go either way based on injuries), Preble Shawnee, and Ottawa Glandorf is very stout. Archbold is very good as well. I see a couple of issues with Ironton, mainly they have to avoid the cult of personality issues with the D1 kids. that’s a lot of D1 talent on a D5 team. Very impressive.
I think some people pick the most common names, which is what I typically do. It’s how teams like Carey get overlooked early on.
What do you think about Norwayne don’t think they will compete ? Just curious don’t see many people saying much about them since they switched to d5. I’m not sure many people know a lot about them

What do you think about Norwayne don’t think they will compete ? Just curious don’t see many people saying much about them since they switched to d5. I’m not sure many people know a lot about them
I do, they are a very good program that has had great success. I’m not sure about this year due to having less than normal intel. ?. I could see them top 4 very easy.

No shade ! I was just curious just haven’t seen anybody mentioning them lol . I’m not saying they will when the thing but I’d put them top 10 in d5 atm . I have a feeling if there line is top notch they could be top 4 with the experience back at qb and both running backs back. There runningback Jake gill not selected to play in the all American game this year in Florida .
I do, they are a very good program that has had great success. I’m not sure about this year due to having less than normal intel. ?. I could see them top 4 very easy.

My biggest coincern for Ironton is the schedule. Wheelersburg week 1 is a great game then Jackson week 2 which they beat on the last play and Johnson Central KY who I’ve heard is solid. However their league schedule is lackluster to say the least. Fairland will be the best in that league next to them and idk how close they really are

My biggest coincern for Ironton is the schedule. Wheelersburg week 1 is a great game then Jackson week 2 which they beat on the last play and Johnson Central KY who I’ve heard is solid. However their league schedule is lackluster to say the least. Fairland will be the best in that league next to them and idk how close they really are
Jackson and Wheelersburg are two very tough games for Ironton. They get passed those two and they have a very good shot at 10-0.

Jackson and Wheelersburg are two very tough games for Ironton. They get passed those two and they have a very good shot at 10-0.
Absolutely they will. The same as for Wheelersburg they have a much tougher schedule. Archbishop McNichols, Russell KY, and Ashland KY and Jackson all in the non conf. Regardless of what their record is from those games they will definitely be prepped for a deep playoff run

Absolutely they will. The same as for Wheelersburg they have a much tougher schedule. Archbishop McNichols, Russell KY, and Ashland KY and Jackson all in the non conf. Regardless of what their record is from those games they will definitely be prepped for a deep playoff run
No doubt.

What’s everyone think after week one ? Norwaynes offense looked very good
After 1 week it’s gotta be norwayne and south range so far then everyone else. Garaway isn’t going anywhere tho they’ll get it figured out but based off one week I got those 2 up top

Norwayne shot up my rankings a bit. Ashland is a decent D3 program that may be rebuilding a bit this year, but a nice win over a traditionally talented, bigger school. we will learn more about them in the coming weeks.

right now, Coldwater and South Range are the top 2, and it’s everybody else after that.

Waynesville is being overlooked. They just knocked off the defending D4 champs. SW Ohio is shaping up to be very strong. Milton-Union, Waynesville, Valley View, Northeastern are all playing as well as anyone in D5.

What does the talent for Minton Union look like up front? I have not yet had a chance to take in a scrimmage or their first game. Traditional Milton Union high level talent?