2022 Elder Football

how is a team supposed to warm up for a scrimmage? the kids weren't wearing their game #s or uniforms. they are allowed to save old game gear to use as practice/scrimmage gear. so elder wasn't doing individual position warm ups on the grass field before coming to the turf? seems kind of odd that elder reported to the field without warming up and went directly into team offense and defense? i thought i saw them actually punting, kicking, snapping? just saying as an impartial observer.

jtk
()

I agree. I find it hard to believe Elder didn't go through their normal pre game routine. Elder treated this as a game aside from the practice uniforms.

While Elder dominated this scrimmage, I am concerned about a couple things. There were a couple bad snaps that can't happen. Those are drive killers. The WRs did not get open as much as I'd like. The secondary did not get tested. I think Elder is very good, but the speed Moeller and Ed's has is different.

While Elder dominated this scrimmage, I am concerned about a couple things. There were a couple bad snaps that can't happen. Those are drive killers. The WRs did not get open as much as I'd like. The secondary did not get tested. I think Elder is very good, but the speed Moeller and Ed's has is different.
I’m not worried about the WRs not getting open. The Offense is as vanilla as it gets. We all know Re can make plays, just need to see who else will step up.

I think they’re going to need to make a change at Center. Maybe try the Sr James? I know it’s not his natural position but given his background, I feel confident in his ability to play any position on the OL with perfect technique.

7-3 is my prediction. Loss to Eds and Moe. Beat x and lasalle to go 2-1 in gcl.
There's honestly probably 5 toss up games though that could go either way. I think Ramsey and the staff would take a 7-3 regular season, then roll the dice in the playoffs.

Who are the starting corners going to be? I think that will be a major concern after having two really good ones last yr in Kammerer and Thomas who are both playing college ball.

The argument Oak Hills will say is the Catholic schools hurt OH, because they live in the district. They have a point. Imagine if the westside wasn't such a big Catholic area. Combine the best Oak Hills kids with the best Elder kids(that live in the district) and you have a really good team. The same could be said with Taylor.

All that said, there are plenty of kids in OH school district to field a decent team. The new coach is trying to build it. They need to give him 10 years.
There are enough in the district for a good team, but not at OHHS. It's not a coincidence that every west side public high school (that isn't Colerain) struggles immensely to field competitive football teams.

7-3 is my prediction. Loss to Eds and Moe. Beat x and lasalle to go 2-1 in gcl.
There's honestly probably 5 toss up games though that could go either way. I think Ramsey and the staff would take a 7-3 regular season, then roll the dice in the playoffs.
Agree with this.

Who are the starting corners going to be? I think that will be a major concern after having two really good ones last yr in Kammerer and Thomas who are both playing college ball.
I agree. And that’s what’s so often frustrating is Elder seems to be just 1-2 players away every yr from being a complete team. The Front 7 and Safeties are going to be really good, they just need one really solid Corner and one decent one to have one of the better Defenses in the City.

I agree. And that’s what’s so often frustrating is Elder seems to be just 1-2 players away every yr from being a complete team. The Front 7 and Safeties are going to be really good, they just need one really solid Corner and one decent one to have one of the better Defenses in the City.
Yea even if just one of Kammerer or Thomas returned that could've been huge. Hopefully someone steps up.

2 have actually switched to parochial schools. 2 at Bridgetown. I know it’s only 4 that I know of but they are very good all around athletes.
Thanks. I dislike the notion of students “belonging” to their local public high school—or parochial high school. Students and parents should be free to make the best decision for their family. Personally, I think that’s attending Elder. :banana:

Last edited:
Happy that the Panther head is back. The numbers still being there is something other schools in college and high school have done, think it works here. And the middle stripe is much, much better than the solid thick single stripe they've had the past few years. Blends the old helmet from the 90s/2000s to the most recent rendition in the 2010s. Very well done IMO.

They’re still in grade school? I know a current freshman at Elder, whose brother was a stud at LS, and he came from OH Middle schools.
heard he's been missing from practice? not sure where or what he's doing.

jtk
()

There are enough in the district for a good team, but not at OHHS. It's not a coincidence that every west side public high school (that isn't Colerain) struggles immensely to field competitive football teams.
Culture is so important. I don’t think a lot of fans appreciate how difficult it is to change a culture of a program, especially at the HS level.

As someone once said: culture is king.

And it’s even more difficult to change when losing becomes the identity of your program. To use an example from college, Brian Kelly will have an easier time changing the culture of LSU than Clark Lea will at Vanderbilt. LSU is coming off a few bad seasons, but has a recent history of success. Vandy has always been the worst program in the SEC, that’s who they are. That’s basically what Oak Hills has become.

heard he's been missing from practice? not sure where or what he's doing.

jtk
()
What Omar considers a “stud” probably not the same as what others think. Remember Omar had Hambleton as a D1 prospect.

What will Elder to get the snap situation figured out by Friday?

What Omar considers a “stud” probably not the same as what others think. Remember Omar had Hambleton as a D1 prospect.

What will Elder to get the snap situation figured out by Friday?
I debated with multiple people on here about that. He was never getting a D1 scholarship. He was a tough kid and made some great throws but he was not playing D1.

I debated with multiple people on here about that. He was never getting a D1 scholarship. He was a tough kid and made some great throws but he was not playing D1.
Most of those from this class that people projected as D1 (some as early as when they were still in grade school) simply didn't have the speed or size to even been seriously considered, except for Ramsey. Could they have been someone a coach took a chance on? Maybe, but they just didn't have the elite athleticism or skill needed to compete in college D1. It's why Kammerer is still playing - speed. It's why Re is getting small D1 looks - speed.

Very good high school players, but you'd much rather have players that dominate in grade 11 as opposed to grade 7.

Last edited:
Yea probably on the fringe. I don't think people realize how hard it is to be a D1qb. There are roughly 125 D1 programs. Maybe 5 qbs on each roster? You have to be outstanding at either size, arm strength, speed.
He was very good at some of those at a high end hs program, which is pretty damn good. Just not next level good. He will be just fine though enjoying the college life.