St. Xavier Football 2022

I don't know ReJect. It seems that in recent years the Bombers already had proven replacement players ready to step in and perform well in place of the graduating class from the previous year. This year seems to be much different, a total state of flux. If Moe's projected starting QB didn't have a brain fart, I would have to name the Crusaders as the prohibitive GCL-S favorites. As it stands right now, I think it is anybody's title to claim. I still like Big Moe though. One more thing, Hubbard was the second or third fastest player on that 2013 state championship team. GBM :)
X in a state of flux?

X has had 1 head coach in the past 18 years, 1 AD the past 5 years and 6 GCL football titles in the past 10 years.......how many has Moe had?

Moe has a losing record (35-41) for the past 7 seasons while X is 51-26 with 2 state titles.
Brain flatulence extends from the Moe players to the blowhard fans

Face it birdbrain the Bombers ReLoad every season.

2015 X won 14-10 Week 5 at Nippert Stadium
2016 X won 21-14 Week 5 at Ballaban Field
2017 X won 30-7 Week 5 at Roettger Stadium
2018 X lost 19-14 Week 5 at Ballaban Field
2019 X won 27-24 Week 5 at Nippert Stadium
2020 X won 43-14 Week 5 at Ballaban Field
2020 X won 45-14 2nd Round at Ballaban Field
2021 X won 49-16 Week 5 at Nippert Stadium
and in Week 5 this fall......
2022 X wins big at Ballaban and makes it 8 wins in the last 9 games

X in a state of flux?

X has had 1 head coach in the past 18 years, 1 AD the past 5 years and 6 GCL football titles in the past 10 years.......how many has Moe had?

Moe has a losing record (35-41) for the past 7 seasons while X is 51-26 with 2 state titles.
Brain flatulence extends from the Moe players to the blowhard fans

Face it birdbrain the Bombers ReLoad every season.

2015 X won 14-10 Week 5 at Nippert Stadium
2016 X won 21-14 Week 5 at Ballaban Field
2017 X won 30-7 Week 5 at Roettger Stadium
2018 X lost 19-14 Week 5 at Ballaban Field
2019 X won 27-24 Week 5 at Nippert Stadium
2020 X won 43-14 Week 5 at Ballaban Field
2020 X won 45-14 2nd Round at Ballaban Field
2021 X won 49-16 Week 5 at Nippert Stadium
and in Week 5 this fall......
2022 X wins big at Ballaban and makes it 8 wins in the last 9 games
"This year seems to be much different, a total state of flux". Apparently we blowhards can distinguish time. On the other hand the most obnoxious of the X fan base are not only incapable of reading comprehension, they are incapable of debate. Let me ask you this ReJect, what did Moeller or the school's fan base ever do to you that would cause such hatred and animosity? Or, is it that you are just a disgruntled, unhappy, unsportsmanlike human being that refuses to grow the eff up? Inquiring minds would like to know. Good luck to your Bombers this coming season. GBM

"This year seems to be much different, a total state of flux". Apparently we blowhards can distinguish time. On the other hand the most obnoxious of the X fan base are not only incapable of reading comprehension, they are incapable of debate. Let me ask you this ReJect, what did Moeller or the school's fan base ever do to you that would cause such hatred and animosity? Or, is it that you are just a disgruntled, unhappy, unsportsmanlike human being that refuses to grow the eff up? Inquiring minds would like to know. Good luck to your Bombers this coming season. GBM
Agreed. Why can't X fans just be gracious when a blowhard Moe fan comes on the X board spouting about his team that is 1-7 against the Bombers with a grand total of ONE playoff win between 2015-2020 vs. the Bombers TWO STATE TITLES over that same period? These X fans are RIDICULUOUS!!!

BTW, I still remember the collective cheer I could hear downtown from Montgomery Road when the OHSAA implemented the "everyone gets in rule" for the D1 playoffs. At least now Moeller has a real incentive to stay in D1 vs. dropping down to D2 where they could go back to missing the playoffs almost every year.

Sorry birdog
Reading comprehension is not my strong suit......not many things are
But I see your point.
Big Moe is back and X is on the decline.
Might be time for me to jump ship.
Save me a seat for all Moe games this season, home and away
GBM

Why? Are they returning a lot?
Yes, plus they have a lot of their better athletes returning on both sides of the ball. They lost their projected starting QB but RB is arguably one of the best in the State. I am just expecting them to be very solid.

Agreed that Moe should be the GCL favorite next year, they have the most known returning quality. Elder loses a good bit off a team that wasn't great to begin with. X is just an unknown right now, but they have pieces to build around. The week one X team will probably bear little resemblance to week 10

Agreed that Moe should be the GCL favorite next year, they have the most known returning quality. Elder loses a good bit off a team that wasn't great to begin with. X is just an unknown right now, but they have pieces to build around. The week one X team will probably bear little resemblance to week 10
I think its all going to hinge on QB play. Elder, Moeller and X lost 3 very good QBs.

