2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
the o line look suspect . IMO and I’ve watched every practice . I hope they get it together in these scrimmages. they stand straight up and no drive off the ball . Go tigers ! ?

Mhmm…hopefully that changes when actual contact is allowed.

So this observation was made before contact is even allowed?
Well yeah I suppose so. That’s why I said next Saturday I’ll be watching them very closely. Moore and Snodgrass I’m comfortable with going off of last year. But as a unit I don’t know. Jones needs to be healthy so we have him and maybe see Chase Bond playing both ways. I don’t know, it’s going to be interesting.

I knew about the concussion helmet. I watched every game last year on the streaming service. Figured he was cleared of that since he was still in the program. Kinda the same thing with the walking boot. Hope he is 100 percent when the season starts. Is he clearly the best center candidate?

I knew about the concussion helmet. I watched every game last year on the streaming service. Figured he was cleared of that since he was still in the program. Kinda the same thing with the walking boot. Hope he is 100 percent when the season starts. Is he clearly the best center candidate?
Not necessarily. Slaughter, on top of being a freshman....learning, competing, and adjusting to the speed of the game, was CONSTANTLY having to track down snaps....too high....too far left, too far right, constantly starting almost EVERY PLAY behind the 8 ball. Snodgrass stepped into the position and really settled it down. He was really a presence at the position.

Not necessarily. Slaughter, on top of being a freshman....learning, competing, and adjusting to the speed of the game, was CONSTANTLY having to track down snaps....too high....too far left, too far right, constantly starting almost EVERY PLAY behind the 8 ball. Snodgrass stepped into the position and really settled it down. He was really a presence at the position.
lol yeah not sure why we stuck with the same kid that couldn’t snap the ball the previous year when the problem was clearly not fixed.

Went to the st eds game last year. Is the freshmen noseguard playing noseguard again and is he healthy saw earlier in the thread he was banged up? Kid was impressive. Mike Wright Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the st eds game last year. Is the freshmen noseguard playing noseguard again and is he healthy saw earlier in the thread he was banged up? Kid was impressive. Mike Wright Jr.
He'll play somewhere on the DL, probably DE though, just depends on the philosophy (big NT vs quick) He's pretty quick for his size for sure.. I don't think the injury will be an issue, saw him competing in the tug of war that the lineman compete in, He also play RB in Jr High.. wouldn't be surprised to see him line up from time to time as a FB in jumbo packages but he's a capable ball carrier.. Only talking a play here and there, short yardage stuff.

Week 4

Harding at Massillon

Like many of Harding’s 2021 contests, the Raiders’ matchup with Massillon was a thriller.

Harding trailed by as much as 21 in the second quarter and 16 in the second half before staging a late rally. In the end, the Raiders came up just shy in a 49-46 loss to the Tigers.

The Raiders will enter having faced Medina, Buchtel and Hudson in Weeks 1-3, providing plenty of time for Harding to sharpen before it seeks its first win over Massillon since 2016.

Also aiding Harding is the return of dynamic quarterback Dalys Jett, who picked up a handful of Division I offers during the offseason. He threw for 1,672 yards and 22 touchdowns, the latter of which marking a WGH record, and also tallied 545 yards and 11 touchdowns on 99 rushes, according to statistics compiled on wghfootball.com.

He’ll be without receivers Tyirq Ivory and Dom Foster, but does have tailback Ryan Powell at his disposal. Powell, a 3-star recruit according to 247Sports, also has a number of D1 offers to his name, including a few at the Power 5 level. He ran for 308 yards and four touchdowns on 45 rushes last year, according to the team’s statistics kept on DigitialScout.

Week 6

Austintown Fitch at Massillon

This one may have felt like a missed opportunity for Fitch a season ago at Falcon Stadium.

Fitch led 14-0 one play into the second quarter and took a 21-17 lead into the fourth before the Tigers rallied with a 14-point quarter to win the game, 31-21.

Fitch will feature one of the area’s best tailback tandems this season in Jamell James and D.J. Williams, providing a steady ground game for the Falcons as they look to replace starting quarterback Devin Sherwood, who graduated.

Fitch also has playmakers out wide and on defense, particularly in Cam Smith, a 3-star safety committed to Iowa State. He features at receiver, too.

In the trenches, Brian Robinson has picked up plenty of impressive offers during the offseason and will figure to be a wrecking ball for the Falcon defense.

Given the sort of firepower Fitch does return, the Falcons could be in the mix against always-talented Massillon again this season. A win would figure to be a massive boost for Fitch’s playoff seeding, as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.