2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate even to say this but there are a couple of olineman not mentioned that could really help if they put their heart into it………..
There were a couple I was hoping would develop this off-season into starters but as of now am not hearing them mentioned as possible starters….hopefully something changes over the summer because O line will be the Achilles heal of the team again

There were a couple I was hoping would develop this off-season into starters but as of now am not hearing them mentioned as possible starters….hopefully something changes over the summer because O line will be the Achilles heal of the team again
Maybe, maybe not.?

Offense
This one is harder because my guess is they change the offense a bit to have Lennix as a hybrid type player.. so I'll take a wild stab at it
QB - Slaughter
RB - Hartson -M Lenix
WB- Lennix ( I'm calling it a wing back so he can be RB#2 or a WR on any given play. Gamble seems like a fit here
WR - A Banks -T Crable might spell him
WR -Liebler maybe T Smith moves out here.. he can run.. A whole host of soph's could come into play here, the ones I have listed as DB's
TE /HB - C Kring ( I'm hoping they actually use a real TE at times, HB really telegraphs where the ball is going) Maybe K Thomas?
LT - E Sirgo
LG - I McElroy (No nothing about him, just know he's got good size but might be off base with him)
C - S Snodgrass
RG - M Mercurio
RT- M Looney

Most of the depth on OL might be filled with soph's and maybe S Voshel
I'm sure M Moore, A Jones will see time as well
Other kids --Vaughan and a couple LB's could spell Harston, like Mitchell and Pringle, we shouldn't be short on RB's this year, just like F Lenix can play CB it just depends key on how they handle possible two way players. I'm all for it here and there in case of key injuries especially late in the season it won't be totally foreign..But I don't feel like it will happen too much. Good new we have a lot of talent and pretty good size at most of the positions. Also not sure if they have M Moore going on offense or defense, he's really good on both sides and I'l hoping A Jones stays healthy.
The L Petaros loss hurts some but at least there's good players to fill in the blanks

Love to hear what you guys think though, maybe you're hearing chatter about certain kids.. That incoming soph class is going to make things interesting I just don't have a great feel for who's ready.
Don't think I'd put too much stock on T. Crable being here long term. He may be he may not be.

Again ?? smh ..oh well...No chance petaros comes back is there?
I don’t think Tate will leave Massillon from what I’ve been told. But you never know. As far as Petaros, nothing personal because I don’t know the kid or anything like that, but he’s not that big of a loss. He didn’t make very many plays or impact plays last year so I wouldn’t be concerned at all about him not playing any longer. Sure it might hurt depth at first but they’ll find guys to step in and do the job. A lot of talent coming up through right now. Maybe they change a few things defensively if we’re thin on the dline

There is way too much going on over here !!!
Offers upon offers upon offers !!!
???

Yep it is all about winning! (Not really). At least to me, as a parent of 2 hs teenagers now, the work this staff does promoting kids to colleges and getting scholarships and aid, and on the academic side, is too outstanding to overstate. We are very fortunate to have the coach/staff we currently do.

Last edited:
I don’t think Tate will leave Massillon from what I’ve been told. But you never know. As far as Petaros, nothing personal because I don’t know the kid or anything like that, but he’s not that big of a loss. He didn’t make very many plays or impact plays last year so I wouldn’t be concerned at all about him not playing any longer. Sure it might hurt depth at first but they’ll find guys to step in and do the job. A lot of talent coming up through right now. Maybe they change a few things defensively if we’re thin on the dline
Probably didn't think the older Crable would leave either, don't see why pulling one kid wouldnt, or at least COULDNT lead to pulling the second one. As far as Petaros I strongly disagree, was a tough little d lineman that I saw McKinley double team more than once.

Yep it is all about winning! (Not really). At least to me, as a parent of 2 hs teenagers now, the work this staff does promoting kids to colleges and getting scholarships and aid, and on the academic side, is too outstanding to overstate. We are very fortunate to have the coach/staff we currently do.
I agree, two years ago I was tracking the scholarships that were handed out and its pretty impressive to say the least. And its really cool what a big Moore makes of teams (all sports) GPA's...

I agree, two years ago I was tracking the scholarships that were handed out and its pretty impressive to say the least. And its really cool what a big Moore makes of teams (all sports) GPA's...

It is one thing for blue chippers and sure bets to land schollies, but we go WAY beyond that for "tweeners" and small or mid level guys that I am 100% sure would not be receiving the same packages they get because they are here, and not another area school. And probably 90% of the state for that matter.

Probably didn't think the older Crable would leave either, don't see why pulling one kid wouldnt, or at least COULDNT lead to pulling the second one. As far as Petaros I strongly disagree, was a tough little d lineman that I saw McKinley double team more than once.
I don’t know as far as Tate is concerned just going by what I was told by his family in March. I couldn’t disagree more about the other kid. But we all have opinions.

It is one thing for blue chippers and sure bets to land schollies, but we go WAY beyond that for "tweeners" and small or mid level guys that I am 100% sure would not be receiving the same packages they get because they are here, and not another area school. And probably 90% of the state for that matter.
Good call. They're always going to find the studs. It's the kids down the pecking chain that benefit from the exposure and the connections of the coaching staff.

Does anyone know if their has been any significant growth (height/weight) of any of the lineman???

Status
Not open for further replies.