Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

Their line should be much improved but will be breaking in a new QB so who knows. Their brutal schedule and bump up to D2 will make it even more challenging to make some noise this season
I missed seeing new QB at Dublin 7 v 7 as weather canceled event early. Is the new QB the kid who came in 4th quarter vs Watterson last year and delivered the comeback?

I heard Watterson very solid in first scrimmage versus Westerville North, Lancaster and Marion franklin. I believe they scored 7 TDs and only gave up 1! Let me know if anyone was there and what you saw!

Hartley has manipulated male enrollment and what tier each player on their roster is
If the Hawks hadn't invented St Charles, the hallways of Zettler would be full of dorks wanting to play on the quidditch team and adding useless numbers to enrollment. I feel good about contributing to the take-away-the-nerds fund that was used to open Chucks and ensure all the non-athletic kids went to the all-male college preparatory school on the east side of town. This well thought out manipulation ensures that we get all the playaz and they get all the prayaz.

Man why is Watty playing Centennial?
I actually think it makes sense. They need to build their program to be a consistent winner and this is a way to do it. A few years back they were scheduling Jerome, Orange, and Benedictine. That’s over their head. Even if you take a look at their schedule during the “glory years” it wasn’t anything crazy. Heavy on the Dayton and Columbus City schools.

I actually think it makes sense. They need to build their program to be a consistent winner and this is a way to do it. A few years back they were scheduling Jerome, Orange, and Benedictine. That’s over their head. Even if you take a look at their schedule during the “glory years” it wasn’t anything crazy. Heavy on the Dayton and Columbus City schools.
Centennial had 16 bodies in pads, and five kids wearing street clothes, tonight.

I get trying to get some confidence builders on the schedule, but this (although through no personal fault of Watty I suppose) is going to be brutal.

Centennial had 16 bodies in pads, and five kids wearing street clothes, tonight.

I get trying to get some confidence builders on the schedule, but this (although through no personal fault of Watty I suppose) is going to be brutal.
Yeah I watched the Centennial Watty game last year. Similar numbers for Centennial. Turnover on downs and a whole new set of 11 comes in for Watty….Centennial just stays on the field and flips sides. Not much of a match

Saw that Dan Bjelac is on the staff for Ready this year.
Surely not for his offensive genius. In his final years at Watty he had state qualifying sprinters but still insisted on running right up the middle against 8 in the box. Don’t often see a smash mouth 1 yard and a cloud of dust offense with record setting track athletes.

Surely not for his offensive genius. In his final years at Watty he had state qualifying sprinters but still insisted on running right up the middle against 8 in the box. Don’t often see a smash mouth 1 yard and a cloud of dust offense with record setting track athletes.
I don’t think he’s coaching offense. I think he’s doing the line.

After Week One:
CCL Rankings IMO
Watterson
DeSales
Hartley
St Charles

I think this is the Year the Eagles find themselves at the Top of the CCL when its all said and done.

After Week One:
CCL Rankings IMO
Watterson
DeSales
Hartley
St Charles

I think this is the Year the Eagles find themselves at the Top of the CCL when its all said and done.
I can’t go with Watterson until I see them get over the hump. They may have the best overall record at the end of the year because of some shrewd scheduling that will build confidence around the program. Until they prove me wrong I’d go with:
1. Hartley
2. DeSales
3. Watterson
4. Newark Catholic
5. Ready
6. Bishop Rosecrans
7. Immaculate Conception
8. St Pius
9. Marion Catholic
10. St Charles

1661201085215.gif

What are everyone’s thoughts this week?
-I’m kind of surprised how far Hartley has fallen in some peoples “D4” rankings. Losing big to one of the best D2 teams in the state doesn’t mean that they should be ranked below a lot of these programs i’m seeing above them.
- DeSales has a HUGE challenge against one of the best D3 teams. Badin has lost a lot so it may be a winnable game that could springboard them in to state level D2 convos
-if Watty gets a W this week they may be looking at a 6-0 start. I’ve said it before but this is smart scheduling on Watterson’s part. Builds confidence and excitement