Entirely too early to tell but seeing as though it appears they are letting the seniors get 1st crack at the QB job, has anyone heard or know which way the coaches are leaning or still wide open

Last edited:
X Returning QBs
#12 Kyle Tressler Sr. 6'0" 177lb
#9 Kyle Fitzgerald Sr. 6'3” 190lb
#5 Jack O’Malley Jr. 6'0" 175lb
Ben Soloria So.
Chase Herbstreit So.
Michael McColgan So. 5'10" 150lb - transferring to Culver

O’Malley became the varsity backup last year after JV season ended and is frontrunner entering camp.
Soloria and Herbstreit split time on frosh level will likely be JV starters if neither wins the varsity job.

This could get interesting

He looks a LOT thicker since last season.
First scrimmage on August 6th 10am at Centerville HS, his dad's old stomping grounds.
That offseason/preseason program is real. Thats going to be a good one to see. It'll be here before we know it

I fully expect Jack O'Malley to be the starting QB. He was getting all of the backup reps at the end of last season.
I can see that. I don't remember ever seeing him drop back to throw a pass though, it was all running. With Cov's love of the pass, he has to be able to throw it.

I fully expect Jack O'Malley to be the starting QB. He was getting all of the backup reps at the end of last season
Me too.
O'Malley (6'1" 190lb) was full-time both his frosh and sophomore years and as you mentioned spent the last 6 weeks of last season working out with the varsity.
As an undersized freshmen, Herbstreit split time with Soloria at the frosh level.
With his off season growth spurt to 6'1" 180lb, I would expect him to be full-time JV and back up on Friday nights.
Hopefully he hits another growth spurt to reach dad's 6'4" height

3 Questions

1. Anyone hear Houston has been moved to corner to bolster the secondary?
Would make sense given the Bombers open the season against a couple of teams with above average passing attacks.
He could still play WR occasionally.

2. Is Drake Ross playing this season?

3. With the emergence of the 3 senior defensive linemen (Antony Morris, Isiah Jackson and Dijon Harris) all of whom are getting college offers/looks and junior power5 DE Ted Hammond, do the coaches move Adams and other DLinemen to the offensive line?

Offense
QB #5 Jack O’Malley Jr. 6'1" 190lb
RB #40 Steve Napier Jr. 5’10” 197lb
TE #88 Joey Wassler Sr. 6’5” 225lb offers from Kent State, UConn, Harvard, Temple, Fordham, Memphis, Princeton, Navy, App State, Dartmouth, Army, Yale, Michigan, Illinois St, Miami (OH), Ohio, Bryant, Liberty, Youngstown State, Air Force Academy, James Madison, South Dakota
LT Tucker Kattus So. 6’5” 260lb offers from Kentucky and Miami OH
LG #66 Evan Fleetwood Sr. 6’3” 270lb offers from University Tennessee Martin, Walsh University, Valparaiso
RT #69 Rob Fogler Sr. 6’7” 308lb offers from Georgia Tech, Indiana, Miami OH, Bowling Green, Kent State, Middle Tennessee State, Western Michigan, UConn, Bryant University and Central Michigan

Need 2 WRs, another TE, a center and a guard

Defense
DE #53 Isiah Jackson Sr. 6'3" 235lb offers from Otterbein, Hanover
NG #99 Antony Morris Sr. 6'2" 273lb offers from Morehead St, Valparaiso, Hanover, Walsh University, MSJ
DE #97 Ted Hammond Jr. 6'5” 260lb offers from Vanderbilt, Temple, UMass, UConn, Pitt, Miami (OH), Duke, Iowa, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Kentucky
OLB (Will) Noah Beck Jr. 6’2” 230lb
ILB (Sam) #14 Pete Rose III Sr 6’0” 200lb
OLB (Jet) #7 Max Bonner Jr. 6’1” 205lb commitment to Michigan for LAX
SS #30 Alex Devine Sr. 5'11" 190lb
FS #2 Nolan Myers Sr. 6'2" 167lb
CB #19 Robert Houston Sr. 5'10" 165lb offers from Centre College, Wilmington

Need another corner and safety

Me too.
O'Malley (6'1" 190lb) was full-time both his frosh and sophomore years and as you mentioned spent the last 6 weeks of last season working out with the varsity.
As an undersized freshmen, Herbstreit split time with Soloria at the frosh level.
With his off season growth spurt to 6'1" 180lb, I would expect him to be full-time JV and back up on Friday nights.
Hopefully he hits another growth spurt to reach dad's 6'4" height
My apologies to the moderator for my unseemly remarks questioning the toughness and flowery fragrance of the Bomber football team. God forbid a friendly competitor should ever post on a alternate forum (eyes raised). I promise to mind my p's and q's going forward. I would not want to become the Omar of Yappi discourse. Besides, I am the only supporter of the so called "Evil Empire" (a term coined by a certain X homer) that can stand toe to toe with ReJect and refute his baseless, antagonistic, verbal excrement. GBM