2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little late getting there tonight, but from what I saw, our freshmen scored once and held Buchtel scoreless.
I believe that I missed a series for each team however.
The starting running back for us was in a boot and on crutches, so he obviously didn't play.
Trayonn is the starting RB correct?

You guys act like the people who are voicing their concerns following the scrimmage (anyone with a brain who watched that scrimmage walked out of PBTS with some concerns) are being dramatic but are being even more dramatic with your responses.
Bro imo I really don't have any concerns I mean it's August I guess that's because I'm a coach and I understand everything might not look good right now but just because you don't look too good in August don't mean you can't be holding the trophy up come December everything comes and due time yes I will agree with you Avon look pretty good but who's to say Avon might not get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs you never know you know what I mean I think we'll be fine

Bro imo I really don't have any concerns I mean it's August I guess that's because I'm a coach and I understand everything might not look good right now but just because you don't look too good in August don't mean you can't be holding the trophy up come December everything comes and due time yes I will agree with you Avon look pretty good but who's to say Avon might not get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs you never know you know what I mean I think we'll be fine
If you don’t have any concerns that’s fine. My concerns have only been with the O line being ready for Moeller as they haven’t shown that they are ready for that, YET.

I’m pretty sure I’ve been clear that it’s not time to panic or that they can’t improve over the course of the season. My opinion has only been revolving around winning the Moe game. I think some people just put blinders on when they see something they deem as derogatory and interpret it as they see fit.

Also, we are all allowed to have our own opinions. This is America still, correct?

Either Buchtel is huge or we look small. What's it look like if the sky is falling? 7 to 2 Tigers. 8 min into game condition 2nd quarter.

There is a lot to clean up. And nope still no blocking on the run plays by our WR’s. Now the talent is absolutely out there. I have no doubts about that. Like I said we need Jones and Bond back and we will get them back most likely week 2. We were without Lenix and our 3 top safeties. But all that said that wasn’t my concern. We had way too many penalties again on simple things. False starts etc… so where is the discipline? Avon barely had any penalties. I don’t think Avon has near the talent Massillon has. But they were disciplined. They were ready to play. They looked sharp for a first scrimmage. I don’t understand why we weren’t? And last I’ll take the discipline a step further, we had guys all over the place on the sidelines. I don’t know how many times we had a coach trying to find a guy to rotate in because they were off talking to someone in the stands or just way away from the team. That right there shows me that you aren’t ready to go when you’re number is called. Discipline and being focused on what we needed to do today to get better was again a problem today. I try not to get to crazy over a scrimmage but I seen a team across from us today who’s been to the state semi finals 5 years in a row look the way I expect our Tigers to look. Very disappointing and I’m blaming most on the head coach.
Many posters have mentioned that Massillon is very talented. But talent alone does not win state titles. And I know that's what Massillon shoots for every year. Hard work, team chemistry, on field communication, DISCIPLINE, heart, fundamentals, execution, focus, etc.. the intangibles. It sounds like they may not have the intangible ingredients it takes. But.... 1.) it is early. 2.) it was only a scrimmage. 3.) Avon is no joke.
After reading all of this, it makes it hard for me want to drive 2 1/2 hours one way to see them play Moeller. So I'm looking at 2 other games instead. But it's all about staying healthy and peaking at the end. Just 1 mans humble opinion.

Many posters have mentioned that Massillon is very talented. But talent alone does not win state titles. And I know that's what Massillon shoots for every year. Hard work, team chemistry, on field communication, DISCIPLINE, heart, fundamentals, execution, focus, etc.. the intangibles. It sounds like they may not have the intangible ingredients it takes. But.... 1.) it is early. 2.) it was only a scrimmage. 3.) Avon is no joke.
After reading all of this, it makes it hard for me want to drive 2 1/2 hours one way to see them play Moeller. So I'm looking at 2 other games instead. But it's all about staying healthy and peaking at the end. Just 1 mans humble opinion.
Massillon will be fine, come November. The Moeller game will be tough, though. Iron sharpens iron, of course, so it will ultimately benefit the newer starters and contributors.

Good thing about the two showings thus far is that the expectation is pretty low going into the season. So if we don't get blown out by Moe on Friday, we can spin it as a moral victory. We'll see that's why they play the game after all. Go Tigers!

Status
Not open for further replies.