Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
Perry looked like they walked to Akron to play. Very uninspired play. No fire. Dropped passes, fumbled snaps, under thrown passes, arm tackling at times. Got beat 20-0 in 2 quarters. Really laid a big egg. SVSM came out like their hair was on fire. Perry played like they had cement shoes on at times. Better be mentally ready to play next Thursday!
Wow, your right they better come to play or it could get real ugly real fast, I believe Central has their QB and most of their skill players back

My Preseason first team all Federal League predictions

OFFENSE
QB Keaton Rode- McKinley
RB Luke Roach- Hoover
RB De'Andre Church- Perry
WR Cynceir McNeal- McKinley
WR Antonio Martin- Green
WR Ty Miller- Lake
OL Kolten Arnold- Jackson
OL Anthony Miller- Lake
OL Brad Kormanec- Hoover
OL Garret McCole- McKinley
OL Jack McAnview- Lake

DEFENSE
DL Brady Sullivan- Hoover
DL Isaiah Shackelford- GlenOak
DL Jayden Mauser- Jackson
LB Evan Brady- Lake
LB Luke Griguolo- Hoover
LB Jamaar Barsic- McKinley
LB- Matt Galemmo- Green
CB Ty Miller- Lake
CB Nate Baker- Lake
S Cynceir McNeal- McKinley
S Shawn Pirolozzi- McKinley

After looking back at last nights Perry scrimmage, there were some bright spots. At times the run defense was good, but you can’t be good for three downs, then give up 20 plus yard runs on several occasions. Joel Brown, is going to be a gem at one of the corners. The Panthers basketball player, who came out this year, covered the Irish’s D-1 WR like a wet blanket. He’s tall enough (6-2) can jump and has the speed to be a difference maker on both sides of the ball. He had a sure TD last evening after splitting a double team down the hash, but the ball was overthrown. On offense there were some positive runs, two big ones that were called back on holding calls. The pass blocking broke down to soon on several occasions that caused the QB to scramble, which he’s capable of doing well, but it’s tough to make up all yards needed, when you are behind the chains. The dropped passes were troubling, and would have continued drives, but are fixable.
The thing that bothered me more than the mistakes, was the lack of enthusiasm. Come out and be fired up. Have fun, slap your teammates on the butt when they make a good play. I don’t mean a lot guys jumping up and down is going to win games. There’s a difference between superficial enthusiasm and playing with passion. If your a leader, do so in the huddle. Tell the other 10 guys what’s not acceptable and get them in a positive mind set. Perry football is about attitude and effort, if your a senior or captain you need to instill that in your teammates every series.
I‘m not in panic mode, it’s to early for that, but want to see how they improve and come out and play this week.

Last edited:
Alliance is good and Hoover will struggle until they get something figured out. Baum had a good pool of talent the past 7 years. This will be a rebuilding year for Hoover.
What's also unfortunate for Hoover is that their star DE might be looking at a lengthy suspension. Another tough break for an already depleted roster. Not to mention, next year looks even bleaker for the Vikings.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Saw Lake and Hudson and I can just offer a few nipples, errr, nibbles of information from the outside:
-Hudson is pretty solid, their offense is going to cause a ton of problems because of how quickly they operate. Even with the clock running, they easily can get 4-5 plays off in a minute of actual time; making it very difficult on the defense to communicate, align properly and regroup.
-Lake definitely has some players on the field and can make some things happen, really good size on the lines, move well and aggressive.
-The two-headed monster at QB looks like they have 2 capable players there, but IMHO, # 6 is the man for the job for what I think they seem to be able to do best, run the ball. #6 threw a really nice deep ball for a TD and throws it nice on out routes as well, but he brings the weapon of a threat to run, and at 6'1", or maybe 6'2" and around 190, he can make holes for himself also. I like #3 as well, throws the ball really well on shorter slants, as he threw a coupel really nice ones with one going for the first score of the scrimmage. But I didn't see the ball being moved at all while #3 was in the fray except for the big plays. The offense appears to move and operate more smoothly with #6 in there and while not scoring each time, I think it looks more functional and moving the ball to change field position is what you need to do in tight games against good team that you face nearly each week in FL.
-IF they decide to go with #3 at QB, you HAVE to get #6 on the field at RB along with #22.....that would be 2 stud running backs in the game at one time and still having quality slot and wide outs that are either deep threats all the time or just quality route runners and receivers. THAT would make defensive coordinators lose sleep for even the week before playing Lake trying to prepare for defending the Streaks. For the life of me, I do not know why they would not want to use #6 for what he does best, run the ball.
-Overall, I think Lake can have a really nice season if they stay healthy and stay out of their own way and let the kids play.
Peace and Good Bourbon to all!!!!

