2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Not looking forward to the season in Carlisle. Something needs to change. Not a lot of talent in the program right now. I know we have an 8th grader that will shine when his time comes. But we have nothing now. No depth or talent. Very frustrating. Another down year for the Indians.
Is this tha voice in disguise?

Sorry you feel this way, I have to disagree with your statement. I didn’t see you at the scrimmages on Saturday? Where was you at? And yes I know who you are. They have a lot of talent from a skill position and will compete with like wise schools. The Swbl is a tough conference for the small schools of Carlisle and Madison to compete in. The Indians realistically will be 5-5 this year. Odd enough to say Franklin and Monroe are two big schools and Carlisle kept both games last year to a one possession game. If your not happy with the program and direction of team then might want to leave and go back to Shawnee. Taking shots at the team and kids talking about talent is not going to go over well. I’m not a Carlisle grad I moved there and raised my family. But with that being said coach clod has done a really nice job in the amount of time he has been there. Might not like the offense at times but he is instilling more than football in our kids

Screenshot 2022-08-10 092255.jpg

Last edited:
So any Franklin people know why their starting Qb all off season was at Carlisle practice today? Im hearing he is trying to transfer. Dont know how this will work out with him being a Senior. Just curious if something has changed at Franklin? I saw him at 7v7 @ Northmont and kid looked really good.

So any Franklin people know why their starting Qb all off season was at Carlisle practice today? Im hearing he is trying to transfer. Dont know how this will work out with him being a Senior. Just curious if something has changed at Franklin? I saw him at 7v7 @ Northmont and kid looked really good.
Only way he can transfer without sitting out is if he lived in Carisle and open enrolled at Franklin.

Is Talawanda entering the SWBL for the 2023 season? I've heard rumors they are coming with Ross and Edgewood, but nothing official and feel like they would announce it ASAP if it is taking effect the following school year. Any word?

Is Talawanda entering the SWBL for the 2023 season? I've heard rumors they are coming with Ross and Edgewood, but nothing official and feel like they would announce it ASAP if it is taking effect the following school year. Any word?
they won’t receive an invite until they either find a 4th team to go with them, or an existing school decides to leave the league

I spoke to a Franklin player, and he tells me that this kid has left the program

It’s not going to change Carlisle’s offense much if any. They pound the ball 95% of the time. I can see a potential 7-3 or 5-5 record. It’s definitely a tough schedule but there are definitely some winnable games there.

It’s not going to change Carlisle’s offense much if any. They pound the ball 95% of the time. I can see a potential 7-3 or 5-5 record. It’s definitely a tough schedule but there are definitely some winnable games there.
Clodfelter always tends to overachieve it seems like

I would agree. After what they did to Reading last year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least one upset win during the season. We had Monroe on their heals last year with about 1 min left and got beat.

Carlisle will shock many this year. I wouldn’t say league champs, but they will shock. I predict they only lose 3. Monroe, Valley View and Eaton. Franklin is a toss-up.

Harrison???
no. they’re in the far southwest corner of the state. the travel only makes partial sense for half of the league. imagine driving from Brookville to Harrison on a school night for junior high basketball?

Talawandas best chance at getting an invite is either madison leaving for the WOAC or Waynesville leaving for the SBAAC