Moeller vs. Massillon predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I saw it was like 26-21-1 or something close to that in favor of St.Ignatius. I’m totally fine with that considering the dominant run they put on through Ohio for close to 25 years.

Good night. Don’t stay up too late!
That wasn’t the question? The 90’s and early 2000’s. (Ignatius-St.Edward series record.)

St Ignatius

1989:42-21 Iggy
1991:14-13 Iggy
2000:36-21 Iggy
2001:49-20 Iggy
2002:29-21 Iggy
2003:37-12 Iggy
2004:38-13 Iggy
2005:29-26 Massillon
2006:30-16 Iggy
2008:49-7 Iggy
2009:26-21 Iggy
2020:21-14 Massillon

St Edward

1999:31-17 Massillon
2000:28-27 Massillon
2003:27-6 St Ed’s
2004:37-7 St Ed’s
2005:21-17 Massillon
2020:24-23 St Ed’s
2021:35-18 St Ed’s
2022:?

Seriously, Massillon plays some tough teams this year. You never really know about the out of state teams and they are playing a JV team Week 9, but Moeller and Eds are legit. No one else here is scheduling them.
BTW Massillon getting handled by Avon in the scrimmage is a good thing for the Tigers development.

Moeller is going to be incredibly dominant in the trenches this year. The fact that they have the best RB in the state, and multiple WR's that run a sub 4.4, they're going to be a problem.

Moeller 38
Massillon 17

Looks like this will be the 7th game at Massillon with 2 at Moeller’s home field and 4 neutral site games (2 state championship games, 1 at the Rubber Bowl, 1 at Paul Brown Stadium).

Good luck to both teams especially in regards to health.

Last edited:
Looks like this will be the 7th game at Massillon with 2 at Moeller’s home field and 4 neutral site games (2 state championship games, 1 at the Rubber Bowl, 1 at at Paul Brown Stadium).

Good luck to both teams especially in regards to health.
Massillon played Moeller at Galbreath Field, which today is still considered their Only real Home Field. The 2 others in Cincinnati were at Nippert Stadium and Paul Brown Stadium, both considered neutral. Maybe the Tigers will come to Cincy to open Moeller's new stadium in the coming years when it becomes a reality?

Massillon played Moeller at Galbreath Field, which today is still considered their Only real Home Field. The 2 others in Cincinnati were at Nippert Stadium and Paul Brown Stadium, both considered neutral. Maybe the Tigers will come to Cincy to open Moeller's new stadium in the coming years when it becomes a reality?
So I guess that's only 1 home game for Moeller in the series.

Where does Moeller play their home games? Is it a St Ed’s situation where they have a field on campus but it’s not feasible for games?

Where does Moeller play their home games? Is it a St Ed’s situation where they have a field on campus but it’s not feasible for game.
Exactly like St. Ed's and Iggy home field situation. Moe plays at a local HS, about 15 minutes from Campus. Moeller was gifted 30 beautiful acres of land, about 10 minutes from Campus. An awesome baseball stadium is about to be completed (Moe played there this spring). Enough land exists for a Multi-Purpose/Full Football Stadium that would be equally as beautiful once completed. Parking and infrastructure/traffic issues would have to be worked out. I would expect Moeller to announce Fund Raising efforts in the near future.

Where does Moeller play their home games? Is it a St Ed’s situation where they have a field on campus but it’s not feasible for games?
For the last seven or eight years they have rented out public school stadiums. Three different ones I might add. Before that they played a season at the University of Cincinnati and before that they played a number of years at Galbreath field in Mason. They have a nice turf field on campus at the Faust Athletic Complex but no bleachers or lights to speak of. They do play JV and Freshmen games there. The complex has a state of the art weight room and a regulation size track. The school is landlocked so there is no chance of a permanent stadium for football. The school has benefitted from a land donation in recent years about 10 miles from the school which could serve as a home for football. There would have to be major infrastructure improvements to allow for entrance and exit from the local expressway and of course parking considerations. The land does currently have a brand new baseball stadium and a soon to be constructed soccer field. Football will have to wait a few more years at the earliest. GBM

For the last seven or eight years they have rented out public school stadiums. Three different ones I might add. Before that they played a season at the University of Cincinnati and before that they played a number of years at Galbreath field in Mason. They have a nice turf field on campus at the Faust Athletic Complex but no bleachers or lights to speak of. They do play JV and Freshmen games there. The complex has a state of the art weight room and a regulation size track. The school is landlocked so there is no chance of a permanent stadium for football. The school has benefitted from a land donation in recent years about 10 miles from the school which could serve as a home for football. There would have to be major infrastructure improvements to allow for entrance and exit from the local expressway and of course parking considerations. The land does currently have a brand new baseball stadium and a soon to be constructed soccer field. Football will have to wait a few more years at the earliest. GBM

6.2 miles from Campus

Who do they think they are Nordonia?
Murray did have some boys to throw to. Denzel was fairly quick.
Yeah, I know that's an understatement.
It still blows me away how easily LaSalle handled Nordonia in the championship game.
Sorry for digressing from the thread theme.

Exactly like St. Ed's and Iggy home field situation. Moe plays at a local HS, about 15 minutes from Campus. Moeller was gifted 30 beautiful acres of land, about 10 minutes from Campus. An awesome baseball stadium is about to be completed (Moe played there this spring). Enough land exists for a Multi-Purpose/Full Football Stadium that would be equally as beautiful once completed. Parking and infrastructure/traffic issues would have to be worked out. I would expect Moeller to announce Fund Raising efforts in the near future.
Sounds like a great deal for the school moving forward. Should see Moe back on top in Cincy.

Side note for you people hating on Massillon for not playing games AT Moe….how can we play games at a school that doesn’t have a stadium and deliberately moves the games to a “neutral” site? But you all knew that already you just like proving how petty you are.

St Ignatius

1989:42-21 Iggy
1991:14-13 Iggy
2000:36-21 Iggy
2001:49-20 Iggy
2002:29-21 Iggy
2003:37-12 Iggy
2004:38-13 Iggy
2005:29-26 Massillon
2006:30-16 Iggy
2008:49-7 Iggy
2009:26-21 Iggy
2020:21-14 Massillon
You missed a couple:
2001 (Regular Season) 40-26 St Ignatius
2007 27-0 St Ignatius

Sounds like a great deal for the school moving forward. Should see Moe back on top in Cincy.

Side note for you people hating on Massillon for not playing games AT Moe….how can we play games at a school that doesn’t have a stadium and deliberately moves the games to a “neutral” site? But you all knew that already you just like proving how petty you are.

LOL. OK. No Moeller fans doing that? Moe enjoys coming to PBS and playing the Tigers!

I doubt that’s possible ?

Who is the projected QB? I think I read that Moe returns the entire O line. What a luxury that is
I was there. They were bad. One of two Juniors will start. No Senior QB on the roster. One QB was roughed up toward the end of Saturday's scrimmage and I do not know his status. Could be anything from a bone contusion to something more serious. Won't know for a few more days.

I doubt that’s possible ?

Who is the projected QB? I think I read that Moe returns the entire O line. What a luxury that is

Yes they do. JR. Jordan Marshall is a special talent at TB. As good a RB as Moeller has had in a long time. OSU, Michigan and all the Big Boys recruiting him. I expect both teams to play really well, and it's going to be a lower scoring game than most on here predict, with the winner 7-10 points better.

Hopefully the QB who got banged up will be alright. I’m assuming Moe will look to rely heavily on the run game with Marshall and Weeder. That being said you can’t discount those receivers especially #10 I think who is a really really good player. I could see him burning Massillon on some play action pass plays

Status
Not open for further replies.