Any news on how the Green scrimmage went?
Green won 14-0. They have 2 really good looking receivers in Antonio Martin and Jarret Taylor. Taylors height (6' 4") will give teams problems. Still are running the spread. Both QBs ( Manson and the Hoban transfer, Klockner) looked just Ok. Neither stood out to me. Manson was pretty good at running to avoid trouble where as Klockner rarley ran. Green threw an int and also had 2 fumbles after the catch. On defense, they looked small but fast. I think their LBs will be their strongest group on defense. Both OL and DL were typical Green lines.....both on the small side. I didnt catch the whole scrimmage, but this is what I observed. Also it doesn't look like Green has any kind of depth.

Green won 14-0. They have 2 really good looking receivers in Antonio Martin and Jarret Taylor. Taylors height (6' 4") will give teams problems. Still are running the spread. Both QBs ( Manson and the Hoban transfer, Klockner) looked just Ok. Neither stood out to me. Manson was pretty good at running to avoid trouble where as Klockner rarley ran. Green threw an int and also had 2 fumbles after the catch. On defense, they looked small but fast. I think their LBs will be their strongest group on defense. Both OL and DL were typical Green lines.....both on the small side. I didnt catch the whole scrimmage, but this is what I observed. Also it doesn't look like Green has any kind of depth.
Great to hear that the defense looked good.

McKinley’s qb looked really good. He threw the slant route and fade very well. He is also able to run. They have a receiver that will create matchup issues for most teams. The culture is changing, the coaching continues to improve and the young middle schoolers look to be excited to be future Bulldogs.
I just don’t see anyone really competing from the league. I think Lake will hang around for a half but McKinley has too much. The Massillon game will be a really good one this year.

McKinley’s qb looked really good. He threw the slant route and fade very well. He is also able to run. They have a receiver that will create matchup issues for most teams. The culture is changing, the coaching continues to improve and the young middle schoolers look to be excited to be future Bulldogs.
I just don’t see anyone really competing from the league. I think Lake will hang around for a half but McKinley has too much. The Massillon game will be a really good one this year.
How many returning starters to the bulldogs have back? What areas did they lose the most and what areas did they retain the most?

WEEK ONE FINAL SCORE PREDICTIONS

Perry 21 Central 17
GlenOak 27 Shaker Heights 14
Lake 34 Alliance 22
Jackson 24 Akron East 15
Green 34 Ellet 7
Mentor 35 McKinley 27
Buchtel 19 Hoover 17
I’m going:
Central 21 Perry 14
Glenoak 35 Shaker Heights 6
Lake 42 Allaince 14
Akron East 28 Jackson 14
Green 35 Ellet 0
Mentor 28 McKinley 21
Buchtel 21 Hoover 7

I know it’s early, but I am not hearing good things on the Perry, Jackson, and Hoover sides. Jackson getting whooped like they did against Walsh is not good. I know Walsh is supposed to be good, but wasn’t it 35-0 in a half?? At least that’s what I heard.

I know it’s early, but I am not hearing good things on the Perry, Jackson, and Hoover sides. Jackson getting whooped like they did against Walsh is not good. I know Walsh is supposed to be good, but wasn’t it 35-0 in a half?? At least that’s what I heard.
My guess is they'll be better than those showings, but Jackson and Hoover getting beat a combined 65-0 in their first scrimmages doesn't bode well. Week 10 basement bowl? Jackson in particular has chosen not to play defense for 10 years.

My guess is they'll be better than those showings, but Jackson and Hoover getting beat a combined 65-0 in their first scrimmages doesn't bode well. Week 10 basement bowl? Jackson in particular has chosen not to play defense for 10 years.
I agree 100% with your last statement. Tim Budd called his own plays and always put a good offense on the field. So now you basically push Budd away and replace him with his DC who has never really had a good defense? It also makes me laugh when I read or hear the now HC say we are bringing Jackson football back along with the physicality. Under Budd, this was the best time in Jackson football history. I root for all Federal teams, but something just stinks about Budd resigning (pushed out) and his DC taking over.

I agree 100% with your last statement. Tim Budd called his own plays and always put a good offense on the field. So now you basically push Budd away and replace him with his DC who has never really had a good defense? It also makes me laugh when I read or hear the now HC say we are bringing Jackson football back along with the physicality. Under Budd, this was the best time in Jackson football history. I root for all Federal teams, but something just stinks about Budd resigning (pushed out) and his DC taking over.
This is exactly what I've wondered about. There was nothing wrong with Jackson being a finesse team. It's a good identity for them. Some definite great offenses that periodically embarrassed some good opponents. I'll reserve judgment until the East game. As far as I'm aware, they do return a decent number of starters?

Be careful or Mr. Bailey will come on here to defend his honor again. Haha

Look the JFA board wanted Rohr, they pushed out Budd and that's it. The admin got caught with their pants down because they had no idea and went with it.

I hope Jackson is successful but it was shady the way it all went down. I bet Rohr would even admit he was comfortable with how it happened if you asked him in private.

But that is all over now and the show goes on. So onto this year.

Good thing it was just a scrimmage and they can work out the issues.

I think they can still have a solid season and I think it'll take time for the Offense to click with a new system

And hopefully they improve week to week.

Also surprised hoover has had those rough of a go of it in the preseason.

Last edited: