Let's Start A Good Thread. Best Concerts you've Ever Attended !

Indoor: Tool - Hara Arena back in the day when Maynard was front and center.....

I have had the pleasure of seeing a ton of great shows over the years and some I have totally forgot about. The best places for me to see shows was the Newport Music Hall in Columbus and Hara Arena in Dayton. Saw many bands before they got big....

Outdoor: Black Sabbath

In the Round: I don't know what this is.....

Best Guitar solo..... tough one... Eddie Van Halen, George Lynch, Toni Iommi

Drum Solo.... Tool..... The human octopus Danny Carey.

Bands I want to see.... Gojira,

Indoor - Van Halen Nice show but Rush was the Best
Guitar Solo - Jimmy Page ( The Firm ) inside Pyramid Strobe destroying a Violin Bow on a Cello
Singer / Bass Guitarist - Geddy Lee Rush
Drum Solo - Neil Peart - Rush

Indoor - Van Halen Nice show but Rush was the Best
Guitar Solo - Jimmy Page ( The Firm ) inside Pyramid Strobe destroying a Violin Bow on a Cello
Singer / Bass Guitarist - Geddy Lee Rush
Drum Solo - Neil Peart - Rush
Van Halen is the worst show I've ever seen. 1984
Scorpions best with Bowie and Rush close behind. Ozzy with original Black Sabbath and Judas Priest also up there.
I was in Sweden and saw Ronnie James Dio at a tiny little bar. Then I came back to the states and he was playing in a small bar here in Canton where my band had / has played about 10 times.

Cheap Trick and John Waite in late 80's was pretty good too. Small College gigs. BGSU

1652721545755.png

They added Scorpions at the last second and they came on stage first... at 8:00am! What a show it was! FYI - Nugent was the headliner and played last.

Scorpions best with Bowie and Rush close behind. Ozzy with original Black Sabbath and Judas Priest also up there.
I was in Sweden and saw Ronnie James Dio at a tiny little bar. Then I came back to the states and he was playing in a small bar here in Canton where my band had / has played about 10 times.

Cheap Trick and John Waite in late 80's was pretty good too. Small College gigs. BGSU
Ronnie James..my top concert that I wished I would have seen besides the 90 plus that I had seen

I love Van Halen...had never seen them in concert but picked up a few on youtube. Not real impressed with all the ad-libbing. I want song to be the same as I hear on the radio

I love Van Halen...had never seen them in concert but picked up a few on youtube. Not real impressed with all the ad-libbing. I want song to be the same as I hear on the radio
You mean vocal ad-libbing or musical ad-libbing?

Ronnie James..my top concert that I wished I would have seen besides the 90 plus that I had seen
Funny thing about Dio was it was about an 18" stage. I could hear him, but only got a few glimpses of him. I honestly thought it was some tribute band since my Swedish was not real strong when I was reading the paper. I had to ask the friends I was visiting if it was really going to be him and they said yes, which meant nothing since I thought they were just messing with me. It was great. Like sitting in your basement with Dio playing live right there.

Van Halen was just a bunch of drunks on stage messing around.

I saw UFO a few years ago and that was pretty good. Wish I'd seen them in their prime. One of my favorite bands. Michael Schenker did a thing a few years ago with 4 of the different singers he has used in his solo career and it was cool to see in a smaller setting.

View attachment 29704
They added Scorpions at the last second and they came on stage first... at 8:00am! What a show it was! FYI - Nugent was the headliner and played last.

Yea, and if I recall correctly AC/DC was next up. A whole lotta LOUD early in the morning.

I caught a another WSOR show maybe a year or so earlier. Fleetwood Mac was the headliner, Rundgren, Cars, Eddie Money, and Bob Welch.

I will agree .. I too was expecting more from Van Halen - David Lee Roth did start with a Full bottle of Jack Daniels

Aerosmith - Def Leppard - Scorpions - were Excellent

Yea, and if I recall correctly AC/DC was next up. A whole lotta LOUD early in the morning.

I caught a another WSOR show maybe a year or so earlier. Fleetwood Mac was the headliner, Rundgren, Cars, Eddie Money, and Bob Welch.
Correct! They were all loud...until Uncle Ted re-defined it at the end. ?

