2022 Division III Poll Voting Discussion (Preseason)

We have 10 votes for this division but with no conversation. Don't be afraid to discuss your picks for the top 10 teams in this division. Should be very competitive this year...

Region 9 top 10 teams in alphabetical order
Aurora
Benedictine
Canfield
Chardon
CVCA
East
Kenston
Tallmadge
Ursuline
VA-SJ
West Geauga

Badin and Bellbrook will probably be among the top teams in region 12.
Region 10 and 11 top teams TBD...
With a lot of teams changing divisions and regions, it makes it harder without having a list of each of the new regions in front of you.

Well we’re back for year 2 of Just.here’s football rankings. But this year, as Benedictine drops to division III, so do I.
Let’s set some ground rules before we go into the season
1) I don’t know what I’m talking about, especially after following division 2 for 5 years.
2) I have a Northeast bias because those are the schools I’m most familiar with. Lucky for me, the majority of the top schools in division 3 reside in region 9.

Let’s get started.

1. Chardon - 28 in a row. Nuff said
  2. Badin - Gave Chardon as much as they could handle in last state title game.
  3. Bellbrook - Offense picked up late last year with 9 consecutive games of 35 or more points until falling to Badin in the region 12 final.
  4. Western Brown - If you though Bellbrook’s point streak was impressive, the Broncos scored at least 30 points in all 14 of their games last year.
  5. Benedictine - The first new comer to division 3 as the Bengals join region 9 for the first time in 10 years. Benedictine has made it to the regional semifinals each of the last 3 seasons. Only Chardon, Badin, and Holy Name can claim the same playoff consistency in division 3.
  6. Canfield - Cardinals are led by the state’s highest ranked QB in the class of 2023 and have a defense that didn’t give up more than 21 points until their playoff loss to the eventual State Champions
  7. Ursuline - The 2021 Division IV state runner-up makes a late climb into III for this year. However Ursuline is no stranger to playing a division 3 regular season schedule.
  8. Trotwood-Madison - Few schools on the list wouldn’t be willing to trade their football history for Trotwood-Madison and the Rams will have the talent will get back to their winning ways.
  9. Kenston - The Region 9 parade continues with the bombers who not only had to play Chardon once last year, but twice. Kenston brings back their quarterback after missing time with injury last year as they strive to take out their conference rival.
  10. Tallmadge - Throwing Tallmadge in the 10 spot to give Yappi himself a little love for all he does for us. But make no mistake, the Blue Devils might just have the Talent to solidify themselves in these rankings.

Well we’re back for year 2 of Just.here’s football rankings. But this year, as Benedictine drops to division III, so do I.
Let’s set some ground rules before we go into the season
1) I don’t know what I’m talking about, especially after following division 2 for 5 years.
2) I have a Northeast bias because those are the schools I’m most familiar with. Lucky for me, the majority of the top schools in division 3 reside in region 9.

Let’s get started.

1. Chardon - 28 in a row. Nuff said
Get rid of Western Brown from your top 10, add Aurora
List should probably go
Chardon
Benny's
Canfield
Aurora
Ursuline
Badin
Bellbrook

Not seeing much love for Central OH Div III teams in the recent pre season polls.... Granville, Sheridan, Bloom Carroll, Tri-Valley?

I always like to wait until 2-3 weeks into the season to take a stab at this but the above mentioned names are probably the ones that will make the most noise. A couple notes on teams that are of interest:

• Chardon: Since competitive balance started they have developed into a Kirtland like program that seems to reload every year. As one of the largest Div III teams a real benefit for them are their numbers and depth, if they were in Div II they would be a solid playoff team but I just don't see them being able to get by Hoban, Massillon, or Avon.
  • Western Brown: With them I feel like I am watching an old school Mike Leach Texas Tech Team, all offense with very little defense. Will this work in the long run? I also keep going back to their game last year against Clinton Massie, not a fan of what happened there and not sure this is the kind of team/staff that in the long run has the discipline for a playoff run.
  • Trotwood-Madison: Like Glenville can they reload and get their athletes back to a high level of on field performance post covid? They can present many match up problems allover the field but on the flip side they traditionally need to be able to work around challenges like limited resources and not so special special teams.
  • Ursuline: A late bump up to Div III really made a tough Region 9 that much tougher. They are almost the opposite of Chardon, individually great players on both sides of the ball with minimal depth. Those games in the middle of the season against Fitch & Harding will show how match ups with the bigger schools in Div III may play out.

Not seeing much love for Central OH Div III teams in the recent pre season polls.... Granville, Sheridan, Bloom Carroll, Tri-Valley?
I am not familiar with who they lost or returned, however I do know most of the top teams are in region 9 and that is just the facts. The central teams are more fringe top 10 probably if they are in the top 10 at all. There are just a lot of really good teams in region 9, especially with the additions of Benedictine and Ursuline.

Max Preps D-III Top 25
  1. Chardon​
  2. Canfield
  3. Badin
  4. Bellbrook
  5. Benedictine
  6. Western Brown
  7. London
  8. Granville
  9. Bloom-Carroll
  10. Jackson
  11. Kenston
  12. Tippecanoe
  13. Padua Franciscan
  14. Tallmadge
  15. Wapakoneta
  16. Columbian
  17. Mansfield Senior
  18. Aurora
  19. Villa Angela-St. Joseph
  20. Shawnee
  21. Clyde
  22. Chaminade-Julienne
  23. Monroe
  24. Holy Name
  25. Zanesville

Last edited:
Each day JLP will preview one team in Division 3.

Today, that team is VASJ.

Let's check in and see how they're doing.

falling GIF