GCL co/ed 2022

From another thread: Congratulations to varsity football Coach Mike Orlando who was named today as the winner of the Paul Brown Excellence in Coaching Award. Read more at bengals.com/news.

"I've seen firsthand the incredibly positive impact the McNicholas football program has on the students involved, as well as the broader community," said Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin. "This is a testament to Mike Orlando, the fantastic coaches he's assembled as well as school leadership. The development of character in his student-athletes makes Mike a great example of what the Paul Brown Excellence in Coaching Award stands for”

Ironically Mike is from Steubenville and a big Steeler fan.

Rockets have New Richmond at home next Saturday. All 3 levels, Frosh, JV, Varsity. Not sure what they have after that.

Alter beat Beavercreek 9-1 on scores today. Unfortunately, there is no second scrimmage for the Knights. Alter has plenty of skilled players and is slinging the rock a lot this year. Depth and size will be a challenge. Numbers are really good grades 9-11 but they only have like 6-7 seniors left playing.

Alter beat Beavercreek 9-1 on scores today. Unfortunately, there is no second scrimmage for the Knights. Alter has plenty of skilled players and is slinging the rock a lot this year. Depth and size will be a challenge. Numbers are really good grades 9-11 but they only have like 6-7 seniors left playing.

Alter only has one scrimmage this year? If so, why?

Alter only has one scrimmage this year? If so, why?
Sounds like incompetence to me... Last year and this year have been a cluster with the organization when it comes to scheduling, hosting a 7v7, and finding scrimmages. I know they had Coach Morrison in charge of that, and he did a great job finding scrimmages, filling in open dates, and hosting a 5-6 team 7v7 at Alter. I know he's at St. Xavier now, but he was a key asset and a big Alter guy on staff as a coordinator and coach.

I believe Alter 9th/JV are playing Centerville this weekend in a scrimmage. How are the other teams looking like in the league? Badin was at Turpin/Harrison I believe. CJ? Fenwick? McNicholas and Carroll?

A one-scrimmage pre-season doesn't bode well for Alter's already slim chance against Fairmont.

The chinks in the armor are starting to be more visible.

2022 McNick Rockets

1660208811143.jpeg

A one-scrimmage pre-season doesn't bode well for Alter's already slim chance against Fairmont.

The chinks in the armor are starting to be more visible.
Alter will most likely lose to fairmont. No surprise this is possibly the biggest rebuild year in the last 20 years. They have some promising young skill players but the o-line & d-line will be challenged. Best 6-4 worst 3-7. Coach D will have them ready, might surprise a couple teams. At least I hope they do.

I think Alter's only hope is the passing game. They've been practicing a lot of spread in the summer/August. If they try to run the wishbone on Fairmont, they won't pick up any first downs. Unfortunately, I don't see Alter stopping Fairmont on defense; they didn't last year with all the talent of guys they had. Young talent and large classes coming up is a good promise for the future but 2022 is not the year.

Fairmont 42 Alter 14

I think Alter's only hope is the passing game. They've been practicing a lot of spread in the summer/August. If they try to run the wishbone on Fairmont, they won't pick up any first downs. Unfortunately, I don't see Alter stopping Fairmont on defense; they didn't last year with all the talent of guys they had. Young talent and large classes coming up is a good promise for the future but 2022 is not the year.

Fairmont 42 Alter 14
42!?!

Despite ending in a tie Madeira one’s had the best of McNick last night. The Rockets have some work to do to sure up both offensive and defensive lines. I expect the IH / McNicholas opener to be a close game despite the 15.5 pt spread in the Week 1 Yappi poll.

Despite ending in a tie Madeira one’s had the best of McNick last night. The Rockets have some work to do to sure up both offensive and defensive lines. I expect the IH / McNicholas opener to be a close game despite the 15.5 pt spread in the Week 1 Yappi poll.
Madeira completely blew away both of the lines. That is saying something bc Madeira is not traditionally known for having great lines. Week one versus IH going to be a battle.

I'm hearing IH is really struggling with numbers at the Varsity/JV levels. I think McNick cleans some things up and handles IH.

Alright. What’s everyone’s predictions going into week one? Outside the comical Fenwick thread that’s seemed to be taken down, there hasn’t been much talk around the Co-ed.