My most listen too / Favorite SiriusXM Channels

311 - Yacht Rock
56 - The Highway
41 - Turbo
70 - Siriusly Sinatra

Last edited:
1994 at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre (outdoors) in Irvine, CA - The Eagles on their long-awaited "Hell Freezes Over" tour. Nothing like hearing the Eagles in So Cal... no one sat for that entire show.

Not necessarily the best I’ve ever been to, but they were phenomenal:

TOOL at The Q March 22, very strict no phone policy but allowed everyone a “souvenir” to record last song (not my recording, just a quality one from same night):

Loudest concert.... OMG, Judas Priest by far ... Hara Arena

Most annoying: Prodigy ...... it was suppose to be Devo but Prodigy took over on the tour. I just could not handle it and left half way into the set.

I was in Sweden and saw Ronnie James Dio at a tiny little bar.

I saw Mitch Ryder and a few remnants of the Detroit Wheels in Germany in a Gasthaus where we were but a handful of Americans. We got invited backstage and treated to all the amnesties until one of the Wheels got a little too handsy with a fräulein and we all got kicked out together. Last thing I remember was Mitch smashing a bottle over the front door yelling obscenities at the top of his lungs. It was frickin' awesome.

I saw Joe Cocker in a similar setting a few months later sans the ejection.

Good times.

From a musicianship standpoint, the Smashing Pumpkins when they double billed with Marilyn Manson in 2015 was the best I've seen. They were tight, technical, and booming. A wall of psychedelic shred sounds. Manson phoned it in.

The most entertaining show might have been Barenaked Ladies at Riverbend in 2001. Those guys are so dorky but they were a blast. They improvved a song about the state of Ohio prohibiting diarrhea at waterparks, being that they were right next to Coney Island. Seriously! And then this exchange: "Who here's from Ohio?!" (big cheer) "How bout Kentucky?!" (big cheer) "What about Indiana?" (much smaller cheer) "Yeah, Indiana SUCKS!"

Off the top of my head, probably Kendrick Lamar
Did he invite any fans to join him onstage? ?

Hadn't seen this thread for a while. Saw the title "Best Concerts" and thought of seeing Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics in '82 for some reason, but that wasn't it! But there were some really cool moments, especially some of the opening acts.

Bob Seger in Aug '76 - Artful Dodger was the opener (forgettable). KISS the headliner and in their prime So two really great shows on one bill. Bob's career would take like a silver bullet just a few months later.

KISS, 1979 in Riverfront, a few months before The Who tragedy. We arrived late and missed the intro, but the opening band was amazing. I went up to the soundboard guy to ask who it was - "Judas Priest". Wow. Their "Unleashed In The East" LP would come out the next month and put them in the spotlight. The drum-and-guitar break on "Victim Of Changes" is one of the great moments in music.

...... The other thing about that night: I drove five other people from Columbus to the show in my large sedan with bench seats. We didn't leave Cinci until 1:30 AM, I was bone-tired, and the dashed lines on I-71 lulled me into an eyes-open doze. I remember thinking I was in the left lane, so I put my signal on and did a proper change to the right lane. The girl next to me gave me a nudge and asked if I was awake. I woke up and realized I was driving on the berm - and there were no other cars in sight. That was a close one. Everyone else was asleep the whole time, but that girl made sure she stayed awake the rest of the way.

.38 Special, fall of '80. "Rockin' Into The Night" was okay, overall I wasn't impressed. I will say watching two drummers play the exact same thing side by side was a bit mesmerizing. But it was just before their breakout album and Hold On Loosely. They opened for Rush, which did not disappoint.

Ted Nugent, '96. Second act in between Warrant and KISS on their reunion tour. Ted was excellent even without the loincloth. Tommy Aldridge was his drummer, just blew everyone away.. I didn't have the same adrenaline for that show, mainly because of all the parents who brought their five year-olds and bought them Kiss comic books, lol. But still great to see Peter and Ace again, even if Peter's skills had declined noticeably.

Kiss, 2019. Last time, I promise! Was hoping to see an up-and-coming band as the opener. Instead, we had some joker named David Garibaldi, a sort of rock and roll portrait painter using huge canvases and creating recognizable images in a very short time. He did try to connect with the local crowd by painting Brutus Buckeye, but his act just didn't sing. :cool: