2022 Division V Poll Voting Discussion (Preseason)

Anybody know how Fairland or Preble Shawnee will be this year? I know last year were very good seasons for the program and wonder how they are doing with returning players. it'll also be hard to rank Fairland since they got bumped up from 6 last year.

Shawnee should be very good, returning a strong nucleus of their team from 2021. They should challenge for their league title.

1. Ironton
2. Wheelersburg
3. Coldwater
4. Garaway
5. Milton Union
6. Archbold
7. South Range
8. Elmwood
9. Eastwood
10. Ottawa Glandorf * Loss of Collin White drops them a little

Still keeping an eye on teams like Valley View, Ridgewood, and Preble Shawnee

Tried to be as fair as I could

1. Ironton
2. Wheelersburg
3. Coldwater
4. Garaway
5. Milton Union
6. Archbold
7. South Range
8. Elmwood
9. Eastwood
10. Ottawa Glandorf * Loss of Collin White drops them a little

Still keeping an eye on teams like Valley View, Ridgewood, and Preble Shawnee

Tried to be as fair as I could
Very fair.

1. Coldwater - D5 has a lot of firepower this year… But Coldwater is the Baba Yaga until unseated.
2. Ironton - Wants all the smoke.
3. Garaway - Ought to be the stingiest D in the division.
4. Wheelersburg - Got everything they need… It’s August folks.
5. Archbold - I mean… could be scary
6. Norwayne - Best backfield in D5 this year? Big tests looming.
7. South Range - We’ll see if there’s any drop off this year.
8. Milton Union - Lottttt of firepower in D5. Look what do you want?
9. Eastwood - Unless I’m thinking of Elmwood? Or, if Slusser got a QB, Ridgewood? <- Insert Wood here.
10. Preble Shawnee - Only because I thought they were young last year……

If so, this would be the first time MU and Coldwater locked horns. I'm guessing we would get the winner of 17 vs. 19 at state final. I'm getting way ahead of myself here. The Dogs have to get through Valley View, Oakwood, Troy Christian, Riverside before that happens. They have the talent to do it, but they have to stay healthy and avoid mental breakdowns. Weeks 2-3 will be very big for MU. Oakwood is now Div 3. Nice harbins if they can knock off the Jacks.

1. Coldwater
2. South Range
3. Wheelersburg
4. Garaway
5. Harvest Prep
6. Ironton
7. Eastwood
8. Milton Union
9. Archbold
10. Ottawa Glandorf

Preble Shawnee, Ridgewood, Valley View, Elmwood all knocking on the door.

my final 4: Coldwater vs Milton Union, Garaway vs Wheelersburg

Coldwater over Wheelersburg for the title

South Range and Garaway are even in my opinion. either team could go the distance. i’m picking Garaway because it seems like they’re due for a big year.

How far would South Range /Garaway vs Ironton ?
about 4 to Garaway, 5 to South Range

Milton Union to Ironton is 3 hours

Coldwater to Garaway is 3.5, to South Range is 4

so in conclusion, Ironton and South Range are isolated from every other part of the state. no game is close, but that’s why we have neutral sites!

Ironton and South Range playing a neutral game in let’s say, Zanesville, is still going to be closer for Ironton than playing the state title in Canton

from what is being thrown around in the river area of the state is that Ironton is loaded at multiple positions, transfers coming in from Huntington WV, Ashland KY that are expected make impacts, also a returning player who sat out last season that is committed to Cincinnati. As far as Wheelersburg I haven’t heard a whole lot. They do return what I believe is a stud back in Lattimore, and hips brother is a speedster at receiver. The Burg will be the Burg and they will find a groove. Eager for week 1 as both teams play. That playoff game last year was electric

These jamboree games aren’t that important outside of where the weak spots are before week 1. Eastwood is a good program, so that doesn’t shock me. Archbold will be fine, I’m sure.

1. Canfield South Range
2. Coldwater
3. Garaway
4. Wheelersburg
5. Ironton
6. Eastwood
7. Harvest Prep
8. Ottawa Glandorf
9. Archbold
10. Elmwood

So no Region 20 teams…Milton, Valley View, Preble Shawnee?
I didn't even realize it to be honest. But those teams you mentioned would have been in my next 10 teams if not my next 5 teams.
Have been super busy with work this year working 6 PM to 10 AM, 6 days a week, so I didn't do any research like I normally do on who returns what.

I think it's Ironton. Then I think it's Coldwater out of deference to the program and conference. Then it's a pack of 5-6 teams.